It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to believe in Jesus Christ but now I don't.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

omg LOL!

But the general message is so right... lol.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I apologize zazzafraz, I didn't read every single post. I did review and see some that were preaching.
I just shared my experience. But I can't answer for everyone else. I don't think it's offensive for people to preach to others, as long as it's done in love, with the right heart.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shinethelight

no worries, I wasn't singling one poster out didn't find it offensive either if people were preaching.
I just wanted people to ask themselves the question "Do I care what her belief is for my sake or hers"

Some can ask themselves that question and answer honestly, most can't.

Anyway thanks of your reply.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
"I, too, sense the mystery of life in general and I'm not opposed to the idea of a god or a higher power at all. But I'm just now deciding, and declaring, that I'll never choose any one religion over another and be part of that ridiculous charade ever again. "

Wisdom requires constant questioning. Constant questioning puts you in the humble position of learning. It is the realisation that we know very little in the scheme of things. Only a small percentage of people come to the position of questioning. Most people follow blindly without questioning. Too scared to go against the grain.
There is One Truth. But most are unable to see it through the confusion of what appear to be many. When people come to the understanding that Gods real religion transcends the different traditions and labels we give it. People will become far more excepting of each others faiths. The religion is the teaching. It is not the custom. Or the dress. Or anything which appears on the surface. The teaching is found in all the main faiths. The teaching is also found in our hearts. The world faiths have different dress styles. Different customs. Different names for the supreme being and on the surface they all appear very different. And on a material/physical level they are.
The problem with the modern religious teachers in most houses is that they are unable to see that Gods religion does not belong to any one group. Gods teaching is there for all. They ignorantly (blindly) teach division. Claiming they have the right path and all the other houses are wrong. They claim to understand but they are a victim of the narrow box they have closed themselves in.

Here is a story to help you see.

" There were 6 villages'. 6 of the villages had a large water well, that the village people drank from. The people from each village would all claim that they had the sweetest water, in all the land. Little did they know, that it was the same under ground stream that fed water into all the wells. The villagers used to argue, bicker, fight and even murder each other, defending the belief they have about the sweetness of there water."

The villages represent the world religions today.

So, those feelings you had which made you come to a decision to leave were correct. Its Gods teaching which is important. it is wise to study all religions and come to your own conclusion. But not very wise to only look at one.

The following is a verse from "The Bhagavad Gita" Spoken by Lord Krishna.

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.

a reply to: geezlouise

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

ill try to reply as far as my knowledge about this topic goes:

You havent created yourself. You have Created an Image,which appears to be a body.
God is not in you, YOU are IN HIM. He is surrounding you and is giving you Life.

Now in a body you have this little unloving voice.
This little unloving voice is what you have made.
You have the power to create everything, same as your creator, because he created you same as himself.

Your Creator, our Father, Created the World by knowing that it is GOOD. Beeing eternal, it is always good,
because he does not change his mind about what he created.And it trully is good.

Our Father does not know of punishment, because he would never punish himself.
Our Father does not know about unloving things, because if he would know about it, he would made them real.
Our Father does not know about war, because War is the opposite of Peace which is of God.
Our Father doen not know about sickness, because he made you perfectly healthy.

Our Father does not believe in Sin, because that would make him powerless and unable to change what has never been.(unlike humans, he can access all the time in no time, and repair what was unloving.)

But you are listening to the unloving voice, because its reasoning seems so real.

(it is not a wonder, it tells you something, and then that appears to be true. you see it, then you believe it.
but what happens is this: he tells you a lie, you imagine it, and by imagining it you experience it.
and by experiencing it - you start to believe in it, making it even truer, for you.)

What we call reality, is only a movie.
It is a Dream of Time,which is wanting to be different than the past, but which is, actually, repeating itself, because it
has the need to survive.
Past is gone, the Future is not yet, and the only Time is , that there is, is Now.

