It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist black professor lectures all white people on how racist they are.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Why is it that every black 'doctor' or 'professor' ends up sounding like a copy and paste MLK?

Yes, MLK was a leader and a great orator but these folk all sound the same-Riding on the coattails of one man. If these people want to be taken seriously then they need to walk in their own shoes and stop being so melodramatic to the point that they become stereotypical.

edit on 28-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Gryphon66

Obviously the humor evades you. We are talking about apple sauce slurpers and helping the economy by the tooth fairy. Jeez get real man.

Thanks for the answer.

Get real eh?

Here's a question: you may be joking ... are you sure the others here are?

OTHERS HERE: Are you kidding, or being metaphorical, or just blowing off steam while you're advocating for violence against those whose politics you don't like?

Who will go on the record here?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
"White privilege" consists of not being treated as a second class citizen, and so doesn't constitute a privilege so much as the proper application of your human rights. The fact that there are individuals who do not enjoy the same within your society is something which should move you but not something for which you are responsible by default.

The idea that all white people are racist because the system is racist is ludicrous. The system does not reflect the will of the people, this is clear. The problems faced by black people in the US are those faced by every poor person in the west, regardless of skin colour.

The system that discriminates against you is a capitalist system, it judges you on the content of your wallet, not the colour of your skin. Oh, it statistically judges the value of your custom based upon your demographic, this is true, but to blame those who are judged to be more demographically valuable rather than railing against the judge is painfully escapist.

The capitalist, corporatisation of society is the root of both systematic racism and the systematic sexism the professor confesses oh so valiantly to. This seems tragically obvious, so long as he supports the system that objectifies everyone on the basis of statistical spending power probabilities he's as guilty as a cop at a traffic stop. Pity he can't see past the colour of his own skin.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just another guy who doesn't own a mirror.

link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The man is free to espouse any nonsense he wants, and you are free to refute them how you see fit. However, you are not free to assault or be violent towards him.

link   

a reply to: Greven

Hell yes subtle or not the dudes a racist and thinks all of us should feel guilt and or privilege it's just getting old, wish some of these idiots would have this conversation publicly in the town square.

I think you need to read the letter:

I can see your anger. I can see that this letter is being misunderstood. This letter is not asking you to feel bad about yourself, to wallow in guilt.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This guy is a philosophy professor which means that he is generally useless in the modern world. He writes things like this because he needs publicity and a springboard to write his next book so he can stay employed. He has confused himself and thinks that the rest of the world cares about his journey though life and wants the enlightenment and insight he can bring to them. That is what philosophy professors do and this guy is no exception. Don't take it to heart.
If all men have sexist thoughts because they are male, suppressing those thoughts goes against their being. Not acting on those thoughts is what is important and is what is called civilization. Of course, it fails at times but in general it does not and women go unmolested.
Judging people by appearance is what the human race does. It is a survival trait and EVERYONE profiles everyone and everything else. People in banks profile whomever walks in the door. If someone comes in with a mask, you can bet that they are profiled. When a black man is stopped by a white police officer with blond hair and mirrored sunglasses, he makes a judgement call just as when the white guy is surrounded by black youths in an isolated place. Maybe the police officer is just saying that a tail light is out. Maybe the black youths are on their way elsewhere and walk on past. Neither party knows that until it happens because stereotyping has a basis in fact.
The professor conveniently forgets that black slaves were sold by other blacks to whites. He forgets that the Vikings were some of the biggest slavers going and raided Europe and Britain [and Ireland] and then sold all those white blond women as far away as Istanbul to the Arab market. Iceland, poster child for democracy, had more of those slaves than free men populating it. [Then the Vikings founded Dublin. Maybe Karma caught up with the Irish]
Note that the professor and his philosophical ilk like to point out problems that are obvious and make like they have discovered something never before seen. There is a surplus of problem exposition and a dearth of practical solutions. In this case, what is the solution offered? Buy my concepts and buy my books? Put this guy on the ignore list and do your best in life. Don't hurt fellow human beings. Don't take or damage their property. Live beneath your means. Help those in need when you can. Small help is better than no help. Put a dollar in the Salvation Army kettle. Be kind and civil, even if others are rude.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You realise people have punched each other out for hundreds if not thousands of years. Why is it suddenly Violence to you now? I took his statement not as a Violent one, but as his freedom of expression via the Constitution of USA. Is he not allowed to express his feelings because your' too PC to understand them?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I agree, and more so i was responding to a person based on my expectations on what they wanted to hear from another poster. However a good old fashion ass kicking seems appropriate when hate speech is espoused regularly from our institutions of higher learning, believe it or not I've seen such things solve problems quicker than hugging it out, and i am fully aware of the legal ramifications of violence.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I agree. Let me put your wonderful analysis into a short sentence for the masses. HE'S AN IDIOT SEXIST RACIST BIGOT. There
Thankyou, carry on.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

You realise people have punched each other out for hundreds if not thousands of years. Why is it suddenly Violence to you now? I took his statement not as a Violent one, but as his freedom of expression via the Constitution of USA. Is he not allowed to express his feelings because your' too PC to understand them?

It's violence because it is violence, by definition. Freedom of expression does not entail freedom to be violent to others because you don't like what they say or think. It sounds like you're too PC to understand, given that violence, coercion and emotional responses is the exact same methodology of the PC crowd.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Not many here have bothered to actually read the letter from Dr. Yancy.

I myself did, and while I hear what he is saying, he is speaking too generally and vaguely, and buying into far too much of the ratified air of the academic ivory tower.

