It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californian’s ballot initiative would require legislators to wear logos of top 10 contributors:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

SAN FRANCISCO — You can tell who sponsors NASCAR drivers by the patches on their jumpsuits. So why not do the same for politicians?

That’s the idea behind California entrepreneur John Cox’s proposed 2016 ballot initiative, which would require state legislators to wear the logos of their top 10 campaign contributors on their clothing when they advocate for policies on the Senate or Assembly floor.

He kicked off his campaign, “California Is Not for Sale,” this month with press events displaying life-size cardboard cutouts of all 120 members of the state Legislature, each adorned with logos from corporations such as Chevron and unions including the California Teachers Association.

Mr. Cox said he wants to “call attention to a problem,” namely that “our elected leaders are controlled by their funders.” In other words, this isn’t a stunt.
www.washingtontimes.com...

If there is an issue that can unite both Libs and Cons, Dems and Reps rank in file is money in politics btw the guy pushing for this, Mr Cox is a Republican of the rich type,as he said in the article he have five businesses and is planning to put his money where his mouth is..and with that I say bless him.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yes.

One word, simple.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It isn't a new idea, but it is an idea I fully endorse.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Californian’s ballot initiative would require legislators to wear logos of top 10 contributors:

God Bless you, my child!
You actually brought out loud laughter into this dusty cave!
Thanks for the post! *__-

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Spider879

God Bless you, my child!
You actually brought out loud laughter into this dusty cave!
Thanks for the post! *__-

Namaste:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I love the idea. Not as much as I love the idea of actually branding them, but still a great idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Oh yea, branding them would be preferable I agree. How many signatures does this need to end up on the ballot?? I am certain with confidence if it can get on the ballot, it will be unanimously voted yes. I cant think of too many people who have sincerely appreciated their representatives in the last few years.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Goodness gracious me!

A solid idea? From a politician no less? Hark close unto me brothers and sisters! Look to the skies, for doom, probably in the shape of a iron cored, planet bound comet, surely awaits!

Seriously though, this is a fantastic idea, and I am eager to see what stunt gets pulled to prevent it from being enacted.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Fun idea.
But I would wager that the same career politicians would still be elected.
The only change would be the bumper stickers.
No more Obama/Biden 2012.... It's Clinton/Pfizer 2016...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

That’s the idea behind California entrepreneur John Cox’s proposed 2016 ballot initiative, which would require state legislators to wear the logos of their top 10 campaign contributors on their clothing when they advocate for policies on the Senate or Assembly floor.

I wish every state would adopt that rule.
It would be the perfect remedy for elected representation to show themselves in a true light!

S&F!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

You know the world is truly arse-over-tit when what used to be satire has become reality. The Onion ran this as a joke over a decade ago and now it's coming to pass.

About time too...across the democratic world.

...all of it!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
They have been renaming the big arenas after their corporate sponsors and we see all kind of advertising, so I doubt that this will have much of an effect if they get that bill up. IMO, it would be a good thing to see who is sponsoring who and have it in your face when the puppets are talking on the T.V., saves time figuring it out on your own.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Politicians shouldn't have a problem with this.. Unless they don't want the public to know.

Didn't California vote no on GMO labeling though?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Works for me,

I'd love to see them patches for:

Social Security.

Medicare.

Medicaid.

FHA.

FoodStamps.

And the list goes on.

Dems and Republicans ever 'agree'.

When hell freezes over.
edit on 29-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Goldman Sachs logos for everyone!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh boy are the speeches going to be good.

I love to hear the NASCAR guys try to fit all the sponsors in. I might actually listen if this passes.

I would like to thank Depends for holding the $hit in and Exlax for keeping the $hit moving.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I bet there will be regulations for the "sponsors" patches concerning size, thread quality, material. Who wins the bidding war for the right to make those patches. Let's think, hmmm, Senator Bigbucks friend...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

This is one of the few ballot initiatives that could be helpful.

Especially because they will all likely have the same logos with some minor exceptions.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I bet there will be regulations for the "sponsors" patches concerning size, thread quality, material. Who wins the bidding war for the right to make those patches. Let's think, hmmm, Senator Bigbucks friend...

Oh dear, I think you have already figured out how they would circumvent it.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I like the idea. If the businesses sponsoring the politicians could view this as an advertising opportunities it just might have a chance! I might add one ammendment; instead of just the top ten, put the top five on one sleeve, and select the other five randomly so every contributer has a fare chance at public recognition. Maybe we could require the politician to give a word of thanks to their number one contributer as well as another selected at random.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join