It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was anybody impressed by Star Wars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
(SPOILERS)

It had great special effects and was entertaining. However, the entire movie felt completely unorginal. Finding a new hero in the destert, the wacky alien bar, hon solo's ship, a new death star and the destruction of the new death star.

They also did the same plan to destroy the new death star! Going through a tight corridor to blow up stuff in the middle.

There was probably more references to the old movies that I can't remember.

Secondly, the new darth vader was completely unscary. Is this a story about a galactic empire, or a 20 something year old son with daddy issues?

I am just wondering what you guys think? I was super hyped for the new star wars but the constant throw backs to the orginal made the plot extremely lame for me.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I liked it. I mean compare it to the original and the Jesus story is played out.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't really like it. IMHO The first episodes are way much better than this one.

Must be new generations...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I saw it twice and I enjoyed it. It was a Star Wars film and that is exactly what I wanted as a fan of the series. I thought it was as good as Episodes IV and V.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I found it to be just a copy- completely unoriginal. The only original thought in the whole movie was the defecting storm trooper. The new villain (who we refer to now as "Darth Ben") is a whiney Emo kid and not frightening in any way, shape or form. I was totally unimpressed with the entire movie.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was sadly disappointed in it. Some of the acting seemed rather plastic as well. Nothing close to the first one.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It was ok. Seemed like a re-hash to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
As a Star Wars fan I can say with out a doubt I liked Empire Strikes Back much more than A New Hope...

Now why do I bring this up? Well I love all of the originals and tolerate the prequels. The Force Awakens is just another chapter in the Solo/Skywalker family story...it may not be the best but it was by far not the worst and was very entertaining and told another similar chapter as A New Hope but often families repeat patterns and stories too!

And as sci-fi goes it I would take it over most of the Star Trek movies!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Oh c'mon, Porkins (aka Re-Pork) lived!

edit on 30-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yes, it was a re-hash, a super Episode IV. But so what? Why does it have to be "original"? I think it had something for everyone, including older fans. The aging of the original stars was well done. Even the Princess did a good job, and they set up for the next one when Luke gets his turn. I think the "I am your father" bit was overdone, but just treat it as humor, a caricature of itself. Great action. The Falcon still flies, and great light sabers, too.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I did enjoy it, and liked it much more than any of the prequels. Sure they stapled a shiny over the old plot for the most part.

The biggest beef I had with it was of all the ways to kill off Han ... why have him attempt to talk down someone we know is going to be a villain for at least the next movie if not the next two? You automatically know that's doomed, so then to draw it out for dramatic effect is a fail. It's like, "Yeah, this is Han's swan song, so let's do it already and move on."

I could have done with a much more original and/or surprising way to do that. Think Wash from Serenity. Did anyone see that coming? Nope! And that's why it's still painful ... every time.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

However, the entire movie felt completely unorginal. Finding a new hero in the destert, the wacky alien bar, hon solo's ship, a new death star and the destruction of the new death star.

It was just setting the scene for the new run of films. Introducing the actors and playing with the link between the new and the old. Good to see new "unknown" actors being introduced.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Not impressed enought to see any Star Wars movie. I am a Trekker through and through.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

That's exactly what they were going for, everything is the same but also completely different. The next two trilogy movies will stand all on their own. This movie was created for the fans and it delivered! I loved the new characters, I love BB8, and I love the practical special effects along with the CGI, but most of all I loved the acting!!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It was more of a reboot than a sequel.
Death star, check
New Vader, check
Cute robot, check
Main character dies, check
Jedi screws up training a newb, check
Stormtroopers can't hit a thing, check

Not bad really, just ok.

Eta,,, if they have furries in the 3rd one I'm hunting down jj abrams.

edit on 30-12-2015 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

JJ won't be directing the next two films. The man who directed Jurassic World will be directing the 3rd trilogy movie.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I think you got it exactly right, I was looking forward to a new and intriguing story in such a great universe but instead I got a rehash of the original with better effects, worse characters, and a politically correct narrative.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I went to see it 2 days in a row, thats how much i liked it

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Might turn out to be the most over rated movie ever made.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Impressed no, entertained yes, looking forward to seeing the story unfold in the next one yes, star wars fan always.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join