All White people are not racist. Such absolutes are meaningless.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: pteridine

I agree. Let me put your wonderful analysis into a short sentence for the masses. HE'S AN IDIOT SEXIST RACIST BIGOT. There
Thankyou, carry on.

Did you read the letter in full?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: LSU0408

Brother I think we may actually be assaulting this guy with our presence and he may need a "safe space" remember to be white is an affront to those who are "minority challenged".

Does the fact that folks are fantasizing about actual assault here for those they disagree with a concern at all?

I mean, I know it's mostly bluster and internet courage ... but ... come on.

Are you advocating for political change via violence as well?

I may just have a different view since I am from the country.

Having said that, a fist fight is not violence.

It is a time honored tradition stretching back to the begining of mankind from every culture.

It is only today where nancy whinners are terrified to get a punch in the jaw that it is considered violent.

Violence is a whole other animal, that mostly involves severe injuries etc, up to and including death.

To call a fist fight violence, is to call masterbation rape, because the guy was looking at a pic of a woman.

It takes away the intended weight the word was meant to carry with it.

Thus dilluting its its intent.

Its just a punch in the mouth, so what?

I have been hit in the mouth hundreds of times, not once was fatal or severe bodily harm intended by the person hitting me.

If our ancestors were as fragile as you we would have become extinct long ago cupcake.

Tonight go out to the bar, drink too much, get in a fight.

Tomorrow you will hurt a little.

But you will never confuse that with violence again.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Mandroid7

You punch him in the mouth, and I will kick him when he's down.

It is high time for PC bully beatdowns in this country.

I'm amazed you and others are putting this into print.

So, you disagree with someone's politics, and that gives you free rein to beat them?

It's a symbolic kick to the teeth. Get real, are you new?

If your offended, my job is complete.

This country is going down the pc toilet with passive people flushing.
Don't get all scared and call the internet police just yet, and please remove your fiinger from the lever.

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: LSU0408
Indeed. He needs to be put in his place and slapped back into reality, and I'll stay right here in America, but thanks for your permission. Do you think a fist fight is violent?

Edit: What the hell does freedom of speech have to do with my post? You people are always the first to scream that you're free to speak, but don't be surprised if someone does something because they don't like what you said.

Put in his place? Slapped back into reality? Yes, assault is violent.

Your lack of respect for the laws of this country are concerning.

Please define "You people" here. You are claiming you would assault someone for words he wrote. I think you need to stop and think a bit more.

Clearly you're a younger person. A good old fashioned fist fight is a fantastic way to settle things and isn't a violent assault, lol. That's not a lack of respect for the law, what a wimpy thing to say. You people = leftists. When I defend my support for something you disagree with, people like are always the first to tell me that I can say what I want, but I better be ready for the criticism that's about to follow. But since you agree with the professor's retarded speech about me being racist, suddenly I'm the one that's out of hand and hates the constitution.

I am? How young are you?

You are generalizing something that is not generalized; what would you 'settle' here? Do you expect women would react the same way you would - getting in a fistfight?

Your statement fits; perhaps you are unfamiliar with the definitions:

violent - using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
assault - any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent.

Wimpy thing to say? Leftists? You have interesting ideas, and you wrongly seem to think I fully agree with his letter. However, you are exemplifying just what he wrote about.

Yes, you are perfectly free to disagree all you like. You can criticize his speech all you want. Saying you would knock his teeth out is entirely beyond that.

link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I agree, and more so i was responding to a person based on my expectations on what they wanted to hear from another poster. However a good old fashion ass kicking seems appropriate when hate speech is espoused regularly from our institutions of higher learning, believe it or not I've seen such things solve problems quicker than hugging it out, and i am fully aware of the legal ramifications of violence.

It solves nothing. It goes against the principle of free speech.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why do the people that cry oh my goawd the pc police is here, are the ones in heres crying about someone who might be racist.

Oh my gawd he wrote something that might be racist, double standard, poor us white people.

Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

To say that a "fist fight" is not violence is precisely as absurd as the comment about masturbation.

Absurdity does not excuse absurdity.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

I don't dance, but you on the other hand are damn good at it, when it serves you. You're in effect dancing around me hoping i'll dance to the tune you're playing. Sorry, won't do it. If you're looking for a playmate i ain't it. You really need to relax grab a beer and stop treating me as your enemy.

Enemy?

I'm not dancing around anything. I'm just asking what you meant by this statement:

That so called Professor wouldn't want to meet me. heh. What a cop out, MLK would be pissed off if he arose from his grave and saw the crap going on. People have no class these days, they just spew rubbish and hope someone believes what they're selling.

enough is enough.

I don't want to speak for you, nor do I want to misinterpret your intentions. You clearly disagree with him. It seems odd that you wouldn't expound on your remark. What would you do?

The professor is being pretty blunt in his letter; why not try it yourself?

No, what seems odd to me is you harping on me while no one else is. That to me is odd. I know your type, grab a vague statement from someones post and play them with it'. I'm not the only one who's seeing this. I'm not a professor, he is, i am not required to be 'blunt' as you put it, nor do i wish to try it for myself because this so called racist professor has'. Did you understand that, or should i reword it simply so you can?

I guess you aren't a fan of Socrates.

I'm not playing with anything or anyone. I'm just curious as to what, precisely, you mean by your statement.

One could make insinuations as to what you would do, but I don't want to; hence, my inquiry - to understand better.

Can you not simply say what you mean? You are, in a way, being 'politically correct' by not doing so.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join