It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to believe in Jesus Christ but now I don't.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi, you asked:

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: geezlouise ...I am curious if you went from believing to unbelieving as a result of other opinions or was it because of scripture ?

And I answered in the above post, explaining:

originally posted by: geezlouise ...it was the day that I realized I had been denying entire parts of my own reality that the foundation of my entire existence began to crack. When you catch yourself lying to yourself so securely that you only find out by accident…… you have no choice but to question everything that you ever thought you knew.

And basically that’s the gist of it.

So, neither opinion or scripture. Rather, a series of eye-opening experiences.
edit on 6-1-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
Hi, you asked:

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: geezlouise ...I am curious if you went from believing to unbelieving as a result of other opinions or was it because of scripture ?

And I answered in the above post, explaining:

originally posted by: geezlouise ...it was the day that I realized I had been denying entire parts of my own reality that the foundation of my entire existence began to crack. When you catch yourself lying to yourself so securely that you only find out by accident…… you have no choice but to question everything that you ever thought you knew.

And basically that’s the gist of it.

So, neither opinion or scripture. Rather, a series of eye-opening experiences.

Forget scripture; how is your enlightenment going; as your progression furthers your EGO/sans personality/ME is furthering your spiritual growth?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hombre
Jesus Christ is a Brother, who came here in this world, to teach us that death, sickness, poverty and other similar (negative beliefs) does not exist.
They aren't God made and as such they do not exists at all.

By Brother you mean Big Brother don't you? Those teachings mean "ignore the evidence, believe me instead!"

By WHO, and WHY such insults to LIFE were EVER allowed to happen?
edit on 16201617pmk2016 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: yosako

I dont know what you meant with Big Brother. What i meant with Brother is a Lifeforce,which is same in everyone of us.
Which is capable of creating realities and well which probably trapped itself in a belief, that it is a body.
So how can you untrap such beeing, when you account that whatever it do believe, is ?

The evidence to what ? to so called bad things ?
What is, in your oppinion, the alternative ? to remain the same and to witness the bad instead of happiness ?
if you consider the point 1. and consider that God could not have willed pain or attrapment to his son, what do you suggest to do instead ?

Of which insults are you talking about ?

And i do see only good things in forgiveness.
Its better than the alternative, in not forgiving, and doing the things which one has as alternative to forgivenes.
which, if you follow these thougsts, are leading to destruction.

Forgiveness, if you dare to forgive and overlook, will show you another world, another set of possibilities,
which you can see if you have an open mind and do not listen to the ego.
edit on 8/1/2016 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You do still believe in him, its just in a different way..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
All Jesus ever was or wanted to be was a signpost showing us the way. The way is love. I'm not a Christian, neither was Jesus.

Jesus wasn't pointing the way, Jesus said He was the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join