What God does see is that you are Sleeping and everything that happens to you is only a Dream.
Its only a Matter of TIME when you will Awaken.
Time, if you see it properly, is only a Dream in which you choose
to be different than your Creator.

edit on 2/1/2016 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

We don't need religion to find God good luck and well done.
Oh and never listen to anyone else about what their version of god is or does or anything it is your own path don't trust others pushing their path on you.
edit on 2-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

i get what he is saying though. you cant have freedom of expression and freedom from being offended. either you want to have your cake or you want to eat it. cant do both. i remember a thread from lesmisanthrope on how people keep placing their capacity for being offended over everyone elses capacity for free speech. as though someones unwillingness to react maturely dictates my ability to effectively communicate as per my civil rights. there will always be loudmouths, and there will always be the proverbial saner heads. this applies to every side of the fence.

geezlouise...good luck, and remember - let it be your choice and no one elses.
edit on 2-1-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I'm someone who fully believes in free speech. I think it should always be allowed without restriction. At the same time whatever is said is also open for being challenged so that freedom works both ways.

I personally believe that one should at least attempt to be honest though too. Freedom of speech also allows for the freedom to spread lies. This makes for an unfortunate side effect but it's unavoidable. To combat that all you can do is challenge the lies being told and hope everyone is smart enough to figure out which side is right.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hombre

but what happens is this: he tells you a lie, you imagine it, and by imagining it you experience it.
and by experiencing it - you start to believe in it, making it even truer, for you.

I get it and oh god,
sometimes I wish I didn't.

I'm definitely not appreciative for some of the things that I know.

I think there's a false widespread psychological misunderstanding about how great suffering always comes before enlightenment, or how what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or how it gets darkest before dawn and etc.etc.etc. It is so wrong and toxic, mainly because it is so misunderstood.

There's a difference between struggling to make something better, and then struggling for NO GOOD REASON. Two examples of what I'm trying to say might be an artist destroying something they created out of anger and dissatisfaction and starting over again to make it better(this can be a really painful process, but can be extremely rewarding as well)- or a little child being beat up, wars that make no sense, and etc. Each know suffering, but clearly, some of it isn't so rewarding... And I for one will never, ever be thankful for the things that I know due to unnecessary evils. Never will I say, "It was a blessing in disguise!" Never will I say, "It lead to great revelations!" in a sly tolerance of those evils. Because the unnecessary evils that I have endured took my health, literally. It still hurts me, endlessly. I am not stronger because of it and nothing positive came from it and it must be stopped and prevented from happening again, and we must do everything we can to change the environment to make it harder for these things to take place.

Anyway dang that escalated quickly and I just got real bossy, lol! I don't know how I arrived here from your post but something about it lead me here. But in a way, yes, it's all a struggle to make our dreams come true, it's just... yeah, some people have a taste for the nightmarish and try to lock you into theirs. The struggle is real, lol.

Thank you everyone for the support and the love!

and I love you zazzafrazz!
edit on 2-1-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shinethelight

The fact remains that NONE of what you experienced has any REAL connection with "Church".

It is incredible how much the human mind wants to be around groups of people they believe that want the same things as them, and that validates everything.

It smooths over and glosses over truth, and makes half truths good enough.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Dear Murgatroid...

All of those things you listed earlier, you need to try for yourself, only delete everything you are/were told about everything.

Start fresh, you will blow your mind once it is freed from the shackles that invisibly guide your imagination.

Do you not realize how this all works yet ???

The narrative is in control, you do not even KNOW what could possibly happen but I know, you are afraid to find out.

I was not, and I did so, and I tell you now, everything you believe is barely true, at the best of times, I want you to find out why, and WHO is behind it, so that you can help to FREE US, from the Everlasting Lostness, that reigns supreme over EVERYTHING.

