It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist black professor lectures all white people on how racist they are.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: cenpuppie

I'm just going by facts, as presented by the links I posted. I'm not old enough to have listened to the actual slaves themselves, do you have videos?

If you read my post again, perhaps you'll understand that I said slaves in the New World were safer than slaves in the Caribbeans, where they kept being imported because of such a high rate of death.

This is weird, so on one hand you admit you've never done your research or bothered to read memoirs and transcripts from former slaves (from slavery that didn't end that long ago)

But then you turn around and ask someone to read your post again? The same post that contains information you admit you've not done research on?

Have you ever listened to actual slaves? By your last response to me, it's clear you don't correctly comprehend a single thing I say.

your welcome. sounds no different than what ISIS is doing over there by hearing their saddening stories about their experiences.

*You're

And I can't see anything but a useless unplayable square for the video you tried to post.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'm just going by facts, as presented by the links I posted. I'm not old enough to have listened to the actual slaves themselves, do you have videos?

If you read my post again, perhaps you'll understand that I said slaves in the New World were safer than slaves in the Caribbeans, where they kept being imported because of such a high rate of death.

This is weird, so on one hand you admit you've never done your research or bothered to read memoirs and transcripts from former slaves (from slavery that didn't end that long ago)

But then you turn around and ask someone to read your post again? The same post that contains information you admit you've not done research on?

Have you ever listened to actual slaves? By your last response to me, it's clear you don't correctly comprehend a single thing I say.

your welcome. sounds no different than what ISIS is doing over there by hearing their saddening stories about their experiences.

*You're

And I can't see anything but a useless unplayable square for the video you tried to post.

I can see it. Must be your phone huh?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Wow...

Guys, listen.

Slavery was horrible no matter where it was. Slaves were treated like animals, we all know and are all aware. My post was simply stating that while one guy said slavery in America was one of the most evil things in the history of mankind, it wasn't. You people are writing off all the other slaves that were in every other country. Slavery has been around since the dawn of man, there are no utopias, they were all treated like crap.

It's all over now, has been for 150 years. It's time to dry your eyes, get over it, and move on.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It's all over now, has been for 150 years. It's time to dry your eyes, get over it, and move on.

If notice, every other post I have made on this topic has been to that effect.

No one is alive today who contributed to black slavery. There is no "guilt".
And I think most the black communitys problems are caused by themselves.

But that doesnt mean we should forget the past.
edit on 30-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: majkaveli

So many closet racist n one thread to jump on the bandwagon. History does show that white Europeans have been exploiting humans from other continents for eons, slavery has been around since humanity has existed but no one has profited so much from it then White people, denying it means denying your entire history.

All empires have been built on the backs of slaves and the best empires were built by white Europeans.

Obviously slavery is travesty of humanity, and no one is exempt. But to be fair it was white Europeans who were the first to abolish slavery in the history of the universe, while everyone else, including black africans (as late as 1980) continued on. Yet no one mentions the Ottoman empire's slave trade. No one mentions the Brazilian slave trade. Without white Europeans, slavery would still be going on.

Slaves your referring to wasn't treated as subhuman like here.

They were treated worse outside of America. They were clothed, fed, and sheltered in America.

Show me proof! Your just spouting off nonsense. She me these naked nonafrican slaves.

*You're

Slaves that were sent to the Caribbeans were dying so fast from abuse and neglect that supply and demand couldn't keep up.

They had living quarters, food, and clothes on American plantations. Man, I get it that it was bad and it's killing you to talk about it, but it's part of history and should be discussed like adults. What proof do you want? Do you think they were left out in the cold, wind, rain, snow, sweltering heat, unfed, and naked?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

So many closet racist n one thread to jump on the bandwagon. History does show that white Europeans have been exploiting humans from other continents for eons, slavery has been around since humanity has existed but no one has profited so much from it then White people, denying it means denying your entire history.

All empires have been built on the backs of slaves and the best empires were built by white Europeans.

Obviously slavery is travesty of humanity, and no one is exempt. But to be fair it was white Europeans who were the first to abolish slavery in the history of the universe, while everyone else, including black africans (as late as 1980) continued on. Yet no one mentions the Ottoman empire's slave trade. No one mentions the Brazilian slave trade. Without white Europeans, slavery would still be going on.

