It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new root of evil : Science

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

originally posted by: schuyler
And you are communication, such that it is, via science, btw, otherwise no one would hear your "theory."

I expected that someone would say that. I see this technology (windows, html, etc) as being very slow and not fit for purpose. There are alternatives that should have been explored.

Incredible. Perhaps you could enlighten us with the "alternatives".
This technology is the result of thousands of dedicated, intelligent engineers and scientists. Do you blame the speed on your perhaps antiquated equipment?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Incredible. Perhaps you could enlighten us with the "alternatives".
This technology is the result of thousands of dedicated, intelligent engineers and scientists. Do you blame the speed on your perhaps antiquated equipment?

There are known alternatives as well as unknown ones.

I am not sure about the intelligent engineers. They go through so much unnecessary dogma in their training that they complicate everything. I taught myself java programming in a weekend and can write programs that are a tenth lighter but achieve the save effect as those of the intelligent engineers.

In my post, I mention the right side of the brain and I would have been very encouraged if some responses covered the OP fully. Yet many seem outraged that I dare accuse science and do not attempt to provide a well considered response.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The new evil afflicting modern society is not science but scientism. This quasi-religion marks out and builds a wall around what it can potentially explain, then tells everyone that nothing outside its self-erected walls exists. Not only that, it has the arrogance to claim that, if someone does claim to experience phenomena outside its walls that have been arbitrarily excluded from study, then this person either is lying or misunderstood what it was he experienced.

Scientism is evil because it tells you what you can know, study at university and take seriously. Anything else beyond its parameters is simply denied as unworthy of attention. Scientism is the thought police masquerading as the methodology of the only truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
no pretty sure its still religion.

There is no doubt that the world rulers of earth manipulate religion to further their unjust and ungodly aims. And when they have fed up with the adulterous relations between the religions of the world and its world rulers, they will rid themselves of religion, like an unfaithful man does an old hag whom he has grown tired of. That has already been foretold a long time ago. It will happen.

But the OP has a point. Mankind has always turned his face away from the true God. And today they, instead of worshiping the plethora of false gods in religion, have turned to science, materialism, and totalitarianism. They have 'forsaken the false gods of their forefathers' and have put up a new god in its place.

It is quite as the prophecy says it would happen:

(Daniel 11:38, 39) But instead he will give glory to the god of fortresses; to a god that his fathers did not know he will give glory by means of gold and silver and precious stones and desirable things. He will act effectively against the most fortified strongholds, along with a foreign god. He will give great glory to those who give him recognition, and he will make them rule among many; and the ground he will apportion out for a price.

In many parts of earth totalitarianism, and the worship of military might has been going on for decades now. Going hand in hand with science, they turn their backs on the true God, and give their hope to military might and science.

That ungodly attitude permeates society. While in the western world materialism and the worship of science has taken the fore. After World War II especially in the former U. S. S. R, China, and other communist states (which are a huge portion of the world's population) religion has been banned or looked down upon and been persecuted and the god of military might and science was put in its stead, and worshiped in and of itself as a god above all the other gods of wicked mankind. Much as the prophecy has foretold it would come to pass:

(Daniel 11:37) 37 He will show no regard for the God of his fathers; nor will he show regard for the desire of women or for any other god, but he will magnify himself over everyone. . .

But when mankind as a whole turns upon religion and destroys it, they will not have achieved the elusive peace and security they so long have yearned for. For atheism is the truest form of satanism (that is slander against the true God). And worldwide conditions under the dictatorial powers at that time will be far worse than any throughout history up until that point.

Only then, will those who yearn for the end of all religion, and the establishment of atheism forcefully world-wide, learn too late, that ignoring the true God, and mass-murdering untold millions, perhaps hundreds of millions of people, leading the world into its time of great tribulation, that atheism is no bastion of peace. But will be the ultimate hand of death and war and scourge, and slavery. Atheism will be far worse a plague on humanity, when it is forced upon mankind world-wide, than false religion ever was.

