It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Huge fire in Dubai hotel skyscraper

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Enough with the off topic posts. Stick to the thread topic.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We have seen it before where the outside cladding is made of combustible material, Russia have had a few fires like that.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

UAE Civil Defence officials said there were no casualties resulting from the blaze and New Year's celebrations would continue as normal, the Reuters news agency reported.

Source

No victims at the moment.

Seems like the celebrations will continue despite the incident.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Weird that it started on the 20th floor but seems to have gone downward as well as upward. One would think it would mainly just go upward.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Syllar

I think I seems a little irresponsible to continue with their big flashy fireworks display when they have a raging inferno in the middle with almost a million people watching.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That's one helluva combustible building. I thought new building regulations were supposed to prevent stuff like this happening. Dont they have a sprinkler system. ?

Someones for the Chop.

edit on 31-12-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Syllar

I think I seems a little irresponsible to continue with their big flashy fireworks display when they have a raging inferno in the middle with almost a million people watching.

Was thinking the same myself... Didn't know how put it best to be honest.

I guess they want to finish the year in a higher note than this...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Distraction...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Not even a page in and this thread goes from a fire in Dubai to another 9/11 debate. Seriously guys can we try to stay on topic for a few pages.
Well, if this building DOESN'T "collapse" in it's own footprint, one can make the assumption that fire DOESN'T melt steel, like we were told on 911. Only a fool could believe the whimsical fairytale the Bush administration pushed as "truth".

If Bill Cosby can be charged with crimes he did more than a decade ago, then the same rules should apply to those that were responsible for keeping America "safe". It gives cause to re-open the investigations of 911.

It's not "coincidence" this high rise hotel is on fire, on New Year's Eve.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Live stream

Hopefully everyone got out.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I wonder how long until it collapses?

like every other building that was on fire.......... on Sept 11th 2001

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
looks more like the fire is more on the outside of the building just by the way it spread both up AND down so quickly.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Why can it not be a coincidence? it could happen any time of year and more so due to fireworks.
Why is this a conspiracy already?....
Hope everyone gets out and no loss of life.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
For those asking which hotel this is:

The Address Downtown Dubai

Unfortunately it seems that while this terrible incident is going on some moron has taken the opportunity to vandalize their wikipedia page and make a joke out of the fire. I'm not going to dignify it by pasting it here and hopefully an editor will remove it.

Watching this unfold on CNN and seeing the flames engulfing a massive hotel and who knows how many people inside on New Years Eve... to joke about that is pretty vile.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatcoat

Yeah the reports I am watching where saying 20 floors could be on fire with fires possibly spreading to other buildings.

They have also said no casualties so far which is good news so far

its ok buildings over there are far away from each other so no worrys

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Most sprinkler systems are control mode.

They are there to help contain the fire in one area. The firefighters are the ones that usually put out the fire.

And this is assuming the building has a sprinkler system. We don't know what the building codes in Dubai are like. If they even enforce having a sprinkler system.

That's a shame.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
According to Sky News the evacuation is going well, so how long till the building drops?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums SOMEONE wants the world to know the truth. In my opinion. This opens a big can of worms, on the biggest day of the year.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
looks more like the fire is more on the outside of the building just by the way it spread both up AND down so quickly.

I believe that it was caused by fire works attached to the building some faulty in electricity

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: redchad

Please, can we NOT bring 9/11 into this conversation about a current building fire, 1/2 a world away?

We still do not now if it is external only or internal along all the floors involved. I saw a side shot in the live feed showing the pillar of smoke being blown to the side of the building while fires raged at the base and on various floors up the side.

God to hear the evac is going as planned. Yet, they still want to hold the fireworks display. Isn't this enough of a global display without fireworks too?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join