It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No indictment in Tamir Rice shooting says Cleveland prosecutor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is just now breaking: the grand jury in Cleveland has declined to return an indictment against the officer who shot and killed Tamir Rice, a 12 year old who had 911 called on him after displaying what "might have been" a gun. 911 was also advised that it might have been a toy, and that Rice might have been a juvenile.

So far all I'm seeing is tweets blowing up, so I'll update with an article as soon as I can find one posted.

This, frankly, surprises me. I thought we would at least see an indictment, but probably not a conviction. I'm left wondering how Cleveland will respond to this.

Decent source: www.cleveland.com...
edit on 28-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Unbelievable.

They likely won't respond very well to this... there was video proof of what happened. Facts are meaningless, I guess.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

What boggles my mind is the fact that 911 was TOLD the gun was "probably" fake and the person was "probably" a juvenile, but never relayed those statements to officers. It was all downhill from there.

(post by pcgamer11 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Greven

What boggles my mind is the fact that 911 was TOLD the gun was "probably" fake and the person was "probably" a juvenile, but never relayed those statements to officers. It was all downhill from there.

Was a reasonable answer to that question ever issued?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I suppose then there is no mitigation for being a child with a possible toy gun, AKA, a child is the same as an adult.
Oh! that's a standing evil, and feck that .

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Other than calling it a "perfect storm of errors," no not that I've seen.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pcgamer11

All for blaming the parents to a degree.

Not all for offing people based on what they might or might not do in the future. The fellas I know in law enforcement that are from the projects would probably disagree with you too.

Not that I expect little things like that to change such an ass backwards view as yours.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
LOL what are the chances Sham?????

www.abovetopsecret.com...

exact same time

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Adjectives to modify the words "male" and "gun" were deemed unimportant? That really changes the response level, but just my meaningless opinion.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Given the other has a lower thread id number, I would guess it was first.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pcgamer11

you can't possibly be for real
your 'thug in the making' was executed by thugs in completion.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

, it's all Good! I am amazed that we get to hear this for starters, secondly, it looked pretty clear to me that he reached for the weapon; given the prior allegations and calls from witnesses, they were coming up on a life/death situation;

reasonable suspicion, probably cause.... they are coming up on a 'man with a gun' call..... there was no investigation needed...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Get these coward cops off of our streets and off the public payroll.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yeah, I forgot, the word "gun" spoken is most often followed by "shots fired" by police.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well there was always hope that they DA would do the right thing. But from the signals they've been sending for the last few months, we should have guessed that they weren't going to bring charges.

I know it's probably been discussed before, but in your law enforcement experience is it standard operating procedure to roll up on an alleged perpetrator that closely?

-dex

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

It depends on the geographical area; backdrop; weather; additional officers and location.....

remember the subject did not appear to have a weapon in his hand at the exact time the officers (you cannot see from the video) were on site...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

There's no concrete answer to your question, as it's largely situational. Were I riding shotgun in that unit, my partner and I would've had a very serious, strong word filled conversation about why his parking job that put me three feet from a "man with a gun" seemed like a good idea to him.

That's not to say there aren't some circumstances where it would be acceptable to me (foot pursuit, etc) but in this one? I would be pissed as all hell.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You can't have it both ways though man. One post you say they're rolling up on a life or death call.

Now you're saying they couldn't see the gun so it's not a big deal to roll up on him like that.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pcgamer11
Good. We all know what this thug in the making would grow up into anyway. Crime prevention has been served. Don't point perceived weapons at people. Blame the parents too.

Pcg

Seeing the number of stars this is getting is, to be blunt, sad and shocking.

It makes me wonder who all the closeted racists are. At least you had the gonads to out yourself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join