For science and military might itself is a false god which they elevate above all their other false gods. And its yearning for human blood and sacrifice will be far more lustful and repugnant than any known.
edit on 30-12-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

A most detailed analysis of my OP. No doubt you must be a scientist.

-By improved Agriculture, do you mean genetically grown
-Medical advance !? I don't see much except the desperate claim tha one day we will beat cancer. Billions have been put in the hands of researchers in the name of Science to no avail.
-disemmination of knowledge - do you mean brain washing ; propaganda

btw, I could not see Milou in your avatar (sorry "snowy " in the english version of tintin. Full credit to the belgian cartoonists who brought us Tintin, Asterix, Lucky Luke, Iznogood, etc.

You seem to have a blind faith in telecommunications. Perhaps you do not look around you. Everyday I see hundreds of people on the underground either reading other passengers profile or filming them secretly. Do you really believe that they will make better use of the science ?

Is it true that the left/right brain research has been abandoned? That would be the greatest loss to humanity.

I need to make one thing clear. I am hoping that everybody will realise that I am using the word Science in a general way. There is Science in everything. Even an Astrologer has to proceed in a somewhat scientific way (labelling of planets,calculations to support Birth Charts, etc ) but at least he will use othe faculties apart from the reasoning/logical one.

I do not think that there is any point in erring into the region where the basic law of physics do not hold since you would not believe in anything coming from it. Yes, I do believe that we would be flying around the galaxy if scientist had managed to grasp some of the more abstract concepts which defy logic and science as we know it.

edit on 30-12-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
The new evil afflicting modern society is not science but scientism. This quasi-religion marks out and builds a wall around what it can potentially explain, then tells everyone that nothing outside its self-erected walls exists. Not only that, it has the arrogance to claim that, if someone does claim to experience phenomena outside its walls that have been arbitrarily excluded from study, then this person either is lying or misunderstood what it was he experienced.

Scientism is evil because it tells you what you can know, study at university and take seriously. Anything else beyond its parameters is simply denied as unworthy of attention. Scientism is the thought police masquerading as the methodology of the only truth.

Well , I think you may be right. Some people have already pointed out that Science is neutral. I like your term Scientism - a sort of nazi form of science worship.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Man has always had the choice of using rocks to break apart shells for food or to use rocks to attack one another. Its not the rock thats evil, but mans inherent fears that cause us to fear one another. Science today provides us with wonderful information about our cosmos. Like any tool it depends on us to use it for good instead of evil.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

These prophecies seem quite appropriate to be quoted here. Scarry really

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I thought the graduation cap was a little plate to set snacks on when you sat behind someone.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

-By improved Agriculture, do you mean genetically grown

Of course not. I mean the elective breeding that domesticated wild plants and animals. I mean the study of hydrology that made irrigation possible. I mean the scientific investigation of plant and animal nutrition, resulting in fertilizers and more efficient farming.

-Medical advance !? I don't see much except the desperate claim tha one day we will beat cancer. Billions have been put in the hands of researchers in the name of Science to no avail.

Seriously? You can now cut yourself without dying of tetanus. We know how to prevent cholera, influenza, measles... Hardly anyone dies in childbirth these days. When was the last time you saw someone with polio? Bubonic plague?

-disemmination of knowledge - do you mean brain washing ; propaganda

Of course not, although some people will use it for such. That is human nature, not science.

btw, I could not see Milou in your avatar (sorry "snowy " in the english version of tintin. Full credit to the belgian cartoonists who brought us Tintin, Asterix, Lucky Luke, Iznogood, etc.

Hear hear!

You seem to have a blind faith in telecommunications. Perhaps you do not look around you. Everyday I see hundreds of people on the underground either reading other passengers profile or filming them secretly. Do you really believe that they will make better use of the science ?

No, I have blind faith in human beings. We will eventually learn how to use the gift of technology for the betterment of the world.

Is it true that the left/right brain research has been abandoned? That would be the greatest loss to humanity.

