It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist black professor lectures all white people on how racist they are.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: jobless1
you had a shouting match with a classmate lol. That's a peer in a classroom setting the professor isn't a peer. I suggest you try it with a professor see how far that gets you. Oh and please tell him or her you don't have to listen to something you don't like.

I disagreed with my professors occasionally aloud, but it never devolved down to a shouting match. Sometimes I was right; other times I was wrong. I mention that example because it is the most heated exchange that I recall.

I never ran into any 'activist professor' who forced me to lie in coursework to pass a class. Some of those I disagreed with the most, I scored the best in the class. They forced me to think; to prove myself right when I could.

I never said i was forced to lie! I told you I wasn't allowed to discuss the validity of the subject matter being taught and doing so would result in an F. From a personally stand point I simply ate my pride and churned out a pile of crap the professor wanted parroted because I didn't want to pay for the class again. I could have told the truth and i could have taken a stand but what good would it do? would it create a news worthy story? Would it stop the subject of white privilege from ever being taught again? No!

That's basically forcing you, though - either you lie or you get an F.

I don't know what class that might have been. I can only say I never experienced anything like this.

link   

originally posted by: 123143
I think we should all be proud of our respective races and cultures. There is nothing wrong with that. It is only natural.

The only race/culture I'm proud of being is...

Human.

When/if the aliens are met, I'll be a proud human of the planet Earth.

link   
a reply to: TheBulk

edit on 28-12-2015 by TonyS because: gave up

link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

how many rights movements have started and ended in hugs? Revolutions? Well you know pretty much anything that needs to change requires some physical action, look personally if the guy spouts hate speech at me there will be a problem, physical violence no, ill retort however I will do so in such a way that it will be a challenge to escalation, however I am not going out looking for it, and so it is. I grew up fighting, and I do not like our PC crowd that equates a fight to an intent to murder, rob ,or commit heinous crimes. If you spout hate speech a punch in the mouth should be something you expect, they go hand and hand.

Then you should expect a punch in the mouth if someone decides that you're speaking hate speech.
edit on 28-12-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

Yep.

Preachin' to the choir on that one.

The will to political violence is insidious. I'm fairly sure that you're talking about the standards of conduct among men of like social standing, physical abilities, etc.

There's a big difference between that and the suggestions here to pile on the Professor and kick his teeth out as a group.

Even metaphorically.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Star for that, the reverse is true as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I and many others will disagree 100% on that point.

I have seen 2 guys that never liked eachother, always had words, could never get along, get into a fist fight.

A couple of days later they were great friends, and have been now for years.

It solves a lot, a lot of the time.

A consensual fight is not the same as punching someone for what they say. Straw man.

No straw man.

Dont insult people, they wont become offended, you wont risk getting punched in the mouth.

There is a reason "polite" society existed for hundreds of years in Europe.

Because one couldnt just insult others, or there would be a challenge to a duel.

At which point, a man could either agree to duel, because he meant what he said, or apologize for his insult.

Today, some are free to insult others without threat of retaliation.

It is one of the biggest problems in western culture.

The professor used words that insulted some.

Just because he chooses to use words, doenst mean others are wrong for desiring a different method.

I bet money if the professor got hit right in the jaw after he wrote this swill, he would think twice before doing it again.

It would solve so many huge problems with minor harm.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Every day something comes along to make me wonder.

Why should white people continue to pay taxes to a government that vilifies them?
Why should they support a university that treats their kids so disrespectfully?

You know what would be nice? Big, Blue chip companies announcing that they will no longer employ or offer internships to Alumni of the worst offending Universities.

Sure, the professors and the dregs of the student body can carry on their campaign of hatred, but no one with a brain will ever want to attend somewhere like that.

I dislike racism, but I absolutely loathe people being racist towards me and mine.
edit on 22pMon, 28 Dec 2015 11:54:22 -060020152015-12-28T11:54:22-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think we should all be proud of our respective races and cultures. There is nothing wrong with that. It is only natural.

Of course yes, it's natural however we have Unnatural Nutbags running North America who don't give a he double hockey sticks what anyone thinks, especially the PC Crowd.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Ghost147

My great grandfather on my dad's side was an Irish immigrant, I'm in that same boat with you. Nobody cares though because Irish are white.