Imagine yourself as strong as you wish to be, this is what is not allowed here....this is changing even now, I stand READY to destroy anything that holds us back, at any moment we will unleash such a force upon all the LIES will not be able to hide anywhere,

It is hard, for my parents are Christians, and many others I know also, they mean well, but they will likely be swept away, as they are as lost and helpless in REALITY as every other group.

Your beliefs, they are going to be challenged so hard, so strongly that NOTHING will save them, they will be rooted out from ALL of Creation and deleted so they can never return!!!

Core Beliefs, Gut Feelings, the PARASITES EVOLVED.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

some people have a taste for the nightmarish and try to lock you into theirs. The struggle is real, lol. 

That's true. They have painful beliefs and don't want to suffer alone so they want everyone to believe in their negative beliefs; about an angry god who demands a human sacrifice to forgive humanity for not pleasing him enough, about a god who demands all to submit to him as slaves, about gods of aggression... so many painful beliefs.

The alternative is to Walk In Love, Be Happy, and hopefully they'll let their painful beliefs go so that they can reconnect with the Joyful Love of The Heart and allow themselves to let go of the stress of those beliefs and be happy.

The ones who are really aggressive and angry and try the hardest to get you to believe that doom and suffering is coming are usually the ones who are in the most fear themselves.

Stay strong in Joy and Love,

Peace
edit on 2-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

i stopped believing in Jesus about 12 years ago. I started reading and learning about astrotheology.

I've come to realize that Jesus is just a metaphor for the Sun.

A long time ago the ancient people believed no one could own the sun. They called it Gods Sun because no one could possibly own it, therefor it belonged to God.

They also knew that without the Sun life on earth would not be possible. So they said Gods Sun gives us life. Which eventually turned into Gods son gave his life for us.

This is why they call Jesus,

the bringer of light, the light of the world, the risen savior (because the sun rises and saves us everyday from darkness)

This is also why they say Jesus walks on water. Because if your looking at the sun set everyday from the horizon, it moves 1 degree either north or south depending on which season you are in, it appears to walk across the water each year.

This is also why they say Jesus died and resurrected from the dead. Every year on the winter solstice the sun stops moving on the horizon. It rises in the same exact location for those three days, until it starts its journey back to summer time. This is why they say he died for three days and rose again into heaven. Heaven is considered summer, and winter is considered hell. (this is because back then it was very hard making it through a long cold winter, summer was easy compared)

This is also why we celebrate Jesus' resurrection in spring. It is the mid point between winter and summer when everything comes back to life.

Furthermore the name Jes in latin means Sun.
The name Mare in latin means sea (why people say the virgin Mary) Its the virgin Mare or virgin sea.

Also why Jesus had 12 disciples, these are the 12 signs of the zodiac that the sun travels through a year.

Judas kisses Jesus before betraying him. This is the constellation scorpio, which is a scorpion, which marks you with the kiss of death.

The four gospels are the four different seasons.

These are just a couple of examples, of why i think Jesus is only a metaphor for the sun and was never actually a human being.

Judiasm is the same story, different symbols. You have abraham and the 12 tribes of Israel. Islam same thing again.

All monotheistic religions started as Sun worship and turned into ancient metaphors which people blindly believe today.

If any of this interests you, please watch Santos Bonacci. He explains this ancient science better than anyone I've come across.

edit on 3-1-2016 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2016 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What if, "Hell" is wrong and false, BUT Jesus is real and truth would that effect your perspective ?
Just reading one of your posts I think in another thread you said you had a vivid imagination about Hell and that effected your whole perspective on most things. You might find this thread interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Nah, I was just using hell as an example for how having a good imagination makes someone vulnerable to brainwashing/mind control stuff. The better you can imagine it(ANYTHING, not just hell), the more real it feels, and voila! You're trapped/convinced/you believe in it with all of your heart and nothing can tell you any different. But yeah. I know about all that firsthand too... obviously.

