It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Grand jury declines to indict Cleveland policemen in fatal shooting of 12-year-old Tamir R

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson plans to address the public after this afternoon's grand jury announcement in the Tamir Rice police shooting case. The prosecutor handling the case is due to speak at 2 p.m. ET, and @clevelanddotcom reports the mayor will talk at 4 p.m.

BREAKING: Grand jury declines to indict Cleveland policemen in fatal shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice.

Lets keep our eyes on this one; I am thinking there will be a large outbreak of violence- hopefully not, but remember Ferguson

Patrolman Timothy Loehmann fatally shot Tamir Rice within two seconds of a police cruiser driven by Frank Garmback skidding to a stop near the boy in November 2014. The charges come after a lengthy investigation by the Cuyahoga County sheriff's office and county prosecutors and a grand jury presentation that began in late October.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Dec 28 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTERNAL QUOTE TAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

If problems do start up there, a good place for livestreams is freedomfighterstreams.com...

Another is www.youtube.com...

And www.takemelive.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Thanks Drag; never heard of freedomfighterstreams.com... before; I will add it to my ever growing (thanks to ATS) collection of 'watch lists"!

ETA: Gand Juries usually are 'secret' - I wonder if the intent is to show the public exactly WHY he was neutralized? So to keep the rioters from rioting (that bad)

edit on 28-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: mej

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I`m just glad the system worked...

and for full disclosure purposes , my husband is ex LEO... baby brother died "on the job" 10 years ago... and my best friends are the head dispatcher at 911 and her husband who retired as our Chief of Police a year ago.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How is this possible? A cop drives up to a 12 year old boy with a toy gun and within 2 seconds shoots him dead.

We need to get these coward cops off of our streets and off the public payroll.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12

I`m just glad the system worked...

and for full disclosure purposes , my husband is ex LEO... baby brother died "on the job" 10 years ago... and my best friends are the head dispatcher at 911 and her husband who retired as our Chief of Police a year ago.

OIC so you're no way bias and the kid is automatically guilty? Gotcha

edit on 12 28 2015 by Phibes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kimar

Ughmmmmm. please check out the evidence and look at the stills; the pictures are evident, the boy pulled out a weapon and pointed it at the officers....

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

I too am retired LEO. (thank God) It is amazing that we are actually allowed to hear the Grand Jury and basically see & hear what they are collaborating about. !

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: kimar

Ughmmmmm. please check out the evidence and look at the stills; the pictures are evident, the boy pulled out a weapon and pointed it at the officers....

Oh i get it, so that means automatic execution, Gotcha

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phibes

Well, here in America it is unlawful to point a weapon at a Law Enforcement Personnel..

So, Phibs, by your definition, yes, why sure. Or Suicide by cop, however you would like to verbiage what happened...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Anyone know if the flames are being stoked in the MSM? AKA, is MSM broadcasting this on all the cable channels to make sure the 'protests' go off?

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No, it means don't pull a gun on an officer, even it if it not real. You take off the orange cap and it looks like a gun. This is a split second decision.

The 'age' of kids is also something that should not be used as a tool to show it is not justified. I can show tons of kids in their early teens who kill, steal, GTA...the works.

I feel sorry for the parents to have to bury a child but I sure as hell would not let either of my sons hang out at a park with a fake weapon....and before you say the parents cannot be there all the time bull#. I see this in the end just like the M Brown case. You are act like a threat you will be treated as a threat and it may get you killed.

A tragedy but one that could have been avoided. He had been at that park for hours and had pointed it at several people telling them also that it was real.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well, here in America it is unlawful to point a weapon at a Law Enforcement Personnel..

So, Phibs, by your definition, yes, why sure. Or Suicide by cop, however you would like to verbiage what happened...
o you don't think the cops could have handled it any different? Like drive off to a safe distance and call for backup vs jumping out of the patrol car and start shooting? Did the thought ever even occur to the cops that it could be a toy gun or bb gun?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimar
How is this possible? A cop drives up to a 12 year old boy with a toy gun and within 2 seconds shoots him dead.

We need to get these coward cops off of our streets and off the public payroll.

I just watched the live press conference of the events, videos, frame by frame. You are acting like these BLM protestors, by not looking at the evidence. You clearly see him raising his shirt as the cop got out. Also, for everyone saying why they got so close, they did not intend to, the car SLID uncontrollably because of snow and ice.

I watched the whole thing as presented and this was a 10000% GOOD shoot based on the information the police had. and to add, the dispatcher did not tell the cops that the gun might be fake or that the suspect was a juvenile. The "kid" was 175lbs, wore size 12 shoes. and is described by the police after the shooting as a male in his 20's. FACTS people.

Pcg
edit on 28-12-2015 by pcgamer11 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It is indisputable that the subject pulled the weapon from his waist...

before you say the parents cannot be there all the time bull#. I see this in the end just like the M Brown case. You are act like a threat you will be treated as a threat and it may get you killed. (I am awaiting the BLM trolls at any time)

So truE^ Mata!!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phibes

o you don't think the cops could have handled it any different? Like drive off to a safe distance and call for backup vs jumping out of the patrol car and start shooting? Did the thought ever even occur to the cops that it could be a toy gun or bb gun?

Cops aren't, nor should, be required to have to wait and see if the gun is real or not. And they did not intend to get so close to him, the car slid. That scared the cops even more because they were dangerously close, and in the car like fish in a barrel. That is why he fired so fast, and also seeing the perp reach for the gun, which was just shown frame by frame on the video.

Pcg
edit on 28-12-2015 by pcgamer11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You clearly have no idea how Law Enforcement is handled... there is a MAN WITH A GUN!!!! HES BEEN POINTING IT AT PEOPLE HE IS A THREAT< THEY PERCEIVED EMINENT DANGER...

Try going to the other thread and trolling..

Thanks (not really) for posting

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You clearly have no idea how Law Enforcement is handled... there is a MAN WITH A GUN!!!! HES BEEN POINTING IT AT PEOPLE HE IS A THREAT< THEY PERCEIVED EMINENT DANGER...

Try going to the other thread and trolling..

Thanks (not really) for posting

Trolling? I am having a discussion. So if my side does not agree with you i am trolling?
Sounds like your a cop apologist, am I right? Tell you what go hug a cop. I know you want to. Hurry up now, go do it.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pcgamer11 this was a 10000% GOOD shoot

there was NOTHING good about this incident. how is any part of shooting a kid a 'good' thing?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's unlawful for a police officer to shot an unarmed man in the back. Should he be executed?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join