It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name a movie were the good guy does not win...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Into the wild
la haine
audition
the ring
the grudge

edit on 31-12-2015 by MagnaCarta2015 because: added more

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Scarface

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I only read through 4 pages, so if this one was mentioned, sorry.

Cowboys.

It's a John Wayne movie where he is guiding young boys that are driving cattle. Rustlers try to take the herd, but John Wayne's character stands up to them. He is gunned down in front of the boys to try to show them that violence is not the answer.

It wasn't a one shot and he dies either. He was shot in one shoulder, then the other, then a leg, then the other. He kept getting up, and would not draw his gun. The rustler finally shot him in the head to end it.

Of course the boys avenge him in the end and steal back the herd, but John Wayne is almost always the hero in his movies, and he didn't make it.

Growing up with JW movies, this was definitely a WTF moment for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Onion Field

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OMG SEVEN!!!! Kevin Spacey gets Brad Pitt to commit murder, the last sin.

Idk if anyone else got that one. Also OMG I JUST WATCHED ANGEL HEART THE OTHER DAY so much conspiracy potential...

Also, The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams(same guy who wrote watership down)! I saw the film not too long ago, in full on youtube, and I'll never forget it... wow!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Totally agree with Seven! The little box was pretty horrific!

The Vanishing, after watching that one gas stations gave me the creeps. Especially gas stations out in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Totally agree with Seven! The little box was pretty horrific!

The Vanishing, after watching that one gas stations gave me the creeps. Especially gas stations out in the middle of nowhere.

Yes I had to stop at one of those gas staions one night and I soooooo thought of that movie. I don't think this is what the op had in mind when he started the thread but great job everyone on posting movies a couple ill have to put on my viewing list.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just finished watching "The Last Shift" on Netflix. Really scary movies, and no the good guy does not win. # was really creepy too.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wshadow1
The movie your thinking of was "Chisom". Although he also died in his last film before he died "the Shootist"

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm a little late but the movie that comes to mind is Would You Rather. Let me just say that I don't give a damn how innocent that game can be, im not playing it again.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
One movie comes to mind, but I don't know the name of it. May not have even been a movie.

Two lovers torn apart by a tradition in their town where the residents periodically partake of a raffle. The unlucky person who receives the marker is systematically put to death by stoning.

The girl ends up with the marker but her mother immediately switches with her, thus saving her daughter and embracing her own demise.

Most disturbing thing I've seen at the time

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Usual Suspects

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I checked and don't believe it. Nobody got The Bad News Bears (1976) (unless I missed it on a quick re-check). Alcoholic coach takes the worst team in the league to first place, gets sober along the way, the kids learn how to play baseball, only to lose to their cross-town rivals in the city championship game in the film's finale. Then follows a fouled mouth tirade about how they (Bears) will take them next year. That was cool because it was prior to South Park by years!

How about Donnie Darko? Besides the scary rabbit and seeing time tunnels, in the end fate wins and Donnie doesn't.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion
I know there's a short story by Shirley Jackson called The Lottery where villagers have a lottery of sorts and the "winner" is stoned to death. I have no idea if they made a movie out of it.

edit on 16-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't know if this was mentioned but how about Apocalypse Now? The main character didn't exactly come out right.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Any movie that runs past its end credits will be a movie were the good guy does not so call "win". Because then it will encroach above its plot line and script, maybe even into real life eh?

Not likely right? Anyways, movies are movies, they have a script and actors, and hundreds if not thousands of people working on them behind the scenes. Basically all works of great fiction, anything with a end credit scenes are works of fiction. From movies, to TV shows, to political processes, to well pretty much everything and anything you see on media or anywhere were groups of people are, even daily rituals you see everywhere which have become ingrained into the human modus operandi and psyche.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Its the rules you know.

But if you did not know why? Why its simple because real life which is based of our crappy make believe tales, has not tough far enough into the future to see past the ending credits and the kissy scene and white picket fence. And so after all of that is over. What other point or plot is there to the story?

None what so ever right? But if you wait long enough after the hero who became a bad guy and eventually back to a good guy to only become much latter a bad guy or who knows maybe a dark hero, and from there...Well the sequence is over or just done to death.

And even much latter and longer? Well you just may even get sick of the whole good and evil plot line, its like bitting into a sour apple, the taste just does nothing anymore. It was a grand line, it lasted for a bit, but it became old...Oh! I don't know! I think some few 6 or so thousand years ago. It must have died, I am not sure, but it think somewhere back when the pyramids were still on the sketch boards and Africa still had grand lakes and waters and daily rain showers.

So it could have been much more longer then 6 thousand years ago. But humans still process all there mental faculties by such old outdated systems.

Meanwhile have you checked out the new deadpool movie? Its got a hero in it, or kind of. Depends on your definition of that word I suppose.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
What? Donnie was the hero of that movie?

Here I thought the big rabbit was the hero and also the main protagonist, and the other guy just sort of a fill in for the plot...Crazy world we life in eh.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Some horror films are with that kind of end..
I recalled some movie like :The Skeleton Key,Jeepers Creepers........

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I can not even name all the horror movies where the good guy does not win. It is common for the good guy win the main battle and just before the closing suddenly the bad guy pops up again killing the good guy (like Jason movies, Friday the 13th etc).

Personally instances from other horror movies that pop up would be "Drag me to hell" (Where the main character is "eaten" by ground, dragged to hell) or "Skeleton Key" where the main character switches bodies with the bad guy and ends up being in an old persons body (long story, watch the movie to understand)

Generally, in other genres usually the good guys win the battle (but not always the war, as just before the end it is shown that the bad guy is alive (all that in order to create the next movie(Thor comes to mind in that sense))

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird
Heh. Why does Barney saying Johnny from Cobra Kai is the main character in the Karate Kid come to mind?

So then it (DD) should have been called: Frank, the Rabbit

I'm cool with that!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join