They were treated worse outside of America. They were clothed, fed, and sheltered in America.

And whiped and beaten and raped..........

The USA was not some Slave utopia.

True,and even the Brits know that from experience. also getting the colonies hooked on slave labor was a smashing success. Thank you also ARABS,Romans,and especially AFRICANS TOO!!
All of our nations in the past sucked on this issue.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

I'll only this one last time. Do you have videos from the 1800's of slaves? I was asked for links, I provided them. They back up exactly what I've posted and said. Let's see you do the same instead of showing your tail.

I was specifically asked if I'd ever talked to actual slaves, I'm only 37. I missed that boat by about 100 years.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Show me proof! Your just spouting off nonsense. She me these naked nonafrican slaves.

*You're

Slaves that were sent to the Caribbeans were dying so fast from abuse and neglect that supply and demand couldn't keep up.

They had living quarters, food, and clothes on American plantations. Man, I get it that it was bad and it's killing you to talk about it, but it's part of history and should be discussed like adults. What proof do you want? Do you think they were left out in the cold, wind, rain, snow, sweltering heat, unfed, and naked?

Really your doing spellcheck! Is that your attempt to discredit me? Nonafrican slaves. I'm not dying to talk about it. I just refuse to let you water it down to something it was not.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

What proof do you want? Do you think they were left out in the cold, wind, rain, snow, sweltering heat, unfed, and naked?

Um, obviously.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

*You're

I can see it. Must be your phone huh?

I saw it after I responded...

I'll tell you what, I've got more respect for that old timer than I do all the people that act like they were there and suffered the same thing as slaves and former slaves. In fact, he'd probably slap some of y'all in the back of the head for acting like you knew what it was like to be there and acting like you know what happened. I saw one picture of chained slaves, that's how they were captured and sold to merchants from their own native people. All the rest were pictures of slaves or former slaves that were clothed and all had log houses they lived in. Isom Moseley even said the white people were good. So I'm not quite sure what this video proves beyond the point I already made.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If notice, every other post I have made on this topic has been to that effect.

No one is alive today who contributed to black slavery. There is no "guilt".
And I think most the black communitys problems are caused by themselves.

But that doesnt mean we should forget the past.

I'm not saying we should forget the past. I've been talking about it and getting hit from every angle for saying slaves were treated better in America than other places. I even posted links that tell how slaves in other places were dying so fast, the supply and demand couldn't keep up. I know it's painful to some, but it's fact and history.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

What proof do you want? Do you think they were left out in the cold, wind, rain, snow, sweltering heat, unfed, and naked?

Um, obviously.

Well the video you yourself posted contradicts that.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

*You're

Really your doing spellcheck! Is that your attempt to discredit me? Nonafrican slaves. I'm not dying to talk about it. I just refuse to let you water it down to something it was not.

Perhaps you missed the rest of my post.

And again, "you're" means "you are."

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Um, obviously.

Well the video you yourself posted contradicts that.

How so, mr. full time poster?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can see the reality that some people throwback to the period of American slavery (roughly early 1600s through 1865) as a justification for current beliefs and actions. I also see that some people are stuck in the past, that because slavery happened, therefore all the descendants of those who held slaves as well as those who were slaves are in some way locked into an unending relationship of opposition with each other.

The issue for me is not what happened in the past (although any argument that slaves "had it better" as slaves in America than in their homelands is ultimately part of a justification for slavery that has been used for centuries ... one that seems totally unconvincing to me. To enslave another IS an ultimately evil act, it doesn't matter if they live in a palace afterwards.)

The situation in the United States from 1865 onward regarding how the races interacted with each other, how Blacks were almost uniformly treated as second-class citizens after "being freed" at best, and were actively discriminated against, treated unequally, illegally and even as the victims of terrorist acts (lynchings, cross-burnings, etc.) through out the 19th, 20th and still in the 21 century ... is quite honestly far, far more complicated than we usually do or conceivably could insert into these discussions of events on ATS.

I suggest we stop battling each other over vague meaningless generalizations and beliefs and start trying to work together to make things better for everyone.

