It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring abandoned buildings and locations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this youtuber yesterday after one of those weird youtube adventure rides and I found this interesting channel about a couple of guys with really nice HD cameras exploring old abandoned buildings. Some really old builds, and some as early as the early 2000's.

The camera quality is superb, and I think this is the first time I've seen a selfie stick utilized for something useful. So if any of you are interested in stuff like this, or would like to check it out I'll link a few of the videos I watched.

It seems like they try and create a spooky atmosphere with music and camera angles, but even if it seems like some of the stuff is set up, the overall aspect of their explorations are pretty cool and creepy.

Abandoned children's asylum

Abandoned Bank

Abandoned "Secret Temple" - Actually old night club

There are several other guys in his group who do their own POV's and their own explorations, I've mainly been watching Exploring with Josh myself. He is normally with Steve so they both have similar content.

Hope you guys like it, I find it to be pretty awesome seeing these old buildings just decaying naturally. Of course people have vandalized a lot of them, but it kind of adds to the scene.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Really cool! I'll keep watching the rest, but I have been along for the ride (so to speak) with a few friends who explored WW2 era ruins in Milwaukee. Like stepping in a time machine. Awesome stuff, thanks

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR

Really cool! I'll keep watching the rest, but I have been along for the ride (so to speak) with a few friends who explored WW2 era ruins in Milwaukee. Like stepping in a time machine. Awesome stuff, thanks

Nice. Some of these places seem pretty scary even for me. You never know what can happen... the roof could collapse, some crazy satan worshippers could kidnap you. Maybe ghosts or aliens could get you lol.

Here are a couple of other good ones with some pretty awesome stuff.

Abandoned Church

Abandoned Trolleys

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I really enjoy this kind of stuff, but not able to watch the videos right now. I'll be sure to check them out later!

Detroit has some people urban exploring opportunities. The Packard plant is pretty awesome. Surprisingly, some pretty sweet skate videos were shot there back in the day. I think within the last few years sometime shot a kickass snowboarding and snowmobiling video from inside it.

People come from all over the world, though it seems especially Germany and Poland for some reason, to explore the city and see it themselves.

The other big one was the old train station, but that's undergoing heavy renovations and we'll be reopening soonish. Plus Michael Bay has used it in almost all of his movies. The suburbs have some spooky old asylums too (Eloise in Inkster and the asylum in Northville). And the Silverdome in Pontiac, the former playing field of our NFL team, the Lions, is supposedly pretty cool to get inside of.

Check out Detroit Urbex for a lot of great info.
edit on 12/31/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing autocorrect error.

edit on 12/31/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing autocorrect error. Again.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Will have to check these out when I have time to watch - they sound interesting!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow, a lot of history in those old buildings. A shame that they were abandoned.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow, a lot of history in those old buildings. A shame that they were abandoned.

Yes, it's sad to see some of them in that condition. Later on in your journey of vids if you make it that far, the guy explains some histories on some of them, and some of them seemed like bad places to begin with.

I like the aspect of somebody bringing us images of "modern day ruins" so to speak. I find this topic to be very interesting. Its cool to try and imagine what it used to be like in those buildings. Its a good imagination exercise

edit on 12/31/2015 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Referred in Detroit here as "urban explorers"...theyve been exploring for years. Some of what theyve found wouldve been lost without their photos to document. Most of these explorations are illegal, and on private property..

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Referred in Detroit here as "urban explorers"...theyve been exploring for years. Some of what theyve found wouldve been lost without their photos to document. Most of these explorations are illegal, and on private property..

Yeah I kind of figured they were trespassing, but at least somebody else did it for us instead, and especially in HD

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I love old buildings the detail and architecture is unique.
I always hate seeing stories where they are going to raze an old building and replace it with a new modern cookie cutter building.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You guys might also enjoy this YouTube channel:

Exploring Abandoned Mines in CA, NV, and AZ

Amazing to see all the abandoned mines in the SW part of the US.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Pretty interesting find. I'll have to check this out when it's not midnight.

Just can't watch any abandoned children's asylum, that stuff breaks my heart. Once you're informed on the ways they used to treat 'insane' or 'challenged' children, it's not something I can bear to watch. Even looking at the buildings that housed them

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There is an abandon government building in the absalute middle of nowhere I found. Location undisclosed as it is my private spot about 8 hours away from home.

It is so quiet and I mean nobody living around for many miles.

I think it is from the early 1900s.

I metal detected and took lots of pictures. I could expand on it but I cant disclose it yet. Gold hunting thing you know.

new topics

top topics

join