It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you ever live in Europe? or retire there????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh darn it I was attempting to show I like at least one Usaers lady and I forget she is an aussie lol.
When I had my pub in London I was proud I got around twenty young USA nurses all over here to study alcoholism drinking pints in my pub at the age of 19.
Only had two coffee cups so I made me all drink like a native brit.
I do find it odd that in the states folk think you are a boozer if you like a pint for breakfast.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Way too much of the U.S. that I haven't seen, yet.

That's how I feel. If I could, I would travel 2 weeks a year to other countries. 3 weeks in the US. 10 months in my state. Math is off, remainder camping. The US is amazing.

Hop in a truck, go from a day at the beach to star gazing in the mountains in 2 hours.
edit on 3120151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Shut up Domo

edit on 3120151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It's the thought that counts...

You've earned a break, after all, you Brits took Madonna off our hands. Fake British accent and all.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I know a bloke who saw her in an East end pub with her ex and when she left loads a lads sniffed her seat and said it wasn't nice.
If you can keep morgan we will keep maddonna.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: heffo7
I hear ya! We don't have any of that old architecture, art and culture here in Australia either.

Not to mention something even more basic.
I once overheard some Australians on a train; "It's so green! Even in summer!"

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I can't see much pull for an American/Australian.

Unless you settle in the fairly small anglophone area of the British Isles/Gibraltar, you're going to struggle with the language.

It's what puts me off, otherwise I'd be in Switzerland.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

If I can learn French, sort of... Anyone can. Total immersion works remarkably well, even at my age.

I think you'd be surprised at how many Europeans speak English. Probably better than many native speakers. Never mind me, it appears your British, so you know how many probably do...

Though you haven't lived 'til you hear a Russian who learned his English from a Texan... Oh, my... The mix of accents is amazing.
edit on 12/31/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If that's the price for you keeping her, I suppose we'll just have to deal with it...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I have a Polish friend who learned to speak English in rural Scotland, his accent is unusual to say the least.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The deal's off, he appears to have come back. He's working on a British breakfast show, anyway.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Trying to envision that, and failing spectacularly...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Oh, God, no!! Please, let this be a nightmare... I'll wake up, and she'll still be a fake Brit.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

It's always been my ambition to to do an east to west coast drive in the USA. I have always loved my trips there, but would love to spend longer. I did the Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite and Las Vegas as a young teen with my dad, but would love to do it again in my own time. From sea to shining sea

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

And socks with sandals. You know...the ones that come all the way up to your knees.

ETA - No, I wouldn't retire to the EU. Or anywhere else for that matter. I've seen a fair bit of our country and we have beauty and majesty second to none. We have mountains, beaches, forests, big cities and open land that stretches for as far as the eye can see. You can isolate yourself and be the only person for 100 miles or stand in the middle of Times Square, surrounded by millions. Why would I want to leave that?
edit on 31-12-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The only reason I would contemplate not staying in the United States is that my family still has a good amount of land in Italy which is arable and would make a great vineyard or olive orchard. Since I am a first generation citizen I was also able to get an Italian passport which would make moving there very simple.

I like the culture and the people but it is still close to like living in the United States with the ease in which you can travel, get products and experience tremendous diversity.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Must admit my time as a young chap in Italy goat herding was the best few months of my life.
I would be a right fatty though..The food
. or the Netherlands for obvious reasons one being they treat us brits like kings.
edit on 31-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

If you ever get round to it mate I might just join you.

Would love to do the same, avoid the obvious touristy bits and see 'the real America'.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Must admit my time as a young chap in Italy goat herding was the best few months of my life.
I would be a right fatty though..The food

Yeah, if you are not careful and do not get enough activity you will be a fat bastard in about two weeks.

When we were there over the summer we had to hike every day and do some other physical activities, good thing we were both in shape when we left. One of the reasons I scheduled Florence and Rome last was so that we could walk both cities and burn off all the truffle pasta and wild boar we consumed.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It's always been my ambition to to do an east to west coast drive in the USA.

Before my best friend and I both got married we would take two weeks off each summer and drive around the country watching baseball games at various stadiums (preferable when it was the Yankees). Our goal was to see all 30 parks, we ended up making 24 different cities and saw several of them twice when they built new facilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join