Why? It was just neo-phrenology.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The right side of the brain might have an open spiritual aspect as appose to the left.

www.google.com... le&ie=UTF-8#q=do+you+move+the+tassel+from+left+to+right

We could've branched out in many scientific technologies if only corporations and other authoritive leaders would've allowed it.

From a neutral stand point, everything is either good or bad. But the real question is, what causes the spirit, mind, consciousness to become good or evil?
Maybe it's an illusion to separate us from birth until death when we've final come to the real truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You have to be someone connected with an institution : Research dept; University ; Hospital , etc. Otherwise you would not address every single point I made in that way.

Of course I will not deny some points you made( tetanus, polio, childbirth , etc). Yes , there were advances in medicine that have benefited humanity. But what is happening now? Are there more advances or are we being conned ?

Rather than take apart every point I make , try and look at the overall theme of my OP. I am saying that Science is the root of evil. It is a fairly general statement and the connotation of evil comes from the misuse of Science. My point is that if there is no one to look after the ethics , it will definitely get misused and that where everyone in that environment has to take some blame.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
An inanimate object or conceptual application cannot be evil. The only evil in this world are those who use things like money and science for their own benefit at the detriment of others.

Science is not evil but too much of any good thing will end up turning bad no matter what it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Science is not evil but too much of any good thing will end up turning bad no matter what it is.

Totally agree that too much of any good thing is bad

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Rather than take apart every point I make , try and look at the overall theme of my OP. I am saying that Science is the root of evil.

Science is objective, hence, valueless. Human nature is the root of all evil. This can be transcended.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Science is objective, hence, valueless. Human nature is the root of all evil. This can be transcended.

We are not on the same wavelength.

Sometimes we have to speak in metaphors. Hence I can say that Science is evil because it is the Cain who slaughtered his brother Abel . Cain is (let's say ) the logical /rational side of the mind and Abel is othe other side (creative, imaginative, etc)

This scenario is actually happening where you can see that people can get persecuted because the do not accept the officially accepted scientific version of things. Best example is Climate change. If a scientist were to rebel against the community and say that climate change is natural and not caused by human, he will be sure to lose his position and status. This recently happened to a weather presenter in France.

Some people have already touched on this extreme form of science worship in earlier posts. This is gaining ground. For example, in Germany, a lot of people found that their houses has been vandalised just because they got Googlemap to blot out their residence. It seems that it did not go down well with a community of internet freaks.

Soon, it will be impossible to get a job unless your present your facebook profile.

Vaccines will become mandatory . Already some companies are forcing their employees to have flu vaccines.

I am not sure it will be possible to separate human nature from the object itself (Science). It is like War. War is evil (not necessarily the soldiers). By the same token , Science is evil (not necessary the kind gentleman or lady researcher); particularly if playing with genes and trying to be God.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

Its a tug of war these days. You've explained what I believe to be true. For better or worse, time will tell.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Can't buy weapons with out money, well most of em. Even a nuku'alofa bomb is neutral it's the man that fires it who is good or evil.

Wouldn't a surveillance based society be good as the guilty will be caught and the innocent have nothing to hide? Wouldn't a God fearing man be ok with it? Wouldn't a person with religious views already live under total surveillance from their God?

Yup social media is evil but everyone is a willing participate. I don't take part in Facebook,instagram,snapchat or other. If I wanna know what someone's thinking or how they feel ill walk up and ask them. I don't put any value on any interaction that isn't face to face. I do find ATS entertaining however.

Hail Science!

money is not the root of evil either. It's Power. Misuse of power brought from
money,science,weapons,people and religious power is the root of evil.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Science is bad, yet you take advantage of it. Stand up for your convictions! Throw away that computer, cell phone, get rid of the electricity in your home, same with the flush toilet, your car and don't ever go to a Dr or dentist again. If you get sick, go dig some roots and herbs. Throw away anything that science has given you and I will believe you actually believe this. Otherwise, you're just trying to blame something for something else.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It started way back with the French revolution
Back then they called it
The age of enlightenment
From there came science politicians
Doctors
And the industrial expansion

They fooled everyone with this illusion
Called democracy

new topics

top topics