It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS new years resolutions. Do you have any?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ahhh, I'm still at work reading about all of your (mostly awful) beverages and just recalled the bottle I recently dug up after forgetting about. In order at the stroke of midnight: Wife kiss > piece of herring for prosperity > finish with straight shot of 120 proof Absinthe.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL!!!

Yeah - under my jeans, and long-johns, and socks with long-johns tucked in, and my Chuck Taylor fleece-lined boots, and poncho and hoodie and long-john shirt, and cami under that....

I guess i'm nekkid.

Dude - it's like, COLD here!!!!
Hey, fix me one of those Negronis, would ya?

edit on 12/31/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

New ATS resolution - never tell members how I'm dressed.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

piece of herring for prosperity

Ewew!!! EW!!!

Like this stuff????

Ew......
oh HELL no.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It's in the 50's here. I gonna go outside now and have a pre-party cigar and another cocktail.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: beansidhe

I thought that was what the fun of ATS was all about - no one can see what I'm wearing when I post threads/comments

it's been working out pretty well for me so far

How can I ever read a thread of yours again? Without.....the image.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

In the last month, more specifically, in the last week, i had what would best be described as a serious wake up call.

I feel like ive woken from an 8 year stupor. A state where i was not completely "myself". I dont know how or why, but i would think, feel and say things that were off at times; i didnt feel like i was fully autonomous.

I was plagued for years by precognitive dreams, constant coincidences, visions, encounters, "synchronicity", paranormal activity, a whole smattering of mind bending, traumatic stuff.

However, in the last month, i lost someone i thought i was meant to be with. That triggered something in me. I looked back at some things from my past 8 years and didnt recognize myself.

A lot of people i have known over the last 8 years feel alienated or have removed me from their circles completely, thinking i am/was a complete nut case. Looking back, i can see why they thought this of me, however, i still think a lot of those people are inconsiderate, fearful, ignorant, unempathetic, predatory ninnies.

I could speculate as to the cause of my 8 year dissociation, but my new found (or should i say old) self sees no point in speculating about my past. Whats done is done. I lost years of potential, i lost reputation, lost respect. I lost a hell of a lot, and at the end of this year i have next to nothing except parents who are about the most generous and kind people i know, and a handful of friends that helped me ride through my proverbial Hell.

I'm just happy to be alive.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Hi.

Read your story. I had a spell like that - during my 40s. Like I went totally insane. Got mixed up in a bunch of
out-of-character, risky, reckless behaviors (nothing illegal, just really surprising).

It ended about 10 years ago.

I think it was mid-life crisis - totally off the rails, aware of it but still doing it.... Scary stuff, that.

You don't say how old you are, but it's not different from adolescence....
...hormonal crazy stuff.

Then I went through "the change"....I'm better now.

Happy New Year with your long-lost "self"!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Finish my CCIE Collaboration before Cisco Live in July
Take a couple of weeks off to let my brain decompress.
Listen to some good music

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Actually.... I was hoping AugustusMasonicus would share his camera feed.

No resolutions, just hoping the next year doesn't suck as bad as this one.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I'll drink to that!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Howdy everyone, I haven't posted much in few years. 2015 has been the worst-best year of my life. I lost my best friend in January and my mom to cancer in April. In March I started a weekend radio show on Revolution Radio called the "Independent Voter Radio Show" in March and a daily morning show in July, "Revolution in the Morning" that had 1.3 million this morning! Just mind boggling to me where we can go in a few years. I promised last year to step up my activity against the 2-party system when challenged by a troll on Google+. I promise to lead by action this year.... Mitchell Bupp

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
change of mood status right now:

Comfortably Numb.

Also:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Happy New Years

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

AbFab, baby! AbFab!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Sometimes I mistakenly walk into a room on the internet I don't know. Once my eyes adjust to the dark, I realize I am in a bar filled with chatty twitter type patrons oops… I don't drink and the people are all wearing the same hat.

My bad, exits back out the front door and brushers dust from shoes.

Have a merry happy happy…

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't tweet, and I don't "FB".

Sorry you are so scared. Shake the dirt off, or don't.
But at the very least, try breathing.
Long inhale while you count one-two-three-four. Hold for the equivalent count of four. Exhale for the same count of four ......and then hold for the one-two-three-four count.

It works.
It's called "square breathing"....if you focus on your breathing, you'll stay grounded.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I don't tweet, and I don't "FB".

Ok, I'm on ATS version, then.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If you insist on having a crap new year's eve, there's nothing any of us can do about it.

My audition is over.
Thanks for playing.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I think it was mid-life crisis - totally off the rails, aware of it but still doing it.... Scary stuff, that.

I mean to say:

It was a full-blown midlife crisis - totally off the rails.....and at the time, I was aware of it happening objectively....but did it anyway.

I'm not, definitely NOT "still doing it." as in doing it now......

Nono.

I'm past that now, thankfully.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Here's a site with updated global celebration vids and pics.......

so far, I'd say Sydney is the best......

+++ New Year around the world - live updates +++

Be safe everyone....thinking of you all, my ATS family, as the Earth revolves into a new year. (Not devolves, nor evolves.....just revolves.)

Actually, I have just changed my Drunken mind. London stole it today!!

BIG time, especially playing Bowie & Quo.

edit on 31/12/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join