It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cox injecting ads and a talk i had with one of there reps just now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i know this is related to a board question but i dont know if it actualy belongs in this form

ok so a little bit ago it was repoted uber ads comeing up on this site

i did some testing and found its being injected from cox comunication so i message them today about it

Thank you for choosing Cox Communications. A representative will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Jenny C.'.

Jenny C.: Welcome to Cox Live Chat Support. My name is Jenny and I am happy to assist today.

Jenny C.: I apologize for the inconvenience.

Jenny C.: I am sorry, I did not understand your request, could you please clarify it for me?

Jenny C.: We have not heard from you for some time. Do you wish to continue to chat?

chris: your company is injectiong java script ads into cellphones i want to know why

Jenny C.: Are you using Web Mail?

chris: no its a ad particularly uber

chris: only comes up when useing your network conformed from webmasters its not there ad and confirmed its not from the device its self

Jenny C.: Do you have a Business account or Residential account active with Cox?

chris: residental

Jenny C.: Did you try to remove any marketing information from your phone settings?

Jenny C.: If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please send an e-mail to:

[email protected]

chris: phones clean new install of the os on every phone tested

chris: so if i send a email to there they will stop injecting java packets

Jenny C.: They will stop sending messages or marketing communications from us.

Jenny C.: If your phone is asking for JAVA it is possible that you will need to download the latest version of JAVA virtual machine in order to download applications on your phone device.

chris: i got all i needed thank you

aside from the rather dumb responses i saw a gem of information
If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please send an e-mail to:

[email protected]

im going to try and send them a email but it gives us a place to email about this

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sounds like you were chatting with a robot, they obviously didn't understand what you meant. Call them and explain courteously what you're trying to say. Ask them if there's anyway to stop the ads, as you pay for the service. If not, switch providers.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Probly was a robot but it gave me a unsuscribe email
That's what I wanted

And if u call them all there reps deny they have any capability of injecting java aredy tried that

Hopefully the email works

I'd love to get a new isp but I need a good ping

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

The unsubscribe email will only unsubscribe you from email communications from them, not ads.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
ATS is being done the same way. ALot of these Adverts ar e popping up and auto playing on th e main page without even touching them.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Don't know about your issue, but I do use Cox, and their service is typically very good. I suspect you did get a bot or something, and would recommend calling to talk to an actual person.

I know I don't see anything like that on my internet service, though I don't use it for the cell phone. Only ads I ever see are those various sites use.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
many of them are 3rd party agreements through your browser. they try to say its to better service your needs as a target demoghraphic to relay ads that interest you... personally ive yet to say thanks ads you knew just what my lil consumer ass knew i needed «cleek».

not only does being auto opted into the stream target you for ads based on browsing habits, but when tied into the browser, so will your search results become aligned with those habits. not useful for myself as when i do a search I want all unbiased information on the topic as possible to get a clear picture of it... not search results catered to a personal bias from previous searches.

theres many ways to avoid these... many you have to opt out of over and over again. it would be nice if opted out was default and opting in was what took the effort... but thats not the case, its unscrupolous marketing on the level of burger king upselling a slice of cheese knowing more people want cheese than not you dont see the 40 cent slice of cheese when asking for it nor on the board... but you and te poor worker having to say with cheese? 7000 times more a shift than they should need to says it all about such practices.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I used to work for Cox as a Field Technician and a Customer Support Rep (phones). I can tell you that unfortunately she would not have the slightest bit of information as to why Cox would be injecting ads. I would most certainly take this up to a higher level and sending a letter into the marketing department at the corporate level.

top topics

join