It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I've been wrong twice now. There's no reason to believe I'll be right this time.

Last night I had a dream that I was in Victoria BC, visiting my cousins, and pictures fell off the walls. Today there was a minor tremor on Vancouver Island (I was on the phone with my cousin at the time.) It made my stomach fall through my balls.

I believe there will be a major earthquake on the western seaboard in the next 72 hours. It will be at least 6.4 on the Richter.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Thanks if there is a tsunami I will have enough time to reach the hills
I live east coast of Australia
When I was young I was told that a big
Earthquake was expected on the west
Coast of America and some of the Coast
Would fall into the sea
Don't worry I to have made prediction
That failed
We will get it right one day
Lol
edit on 30-12-2015 by piney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Oneredbird

As 6.4 is not a major earthquake. At least I wouldn't consider it a major one.

I lived in southern California for 8 yrs.

I would call a 7 - 8 serious and anything over an 8 major.
But maybe I'm just jaded.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This tiny fart of a trembler was only about 4.7. It was just off the Sidney coast of Vancouver Island, on the inland side. My friends in Victoria didn't even feel it.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
As you probably know, the area in and around Van Island gets plenty of smaller tremors, but bigger quakes are pretty rare. Within around 200 miles of the approximate middle of the island (49.5 N, 125.5 W) there have been 25 quakes of mag 6.0 Mw** or bigger since 1900, including 7 since 2000. The largest of those (in this century) was a 6.7 Mw on Nov 2, 2004. It didn't cause much damage. The most powerful since 1/1/1900 was on June 23, 1946, when they had a mag 7.5 Mw.

But that's a fairly small area and there have been bigger quakes along or near the main west coast fault lines in the same period, including around mag 8 just a few hundred km further north from Van Island. Down south from there, heading into Oregon and Cali, the quakes have tended to be smaller.

However, there has not been a megathrust quake along the Cascadia Subduction Zone (off the coast there) since Jan 26, 1700, when there was one around a mag 9. Not possible to say when the next one may be. It's geologically "imminent", but that's from the perspective of long term averages. It could be 100 years or more before it occurs. On the other hand, as the region is now within the broader average time interval for one, it could be today. (Very low odds on that, though, thank goodness!)

So, does this mean your prediction is unlikely? Yes, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility and there is a small chance of such a quake in that region, even in the next 3 days. However, a mag 6.4 Mw would only cause some local damage and hopefully not a lot of it. Whether it causes any serious damage at all just depends exactly where it is. If it's at sea, like many of the prior ones have been, then it's not likely to produce major drama unless it's a lot bigger than (say) a 6.4. The scale is logarithmic, so a 7.4, for example (with about ten times the shaking), would be far worse and could have serious effects across a wider region.

**"Mw" is the short form for "Moment magnitude", which is the scale seismologists have been using for larger quakes for the past few decades. The mainstream media, being slow learners, still use "on the Richter scale", even though the larger quakes they mostly report about are not measured by the USGS and others in Richter, but Moment Magnitude.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Just posting to say I felt my first earthquake last night. I was in bed just about to nod off when it hit. Lasted a few seconds. Turns out, it's the major story this morning on the news.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oneredbird
I've been wrong twice now. There's no reason to believe I'll be right this time.

Last night I had a dream that I was in Victoria BC, visiting my cousins, and pictures fell off the walls. Today there was a minor tremor on Vancouver Island (I was on the phone with my cousin at the time.) It made my stomach fall through my balls.

I believe there will be a major earthquake on the western seaboard in the next 72 hours. It will be at least 6.4 on the Richter.

Maybe your premonition has already came true and that's the end of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So do you feel it's going to hit in BC or some place else......like say.... California?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I've seen this too.

California

Will be proceeded and followed by other quakes nearly as big.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is an old thread...
but when the big one does hit which is quite over due...

Victoria and Vancouver besides a rather large area of the United States will suffer enormous damage... Japan and many others will be rocked by a massive tsunami...

Because of today's development this time around the loss of lives is projected to be rather significant... But I think the 10s of thousands is wrong it could be in the millions...

It will be over a 9.0...
edit on 29-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

top topics

join