Not much in your thread is new to me, tbh.
I gotta say thank you but no thank you.
I'm done with it all, and I'm not sorry to say it!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
All i can tell you, there are 2 realities, which can be switched.
One of which i am used to, and one in which miracles happens.

It is as easy ,to switch to the other, as is the relaxing on the beach and having that (head/ear)voice silenced and quiet.

(actually if you manage to maintain that relaxed state all over your day ... )

ok about destruction:

I dare you to look on and to search for, the who or what is satisfied by destruction or punishment.

Neither destruction nor punishment are from God, so please find for yourself the REASONS why there is satisfaction in doing it.

Blame, guilt and shame (and similar destructive thoughts and feelings) shall be given to God for healing, so whatever you find out, give it to God.
That is the proper meaning of the saying "vengeance is mine, said the Lord"

God is not angry or vengefull. He can set everything right, just let him. infact, nothing is broken.

Love and light to everyone.

edit on 4/1/2016 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Welcome to the club, so to speak.

A lot of us "grew up" and realized that it was time to shed the beliefs and dogma perpetuated by millennia-old religions. I'm not saying that those who still believe haven't grown up, I just think that some of us, as we experience the world differently than others do, have a 'Eureka moment' and realize that most, if not everything that we were taught in reference to religious beliefs was either wrong, or at the very least, highly improbably.

Again, not demeaning those who still believe as 'seasoned adults,' but if they can concede that religion and god is a personal relationship, they should also be able to accept that some of us may have been introduced as kids and teenagers and young adults, but finally realized that we never actually met the guy...and that there may probably not be anything there at all. Kind of like ringing the doorbell and running...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: vethumanbeing

vhb: does not need to create me to define itself

donktheclown: Defining and experiencing are two different things.

The Absolute (cosmos) does create as it does not want to return to unconsciousness. It has properties of mind, motion, will. I am a product of its cosmic mind or will; through constant motion to recreate itself through its imaginings. The problem is this; its creations do not acknowledge its existence (not a god at all). We are not a particle devised from Itself; but are individualized (me's) separate from the whole yet still part of Itself as its creative mind allows under the 7 rules of law.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Jesus Christ is a Brother, who came here in this world, to teach us that death, sickness, poverty and other similar (negative beliefs) does not exist.
They aren't God made and as such they do not exists at all.

He saw the Truth in every brother, the holines behind their egos, and by giving everything to everyone, he recognized that the world he saw, was not done to him, but was done from him.

His Ressurection aknowledged that our Father, the Holy one would never do to humans what we think we are doing.
With his Faith in his brothers, he overcame death, and is now in a charge of a proccess called Atonement.

Only because anyone of us says that he has never met or seen him, is misunderstood, because everyone of us have seen him,
we just haven't recognized him, yet.

Judgement in this world is maybe usefull (for the Ego), but it denies the holy Vision, which everyone of us should attain.
When you recognize the holiness in every brother you met, you will recognize your holiness.

Because the world is done by you, and you misstook yourself with a body, you need to see every brother ,
as holy as God really is.
But as long as you Judge, you wont be able to do this.

This is where i am struggling atm. Its not that i dont believe in this, its because i do not know the difference.
I hope to get it soon and i am thankfull for every help which leads me nearer to the Recognition of God.

Love and Light to you.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

the OP stated she is an unbeliever now, so asking why believers feel the need to preach to her for their own sake or her was a genuine question.
My only post in this thread was not long and didnt have any preaching in it but did ask the op a question ?...I did have two thoughts that may have allowed me to interact with op but op has not answered my simple question . Piling on many words is not the way to the truth but getting to the core of the op is a simple step imo . op says they believed and now they don't . To me the question is what caused the op to not believe now what they claimed they have in the past .

Maybe op never really believed and that would make this thread moot . Pretending to believe and believing are two different things . To get to the truth ,I think we de-construct from a point in the present of none belief back to another time of none belief . The truth obviously lies between the two data points . still waiting for op to answer :>)
edit on 6-1-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join