It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2016

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PuterMan

I think that was the same oneone, just updated. On aeic it showed one by Talkeetna and Cordova at near the same time. Their site isn't loading now.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sandman441

Hopefully they didn't sustain too much damage then!
I can't imagine how that felt, it felt like the house was on a pissed off stormy ocean.
Sorry for being so chatty, everyone here is back asleep somehow. I'm still a little twitchy myself. There has to be some kind of aftershock from that too.

Thank you puterman for the update!!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PuterMan

Sorry, not so cool!!!

They have deleted one, which does not mean it won't be put back but that does not happen too often.

the other site I check still had the 2 up a 6.4 and a few seconds later the 7.1. It was right under iliamna I believe.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bryan2006
a reply to: PuterMan

I think that was the same oneone, just updated. On aeic it showed one by Talkeetna and Cordova at near the same time. Their site isn't loading now.

yeah that always goes down, check this one out

ntwc.arh.noaa.gov...

originally posted by: woodsmom

Hopefully they didn't sustain too much damage then!
I can't imagine how that felt, it felt like the house was on a pissed off stormy ocean.
Sorry for being so chatty, everyone here is back asleep somehow. I'm still a little twitchy myself. There has to be some kind of aftershock from that too.

Thank you puterman for the update!!

no worries, Im reading about the quake too. From what they said the only thing that got messed up was their electric fireplace. Other than that I think it's ok.
edit on 24-1-2016 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
M2.7 at 2:12am, 20 miles NW of Anchor Point
M3.0 at 2:08am, 23 miles N of Augustine Volcano
M3.4 at 2:05am, 20 miles N of Augustine Volcano
M3.4 at 2:01am, 18 miles S of Iliamna Volcano
M2.9 at 1:59am, 16 miles S of Iliamna Volcano
M3.6 at 1:58am, 18 miles SE of Kokhanok
M4.0 at 1:54am, 16 miles S of Iliamna Volcano
M3.2 at 1:49am, 14 miles S of Iliamna Volcano

It doesn't seem to be over, and it shows one near Cordova at the same time. earthquake.alaska.edu...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Glad to hear it!!

Bryan2006, I guess those would the aftershocks, and back to normal, haven't felt a single one. Maybe I will be able to go back to sleep, thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
not sure if this will work, but I guess this is from Carrs

i.imgur.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

There was a smaller one last summer that did that to the Freddy's down here. Hopefully the damage isn't too extensive everywhere.

Eta....It looks like it's been downgraded to a 6.5
earthquake.alaska.edu...
edit on 24-1-2016 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

There was a smaller one last summer that did that to the Freddy's down here. Hopefully the damage isn't too extensive everywhere.

oh yeah I remember that now, The only things I have heard were a few broken items and the power is out in certain places in Anchorage. I think otherwise it's ok, oh yeah they said fire trucks were going to buildings and resetting the fire alarms as they were going off.

I find it funny fox news and cnn are both on new york still.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Hopefully it stays minimal. At least our construction is generally sound enough to move with things a bit up here. Hopefully people check up on elderly neighbors in the morning too.

Go figure. We are just Alaska right? I guess that's why it takes a certain breed to thrive up here.
I'm still kind of mad they are getting our snow.......

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Hopefully it stays minimal. At least our construction is generally sound enough to move with things a bit up here. Hopefully people check up on elderly neighbors in the morning too.

Go figure. We are just Alaska right? I guess that's why it takes a certain breed to thrive up here.
I'm still kind of mad they are getting our snow.......

Yeah there have been 20-30 after shocks but yeah most of the houses here are constructed pretty well which is a good thing. Haha, I'm just tired of hearing it like the world is going to end and everybody is going to die. It's just annoying.

I don't mind them getting our snow, I am snowed out.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sandman441

i.imgur.com...

It felt bigger/more violent in different areas of town.

I'm more upset my microphone got moved. I'm narrating an audio book and have to keep everything the same so my recordings sound uniform. Now I get to try and re-position the mic just the same. Yay. Not.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: sandman441

i.imgur.com...

It felt bigger/more violent in different areas of town.

I'm more upset my microphone got moved. I'm narrating an audio book and have to keep everything the same so my recordings sound uniform. Now I get to try and re-position the mic just the same. Yay. Not.

yeah I think you are right on that one, I felt it for a good minute before it hit and it felt like it was going to be a big one. But yeah different places felt it differently.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I'm glad they are staying small, I was waiting for something bigger than they have registered for aftershocks so far. I'm thinking sleep may be soon! Thank you for the info and the distraction.

Yeah, you have to love the hype. It's amusing sometimes, but gets old pretty fast too. ATS is my only online interaction though, so it's kept in check a bit. I can't imagine Facebook right now, here or on the East coast.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I'm glad they are staying small, I was waiting for something bigger than they have registered for aftershocks so far. I'm thinking sleep may be soon! Thank you for the info and the distraction.

Yeah, you have to love the hype. It's amusing sometimes, but gets old pretty fast too. ATS is my only online interaction though, so it's kept in check a bit. I can't imagine Facebook right now, here or on the East coast.

yeah me too, they are mostly around 3's give or take a few points but. No worries I was up too and reading everywhere so it was interesting. I was flipping between fox news and cnn as they are the only 2 stations on right now and they are both still talking about new york and I swear one of the people had no idea what ice was.

Then a few moments ago they go well now we will take you on the wild ride that happened today on the stock market. I was like you guys are idiots. Seriously it's been the last 30 minutes or so that I could stand to watch the channels it's been all about New York and Cnn threw in New Jersey and they were like we are wondering what is going to happen when the tide comes in in 45 minutes, let's watch live. Facebook is pretty wild so far and Reddit is too.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This seems to be one of the bigger aftershocks.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Glad to hear there was no loss of life.

Stay safe.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
@ the Alaskans, Congratulations on having the first M7 for 2016, and no one got hurt.
I don't care for the new AEIC web site, where's the list of quakes with lat/long etc
maps are fine but ..........

Energy Release;
Me_bb =M7.38
Me_hf =M7.56
ds.iris.edu...
edit on 01000000232316 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzy

Haha, thanks. It was a ride for sure.

They have changed up their site a bit too much. I was lost last night for a few minutes looking for info. It's not as concise as it used to be.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Volcanic type swarm of small earthquakes last nght offshore W of Thornton, NE of Whakatane, Bay of Plenty, NZ, between the Airport and Whale Island (Moutohora)
There have been swarms here before. Whale Island is an dormant volcanic peak.

nzeq2016.blogspot.co.nz...

Urewera Station (to the SE) picked them up quite well.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just noticed an email alert for the following:

Preliminary Earthquake Report
Magnitude 6.1
Date-Time • 25 Jan 2016 04:22:03 UTC
• 25 Jan 2016 04:22:03 near epicenter
• 25 Jan 2016 04:22:03 standard time in your timezone
Location 35.741N 3.597W
Depth 10 km
Distances • 62 km (38 mi) NNE of Al Hoceima, Morocco
• 64 km (39 mi) NNE of Tirhanimine, Morocco
• 69 km (42 mi) NNE of Imzourene, Morocco
• 77 km (47 mi) NW of Melilla, Spain
• 164 km (101 mi) ESE of Gibraltar, Gibraltar
Location Uncertainty Horizontal: 7.1 km; Vertical 1.8 km
Parameters Nph = 94; Dmin = 248.2 km; Rmss = 1.36 seconds; Gp = 54°
Version =
Event ID us 10004gy9

Can't say I remember seeing previous activity there.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join