It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 2016 and i'm angry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
For many of us, it is already 2016 so Happy New year to you all.

So just like the fireworks I'm going to enter this years with a bang and a rant.

America, you could be choosing between a clown and a liar to run your nation. Don't believe for a second that they are the only choice, it is you that will choose and if you choose wrong then you will know soon enough. And you extremists out there, our eyes are now open to your cowardly recruitment methods and we will not stand for it. And as for those slimy sneaky schemers who dare to manipulate the markets-we are onto you and we will find you.

We don't need faceless men hiding behind Guy Fawkes masks anymore because they are pretending to be one of us. We don't need celebrities who pretend to care. We just need people. This needs to be the year of the people because we need to act in the best interests of our species, we can't sleep in for five more minutes because one day we will wake up in a world not worth living in. Forget your resolutions, try to make the world a better place any way you can and if we all did that then who knows-maybe 2016 could be the year that makes our breaks us and I hope it's the former.

In twelve months from now I want to be able to say that this was a good year. Let's not let each other down.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Lol I live in Ohio U.S.A
And we dont vote our president in the electorial college does and its a messed up system they run .
And all voting is electronic so you can hack it lol .
You need to spend 100 million dollars to get a job that pays a little more than four hundred thousand
that dont make ant sense. Its all satan man ..........yeah thats it satan

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Then look Satan in the eyes and punch him in the nose-Or don't vote for him-or even better irk him buy tossing a coin to a homeless person. FOX would hate that.

'What's this-a good news story? we can't have that.' the more good done the more people will take notice and it soon enough everyone will see the good will snowball.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

My wife knows how i am lol .............hell how we all are conspiracy people all that jazz.
So she made me a scrap book of good news stories cut out of the paper and there is a song called we are winning.
www.youtube.com...

Its a great good news song by the flobots.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As I said in another thread, we don't need resolutions - we need revolution. And not violent but spiritual and intellectual. The only way to change the world is by changing ourselves.

Henry David Thoreau once said:

...In the long run you hit only what you aim at. Therefore, though you should fail immediately, you had better aim at something high.

We have to stop appealing to the lowest common denominator. We have to think big. We have to look to the future. We have to start with ourselves. Do good everyday. Try. Try to be better today than we were yesterday. If we fail, try again. Pick a partner to share our success and to hold us accountable. A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. If you fall down, stand up again and take another step.

I'd throw in more cliches but you get the gist...we have to try, dammit! And trying means doing, taking action. NOW.

Politicians aren't going to do it for us. Corporations aren't going to do it for us. Strangers won't either. You can't count on anyone to change your flat or even the toilet paper roll in your bathroom. Why are we willing to wait around passively for someone to change the system?

It's a big job and ALL big jobs start with someone just forging in and getting to work. That's us. WE have to do it.
edit on 12/31/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Exposing the lies and lifting the veil on propaganda, real americans are angry about our governments military actions abroad.

We think we own the place and can do anything we want. That isn't getting better, its getting worse. Next to political drama and hi financial misdeed, the US is waging endless, aggressive war for unjust reasons.

Next to war, all other achievements of mankind shrink to insignificance. --George S. Patton (paraphrased)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I know i'm asking a lot but I want little if that makes any sense.

Being a philanthropist is no competition despite those holier than thous (i'm looking at you Geldof.) it's the little things-tip a dollar more than you usually would, give a busker a dollar or two, a little can go a long way. I f we all gave a pittance then imagine how better we would feel for doing the right thing and that could provoke others into following suit.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am angry too.
Let's go break stuff and scream at people.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The whole political mess is so convoluted and steeped in BS it is hard for me to take any of it seriously. Listen, change begins within and it takes many people to change a societal norm. All any of us can do is our own part. I think spiritual beliefs are where we can do the most good for ourselves. Keeping a positive attitude and showing love for each other is better than hatred and anger, but that is just me. Happy New Year! Maybe Cake Is A Truth?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I read in the paper today that the rhetoric coming out of the Clinton and Trump camps has gone into the realm of sexual politics. It is becoming more like a daytime soap opera.

2016 looks like more of the same for US citizens.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Change the system. Lead by examples.

A dream.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I have always given to those who seem to need it. I will continue doing so in 2016.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Maybe. But worth trying. How can we expect politicians or civic leaders to do something we are not ready to do ourselves?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You could put Lady Gaga in charge of the US and it wouldn't matter.The people who pull the strings are hidden behind the curtain.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Your thread basically whinged and offered zero solutions.
If it is 2016 where you live why do you care about USA?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"A clown and a liar"?

I assume you're referring to Trump and Clinton. Sanders on the other hand is the voice of reason.

We cannot judge someone on what we believe they may or may not do, but rather by what they've done. Trump and Clinton have a sh1t streak a mile long. Sanders has the benefit of the doubt, and until he proves otherwise I think it's in your country's best interest to give him the full support he deserves. Or you can choose between a billionaire and a billionaire wannabe.

new topics

top topics

join