What-cha think?
edit on 30-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I can see the reality that some people throwback to the period of American slavery (roughly early 1600s through 1865) as a justification for current beliefs and actions. I also see that some people are stuck in the past, that because slavery happened, therefore all the descendants of those who held slaves as well as those who were slaves are in some way locked into an unending relationship of opposition with each other.

The issue for me is not what happened in the past (although any argument that slaves "had it better" as slaves in America than in their homelands is ultimately part of a justification for slavery that has been used for centuries ... one that seems totally unconvincing to me. To enslave another IS an ultimately evil act, it doesn't matter if they live in a palace afterwards.)

The situation in the United States from 1865 onward regarding how the races interacted with each other, how Blacks were almost uniformly treated as second-class citizens after "being freed" at best, and were actively discriminated against, treated unequally, illegally and even as the victims of terrorist acts (lynchings, cross-burnings, etc.) through out the 19th, 20th and still in the 21 century ... is quite honestly far, far more complicated than we usually do or conceivably could insert into these discussions of events on ATS.

I suggest we stop battling each other over vague meaningless generalizations and beliefs and start trying to work together to make things better for everyone.

What-cha think?

What I think is that we black people aren't blaming white people for slavery, we know white people kept slaves and only ended it 148 years ago - while lynchings only added 73 years ago, that's common knowledge.

We aren't talking about ancient oppression, us black people feel oppressed because of current events, things that are happening now. I see you weirdos tell us we are wrong for holding on to the past when the past is as young as LAST WEEK! AS YESTERDAY! AS AN HOUR AGO! For so many of these young black and old black innocents being gunned down by the police and worse in communities!

And before some bozo comes along and says "but sir, blacks kill blacks too! look at gangs" get it in your skull that gangs kill gangs because they live by the gun die by the gun - the cops are killing people who are non violent and do not live by the gun. That's the difference.

If black people are not oppressed, why did 4 white men shoot up a BLM protest the other day?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Good idea, but wouldn't the first step be letting all of this go, or letting it remain a part of history without getting bent out of shape over discussions about it? (Yes, that includes me)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

First, just because you're Black doesn't mean you speak for "all Black people."

Second, while I do qualify as a "wierdo" I certainly have not said that you are wrong for holding on to the past. May I suggest you read a bit more carefully and stop lumping together multiple posters into an easy object for your own disagreement.

Third, nothing in what I said that you replied to fails to address police overreach, in fact, it does the opposite.

Fourth, most of your argument is nothing more than garden-variety rhetoric with no factual basis ... i.e. you are a significant part of the problem my post was pointing to.

As a Black American, what are you doing to improve the lot of Black people? What are you doing to make things better in your community? What specific help do you need to address the inequities that exist?

Answers to these questions would move the discussion productively forward; you're merely rehashing the same garbage that got us here.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Bullhorse. You're just told to feel oppressed and find someone to blame for your own actions. Those cops aren't going out and shooting people just for being black. 99% of the time, there's resistance and struggling which leads to stronger actions. When a cop gets killed, people celebrate, when a criminal approaches a cop with a weapon and gets gunned down, cities burn in protest. If you want the violence to stop, you need to start talking to those in the communities where this is happening, and tell them to comply whether the cop is a good cop or a bad cop. Most half decent police will let you off with a warning just for being compliant.
edit on 30-12-2015 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Good idea, but wouldn't the first step be letting all of this go, or letting it remain a part of history without getting bent out of shape over discussions about it? (Yes, that includes me)

Not "letting go" ... we need to be as objective as possible about the realities of the past, what happened, and how that affects what is happening now. I advocate (at my best) for a scientific/rational/fact-based approach to issues, because I am in my nature a very emotional, passionate creature that isn't given to listening that well to what other people think.

To speak more directly to your question, think of realities in your own personal life. Think of people and situations in the past that have mistreated you, abused you, etc.

Is it as simple to resolve as saying "well, that's in the past, don't let it bother you"?

Perhaps we could start with listening to why a person feels like "we" are against them, and rather than telling them how they are wrong, or why they should feel differently, we just say "hey, I hear what you're saying. I'm sorry that happened. What are we going to do about it?"

We have got to start focusing on the answers rather than the questions in my opinion.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join