It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green orb sighting in California. Thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If I see an unknown sized object fly from the horizon and over my head about 200 feet above me...I''ll know that that object is about 200 feet above my head, not 2,000 --- And I'll roughly determine the size of the object by comparisons of my own former visual observations of low-level fighter jet flyovers, and passenger jet takeoffs/landings at similar altitudes.

Such an instance might not be verifiable for you, but it is verifiable enough for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86
How will you know it is 200 feet above you? And a reminder, we are talking about a light in the sky.
edit on 12/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
How will you know it is 200 feet above you? And a reminder, we are talking about a light in the sky.

From the angle of the horizon...from whence it came.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The "angle of the horizon" is 0º. When a jet plane becomes visible above the horizon it is at the same angle above the horizon as the ISS, Venus, or a ship on the sea when they become visible above the horizon. Each is at a different altitude. Angle of elevation above the horizon provides no information about altitude, unless you know how far away the object is.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhageI

It's like the time I had my own Foo Fighter nighttime sighting in 1976 --- When I saw the bluish-white object approach above the low-thin cloud cover from the eastern horizon to over our heads. I know it had to be at least 2 thousand feet in altitude because of the low thin cloud cover. The rectangular unknown light was as big as passenger jet airliner at roughly 3,000 feet in altitude. Anything higher would make it a much larger object. The speed of the object was like a bat out of hell, and I roughly estimated the speed of the object at 15,000 mph. Since other similar Foo Fighter's have been radar clocked going at 15,000 mph. So I figured the object was going that fast from the direction of Washington D.C. --- heading west.

One minute later...the Foo Fighter appeared before us just below the low-thin cloud cover, making a slow perpendicular descent to Earth [30 mph?]. The fiery red-orange ball of fusion plasma [with no fiery tail] [roughly 500+ in diameter] lit the eastern horizon in front of us and the mountain valley below us before disappearing on the eastern side of the mountain range in front of us. I estimated the object being about 1 mile away from us as it appeared under the low thin cloud cover in front of us.

I can't verify or prove what I saw, because I never went back to search for the landing zone of the Foo Fighter. I'm just trying to give you some ball park estimates of the size, speed and altitude of the unknown light that I saw while we were travelling back to Baltimore, Maryland; from a survey construction stakeout expedition in West Virginia.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Interesting. I wonder what it could have been which you saw.

But the circumstances described here seem to be quite different.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

3,000 feet up and moving 15,000 miles per hour? That must've been one hell of a sonic boom.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The "angle of the horizon" is 0º. When a jet plane becomes visible above the horizon it is at the same angle above the horizon as the ISS, Venus, or a ship on the sea when they become visible above the horizon. Each is at a different altitude. Angle of elevation above the horizon provides no information about altitude, unless you know how far away the object is.

If a jet fighter is flying at tree top level you'll never see it until it is almost over your head --- but if it is much higher in altitude --- you'll see it much further away because the jet is higher in altitude --- Taking the forest canopy or a mountain range into consideration.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

3,000 feet up and moving 15,000 miles per hour? That must've been one hell of a sonic boom.

No sound at all...even though we were travelling down a divided highway, about 60 mph in a full windowed Ford Van

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

If a jet fighter is flying at tree top level you'll never see it until it is almost over your head --- but if it is much higher in altitude --- you'll see it much further away because the jet is higher in altitude
Yes. But if you can see the horizon will see the jet as soon as it appears above it.

If there are trees in the way you will not see the jet, ISS, Venus or a ship when it breaks the horizon. No matter how high above the ground it is, or how far away it is.

Elevation above the horizon does not tell you the distance or altitude of an object. Nor size for that matter.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

No sound at all...even though we were travelling down a divided highway, about 60 mph in a full windowed Ford Van

I'd say that's a pretty damn good indication then, that nothing flew 3,000 feet over your head doing almost mach 20.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Is green the rarest color for a UFO orb? I myself have witnessed a green UFO orb of unknown origin, it was hovering in the sky above some buildings for about 30 seconds then it descended and some building covered the view. Saw it twice since it returned 2 months later around the same spot. a reply to: ufoorbhunter

edit on 31-12-2015 by MDT20 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2015 by MDT20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Yeah. Being in a moving vehicle can sort of distort things. Relative motion can be tricky.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

i've seen one once.

I've seen an orange one, and that sucker was moving at a high speed.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Holy crap, that noise is enough to eff up your DNA.....

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MDT20

A series of very specific arbitrary guesses of size, speed, and altitude.

And an unsolicited Adamski history lesson.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Did they resemble this?

forward to 33 minutes.

I love this movie, a cult classic!

I have seen lights however, years ago along with a few dozen other people around town at twilight for about 4 hrs spinning around erratically then stopping shooting forwards and then doing it all over again. Pretty wild to watch.. People were calling up the radio station asking what it was.
edit on 1/1/2016 by awareness10 because: Aliens made me do it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

I'd say that's a pretty damn good indication then, that nothing flew 3,000 feet over your head doing almost mach 20.

Is that so...

Well...I can tell you as a fact: That plasma shrouded aerial craft simply absorbs hypersonic sound waves ---- Hence --- No sonic boom created by such a craft going at any Mach speed.

edit on 1-1-2016 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 1-1-2016 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Also, since its supposedly from a superior technology one we still haven't discovered (unless the green UFO orb is human in origin) I am not too surprised that there's no sonic boom. a reply to: Erno86

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

edit on 1-1-2016 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join