It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to announce new executive action on guns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

And why not both?

That would be an awesome question for you to ask Obama.
Maybe his answer would give us some insight as to why he isn't at all concerned about the preventable deaths of nearly half a MILLION Americans every year.
He doesn't seem to care.
He hasn't even suggested that Congress act to stop this genocide.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sorry butcher, I'm on my phone but will be coming back to this thread when I'm able to more thoughtfully write out my replies.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
a reply to: Konduit

Who said guns were the problem though?

Insane people with guns are the real problem.

Apparently gun control laws don't help the problem either. But there are lots of people who focus more on the guns rather then the perpetrator.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What current law allows a person with a history of mental illness to legally buy a gun?

I love how people try to play this game.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Obama crying?

He's trolling the pro-2nd Amendment people.

It appears to be working...

Obama: 1

Gun people: 0

Voluntary compliance fuels the system, screw the system.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Destined to strike fear into gun toting citizens.
I personally agree with any new legislation that curbs deaths.
Background checks as a pre-requisite are so ridiculously logical and NEEDED.
I find it hard for anyone to disagree with such actions.
Any thoughts?

President Barack Obama is expected to announce in the coming days a new executive action with the goal of expanding background checks on gun sales, people familiar with White House planning said. Described as "imminent," the set of executive actions would fulfill a promise by the President to take further unilateral steps the White House says could help curb gun deaths.

edition.cnn.com...

I completely disagree.

I shouldn't need to ask the Government for permission to exercise my Constitutional rights. Also, how does one get on the background check 'list'?

Just NO.

ETA: I would add that the fact it doesn't concern people that important legislation is being created by the Executive Branch...thereby circumventing Congress. As long as my rights are being taken from me it doesn't appear to matter to the gun grabber crowd how they accomplish their goals.
edit on 2016/1/5 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
a reply to: butcherguy

Sorry butcher, I'm on my phone but will be coming back to this thread when I'm able to more thoughtfully write out my replies.

I must turn in for the night we can catch up later.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
News flash, half of liberals own guns.
No one in the government can solely throw out an amendment in the constitution
its fear mongering......

Ill say it again

" Voluntary compliance fuels the system, screw the system ".

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Boo...hoooo... nobody agrees with me. I'm going to take my executive action and go home. Why doesn't anybody believe me when I say most Americans support me? Boo..boo.

BS. Enforce the laws we have.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Obama...just like the rest of the democrats...are a bunch of babies....Trump would have none of that!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Its amazing that checks on people's mental health are not included in the proviso for buying a gun in today's world with not only lunatics but religious lunatics also in on the act or a gun for murder not self defence or hunting.

I watched Obama's tears on the tv on last night's news and I nearly threw up in my chair at this bloke's sheer hypocrisy. He has the audacity to pull the tears on the tv when he is instrumental in the killings in Syria - how many kids have been maimed, orphaned and killed out there through his foreign policy of demanding Assad go - no tears there though.

That man is a disgrace to humanity and the epitome of hypocrisy. He only wants guns taken away because they might one day be turned on him, his family and his sponsors etc by a furious American.

I suspect his buddy cam is watching to see if tears on tv gets you more kudos.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Actually, mental health history has been a part of the background check when you purchase a firearm in the US. If you've been adjudicated as mentally defective or involuntary committed to a mental institution, you're already prohibited from purchasing or owning a firearm. That's not to say that it works perfectly, but that law does indeed exist and its supposed to be cross referenced in the NICS database.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Im PRO Gun, However I do think that there should be something done. weapons have always been here, and is non functional until someone decides to turn it into a weapon. The crazy, lunatics that have been become emotionally numb, suffering from severe apathy, and a lack of care for how precious life really is, Now that is where the problem is. It all stems from the vast amounts of pharmaceuticals, and brain altering meds that are so over prescribed to young people and even adults its a criminal. Start to fix that problem along with, our society's problem with bullying, labeling, and just being a damn hard, and depressing place to live right now, and this will definetly help. it wont fix everything, but it would definetely help.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Please define as to what mental illnesses should be restricted from owning firearms.

Also, I believe deranged people, Progressives, should not have firearms. Does that fit your narrative?

And, who gets to define as to what is "deranged" to a point to remove people's rights. Or, who gets to identify what mental illness and what levels have their rights removed as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The Climate Change fanatics among governments have already started using terminology calling climate change deniers "mentally ill".

The seeds are being planted to label all kinds of strongly-opinionated folks psychologically questionable.

Why do you think they have started doing this?

We have a problem, folks. Backdoor tactics, Nudge Theory experts, and psychological warfare proponents have been laying the foundation for "fundamentally transforming" America into something unrecognizable. Stay vigilant and watchful.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join