It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Islam Hate Speech: Islamic Civil Rights in Tennessee Violated by Sheriff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

HOUSE BILL 1418
By
Butt

AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 49, Chapter 6, Part 10, relative to curriculum for K–12 public schools.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE:
SECTION 1. Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 49, Chapter 6, Part 10, is amended by
adding the following language as a new, appropriately designated section: (a) The state board of education shall not include religious doctrine in any curriculum standards for grades prior to grades ten through twelve (10–12). (b) The state board shall provide curriculum standards for grades ten (10), eleven (11), or twelve (12) that teach comparative religion as it relates to history or geography, but no religion shall be emphasized or focused on over another religion. (c) If the curriculum standardsin grades prior to grades ten through twelve (10–12) include a reference to a specific religion or the role and importance of a religion in history or geography, then the state board shall ensure that the reference does not amount to teaching any form of religious doctrine to the students. SECTION 2. This act shall take effect upon becoming a law, the public welfare requiring it.

From what can tell of the text involved here, this amendment simply reiterates the first amendment in the context for board of education policy to be written into state law. Its already pre-empted by Federal Law anyways. From what I can tell though, because they refer to religious doctrine. That means the Ten Commandments for sure has to go before grade 10, as well any single word spoken by Jesus I believe. I think it would still spare the Greek, Egyptian, and Roman deities though. One could probably make an argument though that any mention of people making an offer to a particular god for their blessing would also have to be removed.

This may actually backfire against their actual own intent.

Thank you for that research... So, they want to defer til high school and no religious doctrine outside of historical and geographic context. Do you know if this law was passed? Anything could backfire, failure is always an option.

Whatever they teach this next generations of students, will set the tone for future conflict and I hope they get this right.
I assume asking Islam to drop the jihad doctrine is asking too much, if the west deems it to be a hate crime to incite or radicalize if the imams were diplomatic there could be a path to resolve religious conflict and this would probably only be possible if Islam were to compromise which might not possible. What can be done to bridge Christian/Islam relations?

I am concerned that the Constitution won't survive an attack from Islam, and we will be forced into the UN framework due to international pressure. Whatever happens with the EU will be reflected I am sure. The infiltration has already occurred, and now we can expect the jihad caucus to subvert Amendments 1 & 2.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

We need to finish the Holy Land investigation the DOJ dropped. Dozens of groups have been financing and enabling wahhabist theology in the US and violating US law in doing so.

What I really dislike most about the current administration is their refusal to indict certain groups.
THe laws of the land should not be selectively enforced.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I wonder if the people doing the teaching are Muslim themselves. If not, I can't really see how this is indoctrination.

That's like a Toyota salesman trying to convince someone to buy a Ford.

"Yeah I'm a Toyota person, and I don't own a Ford...but you should totally buy a Ford, even though I think Toyotas are better vehicles..."

*scratching head*

Why do people think being exposed to something they hate and despise will taint them forever?
edit on 29-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I wonder if the people doing the teaching are Muslim themselves. If not, I can't really see how this is indoctrination.

That's like a Toyota salesman trying to convince someone to buy a Ford.

"Yeah I'm a Toyota person, and I don't own a Ford...but you should totally buy a Ford, even though I think Toyotas are better vehicles..."

*scratching head*

Why do people think being exposed to something they hate and despise will taint them forever?

I am not so sure this won't taint forever.

2014-2015 school year was the first year, but just ran across this snopes link The Five Pillars of Cirriculum that gave some details. There was a photo I saw of what appeared to be a Muslim guest speaker in front of class, and the one photo of a field trip. I am not sure if it is the same for all TN schools, because the report only referred to one in particular says it is 3 weeks of material on history and geography of the middle east and there was some mention of Pillars of Islams and Shahaba Creeds in Civics class. One school board member received death threats over this, and required protection.

They said a judge in Texas had evidence of CAIR being a labelled as a terrorist threat run by Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas, their mission to spread Sharia Law. Anyone who goes agaisnt their agenda is automatically labelled an Islamophobe, Racist, Bigot prefix to the representatives names. I saw a redacted document from FBI that described a group of broken policies for CAIR and the details of said policies remain classified secret. DOJ slams FBI for it's involvement but does nothing. There is no transparency with this relationship with a terrorist group and FBI.

Source 4

Source 5

The school boards are being to work with the Muslim Brotherhood CAIR reps is infiltration of the government to force the battle of Constitution versus Sharia Law and there is ideologic warfare occuring, and social media is being used as a weapon.

I came under fire from the Freedom from Religion group members, who said I was racist troll among other things.
That group, along with the ALCU seem to support what's wrong with America. They said my sources were all biased or lies but you be your own judge. The mainstream media and even local news fails to deliver the real news stories, but all the propaganda deserves a bit of scutiny.

I have to apologise for creating this thread .... I find the whole thing disturbing and stressful. I am done researching and defer to the mods if they choose to delete. Thanks to those ATS people who responded.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

Well, if we're going to bomb the hell out of Muslim countries, maybe we ought to get to know who we're killing?

We have our government arming, abandoning, and then arming other Islamic rebel groups...then swoop in with Hellfire missiles, does knowing our targets a little more taint us forever?

edit on 29-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It is something we hold-over from childhood. This modern fear of Muslims and Islam is the equivalent of running away from the "scurvy" girl in class because she has cooties.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

Liberty Counsel is like the flip side f the SPLC.

Liberty Counsel® is an international nonprofit litigation, education, and policy organization dedicated to advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and the family since 1989, by providing pro bono assistance and representation on these and related topics. With offices in California, Florida, Virginia and Washington, D.C., and an outreach in Israel, Liberty Counsel has hundreds of advocates around the world.

Recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization, this Christian ministry is funded by tax-deductible donations from concerned individuals, churches, businesses, foundations and other organizations.

The purpose of this ministry is to preserve religious liberty and help create and maintain a society in which everyone will have the opportunity to discover the truth that will give true freedom.

IF you reach out to them they can help with legal assistance in matters like this. Maybe they are already on it??

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The problem is this in a nut shell:

Right now the boogie man of the day would be the Islamic community. And fear is the politics of the day. People do not want to understand the impact on the world that came from the Islamic thinkers of old, or its impact on history. There is significant influence in history of the world, from Islam, in the areas, of math, science and history?

But what this Sherriff is stating, he fails to realize that it can be turned around against him and Christians quiet easily. If they are going to seek court injunctions against the building of Mosques, then CAIR could do the exact same thing against Christian Church’s. If they are going to deny the Muslim community the right to have a tax free house of worship, would the Sherriff and the people of Tennessee be content or happy if all of the sudden the Christian church’s lost their tax exemption and now how to pay taxes?
What many fail to understand is that if they believe in the law to be applied equally, then what is good for the goose is good for the gander. And as much as they may not like it, CAIR does have resources, and deep pockets, along with lawyers and attorneys and could potentially join with the ACLU and start to turn the tables legally against the state.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join