It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Signing a petition to government for a laugh, makes a mockery of your self righteous political stance her all the time.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

How?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't know whether your lies are intentional or reading comprehension problems, so I won't call you a liar.

You call my reading comprehension skills into question, yet you say you read the OP.

Sorry Charlie, you can call me whatever makes you feel good and right, it only changes what is fact and what is true in your own mind.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Granite

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Queen has nothing to do with this.

This was everyday British people and politicians exercising their right to free speech, because they found something a US presidential candidate said to be abhorrent.

Perhaps you missed the news that Jimmy Carter did the same exact policy implemented on Iranians?

Kind of takes your hyperbole to new heights?

No it just takes your ignorance about the matter to new heights. Banning people from a nation that we have sanctions against is far different than simply banning people because of their faith. If Trump were to start using the word Jew in place of the word Muslim people would be crying he's the next Hitler.

Well, you see, Buster, here is the problem. The jihadists are intermingled into the muslim populations. If they DID belong to one specific country, like Iran, then the problem would not be so complicated.

Just as they do in battle, they locate among schools, mosques, hospitals, and civilian residential areas. Excising them will inevitably affect the innocent for the time it takes to solve the problem.

But, they hide among the civilized muslim populations from many countries. The solution is going to be complicated.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Night, I shared it, the entire petition, for you personally so you could deny ignorance.

It's not about Muslims & Islam but his whole outlook.

The only reason it came after the Muslim comments is because he planned a trip to the UK.
edit on 1-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Added commas.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I'm pleased the government have dismissed the petition

The gov't has not dismissed the petition. If they decide to ban Trump, most likely there wouldn't be an announcement to the world, he would just not be allowed to enter. We would probably hear about it from HIM, after he was denied entry.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Depends how many of your offended brothers and sisters did it for a laugh wasting government time on an non issue.
How many emailed their MP's I wonder, to #ing lazy to do that just fill an online government form for a laugh.
Yeah right on comrade

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I'll say told you so in couple of weeks then 😊

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You seem outraged and full of profanities.

Have a cuppa.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, more people never signed than signed, so you could argue that only a minority of Brits want Trump banned from the UK.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Well, you see, Buster, here is the problem. The jihadists are intermingled into the muslim populations.

And rapists are intermingled into the male population... That doesn't mean we should do anything to all males to prevent rape. The suggestion is as preposterous as Trump's idea.

The solution is going to be complicated.

EXACTLY! It's not going to be as simple as banning an entire religion.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'll say told you so in couple of weeks then 😊

You will still be wrong about the government having dismissed the petition at THIS time. I can't imagine what you will say "I told you so" about.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

He never said he wanted to ban an entire religion. Never.

Rapists within the male population is a whole lot different than terror cells hiding among populations. If you don't see the difference, then I don't know what to say.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm chilled to be honest just struggling to express a mocking emotion through the medium of typed words
Trump will not be banned and I will mock you and the other 500,000 'digital activists' when he is not lol

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic Oh it's been dismissed already, and we can all chuckle in a couple of weeks.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm thinking now that since Mohammed is now the number one name for males in the UK, that silly petition was probably signed by mostly muslims reacting to low information, misinformation, and bias. I can't imagine that anybody with any sense would sign it for real.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Same goes for Canada

Canadian PM comdemnation of Trump

If the USG wants to forfeit their legitimacy by electing Trump, then go ahead but you cant being guns across our boarder to protect your leaders (other than the unmarked E-250 with diplomatic plates and no windows that everyone knows is full of illegal US soldiers) from pies in their faces like Trump will surely get if he comes here. I police MIGHT detain the pie throwers for the cameras and then shake their hands apon release.

Trump is a Jest. Americans than vote for him are racist 20th century ghosts. When Canadians says they love Americans, most wern't talking about those Americans.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
Well Charlie signed it 'for a laugh' so add similar vacuous reasons and it's a ridiculous farce of a petition.
*edit
The home secretary can make the decision now herself, needs no permission from parliament at all, she didn't.
The 'debate' is lip service to to digital activists lol, the carefully worded government statement makes that clear, but the outraged social media people can't see it yet.

edit on 1.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords
Well Charlie signed it 'for a laugh' so add similar vacuous reasons and it's a ridiculous farce of a petition.

Well, Charlie IS muslim, you know. There you go! lol!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I'm thinking now that since Mohammed is now the number one name for males in the UK, that silly petition was probably signed by mostly muslims reacting to low information, misinformation, and bias. I can't imagine that anybody with any sense would sign it for real.

I signed it. I regard Trump as a bloviating moron who babbles hatred. And actually Oliver is the leading name for baby boys at the moment. You are very ill-informed, aren't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join