It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Soldiers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Tonight watching the weather they mentioned the storm coming into NE tonight is from the severe weather that spread across much of the United States killing as many as 24 people. It also took the lives of 4 "International Soldiers" who were training at Fort Leonard Wood.

I certainly don't mean to lessen the severity of this Storm but who are these "International Soldiers"? Maybe just me, but I've never heard the term before.

CNN, under MIssouri

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Probably its just that they're non US soldiers thats all, and they haven't yet got to informing the families so they'll leave it vague due to the time delay as who wants to get a phone call from a friend in the US saying your kids dead.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Soldiers from another nation. There are hundreds here at any given time, if not more. Fort Leonard Wood is one of the big training bases for foreign soldiers in multiple missions.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The United Nations Security Force also trains here from time to time...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I know my brother is an EMT and SAR and has been training German special ops guys. Pretty sure he hasn't left the country so they must have come here.

Not saying its them (that might indicate poor training lol) just that other countries soldiers do come here.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Germany, the Netherlands, and now Indonesia have permanent bases here now. Germany in New Mexico, Netherlands in Arizona, and Indonesia in Idaho.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I just find it odd that the Country is not identified. "International" sounds like Global Soldiers. But of course, they don't feel a need to tell us anything.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

They won't say until the family is confirmed notified. It's the same as when our soldiers are killed. They won't say anything about names or hometowns until 24 hours after notification of the family.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Could of been a car full of people of various nationalities and until they've sorted out the mess they'll keep it neutral, would be like if a group of Americans from various states got killed we'd declare them American and then release the finer detail and then declare it was a Texan, 2 guys from Georgia and an guy from California for more detail.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Perhaps they were from the world - you know, that place that isn't the USA?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This works I suppose.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Germany, the Netherlands, and now Indonesia have permanent bases here now. Germany in New Mexico, Netherlands in Arizona, and Indonesia in Idaho.

Why would they have permanent bases here? It's not like they will be fighting here in N.A.. nor do we need help in our country. Makes me suspicious, even though they are allies.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I just find it odd that the Country is not identified. "International" sounds like Global Soldiers. But of course, they don't feel a need to tell us anything.

The do the same thing in Afghanistan where until they have notified families they will refer to them as NATO or Coalition casualties.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Why would they have permanent bases here? It's not like they will be fighting here in N.A.. nor do we need help in our country. Makes me suspicious, even though they are allies.

At a guess, Arizona and NM for desert training. Idaho for mountain-/wilderness training. Both with sufficient size for realistic and private exercise.

Not unlike Red Flag except a continuous training regime in a safe nation...(Probably subsidized by the U.S..
)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Training. Arizona is the premier F-16 training location. They train pilots from all over the world. Iraq has pilots there now, as well as other countries.

Indonesia recently got their version of the F-15E, so again they're partnered with an F-15E unit in the US learning how to use them properly, tricks and tips for keeping them flying, etc.

Germany trains Tornado crews in New Mexico. They don't have weather restrictions like they do in Germany. They're also right on top of the missile range so they can fly as low and as fast as they want through there.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Hi. I was in the Army from 99 to 2010. i went to fort Leonard Wood, MO. I was a combat engineer. AT fort LO they train Engineers, MPs, and Nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) guys. We would get Foreign soldiers there all the time as they were there for training along with all the US Services in those MOS's. When I was there in 99 we had New Zealand soldiers there training with the MPs.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The Pulaski County Sheriff's department released the information today, it was indeed a mix from several nations; 2 from Egypt, 1 Algerian, 1 Jordanian & 1 Malaysian. All were attending officer education at Fort Leonard Wood.

eta-the original report was 4 missing, this was updated a day or two later to include the recovery of a 5th body.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Badgermole42 because: 5th soldier

top topics

join