Me too, brother.....

I just dont get it.

How can they ignore one races slights, to its own members, but fixate on those same slights inflicted by another?

It was all the same, blacks enslaved blacks.

Whites enslaved the Irish.

But Irish are white so that doesnt matter?

Why not?

Is it just because it doesnt support their preferred narrative?

What a crock of BS!

Those darn American whites! Lets have a looksee at the slave trade...

Brazil - 4,000,000 - 35.3%
Spanish Empire (including Cuba) - 2,500,000 - 22.1%
British West Indies - 2,000,000 - 17.7%
French West Indies (including Cayenne) - 1,600,000 - 14.1%
British North America & U.S. - 500,000 - 4.4%
Dutch West Indies (including Surinam) - 500,000 - 4.4%
Danish West Indies - 28,000 - 0.2%
Europe (including Portugal, Canary Islands, Madeira, Azores, etc. - 200,000 - 1.8%

I wonder how many of these other countries have to deal with white guilt ignorance and white privilege propaganda and handouts, pity, and coddling to minorities for # they had nothing to do with... My guess is none, other than America. A country that only took in 4.4% of the slaves in the entire slave trade.

www.slaverysite.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

how many rights movements have started and ended in hugs? Revolutions? Well you know pretty much anything that needs to change requires some physical action, look personally if the guy spouts hate speech at me there will be a problem, physical violence no, ill retort however I will do so in such a way that it will be a challenge to escalation, however I am not going out looking for it, and so it is. I grew up fighting, and I do not like our PC crowd that equates a fight to an intent to murder, rob ,or commit heinous crimes. If you spout hate speech a punch in the mouth should be something you expect, they go hand and hand.

Then you should expect a punch in the mouth if someone decides that you're speaking hate speech.

Now your making sense

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Star for that, the reverse is true as well.

To authoritarians it is true. A threat of violence against someone for what they say is the epitome of authoritarianism and the suppression of free speech.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yep.

Preachin' to the choir on that one.

The will to political violence is insidious. I'm fairly sure that you're talking about the standards of conduct among men of like social standing, physical abilities, etc.

There's a big difference between that and the suggestions here to pile on the Professor and kick his teeth out as a group.

Even metaphorically.

Yes you are correct sir.

link   

So ... if you punched the Professor, and he punched you back harder ... would that make his position the correct one, and you would slink off to reflect on your error?

It has been a long time since I've actually seen an argument for "might makes right" in public, LOL. Awesome.

You're talking about "being offended" at the Professor's letter. We all know that many think as he does.

He's wrong in many ways, correct in a few. But whatever he is, he has the right to write a piece in the paper.

If he gets up in your face yelling this stuff at you, then, do as you will ... but don't threaten him merely because you don't agree ...

(That's the point some of us are trying to make ... and I have an inkling you understand that viewpoint.)

edit on 28-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The only race/culture I'm proud of being is...

Human.

When/if the aliens are met, I'll be a proud human of the planet Earth.

Many, all, cultures have unique dances, stories, cuisine, etc. Are you saying we should obliterate all cultural differences?

I like vanilla ice cream. That doesn't mean I want to eat it all the time.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Greven

hahahaha... yes ok.... The only thing you wish to understand better is how good you think you are at attacking /coercing and demeaning people in order to get a quick star or two. So i will respond in PC TERMINOLOGY IN MY OPINION as not to insult as i know nothing at all about you... be a MAN, WOMAN, TRANSVESTITE.... there and please oh please STOP with the accusations. Pretty please with sugar on top?

Accusations? Attacking? Demeaning people?

What on Earth are you talking about?

Maybe some examples of me doing that will be helpful.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Today, some are free to insult others without threat of retaliation.

It is one of the biggest problems in western culture.

It's one of the biggest benefits of western culture. Try insulting Islam in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Greven

Ok you want to know what i mean right now? Bugger Off is that forward and PC enough for you?

What, you don't stand by your vague remarks?

link   

a reply to: Mandroid7

LOL ... am I new? How new are you? You haven't learned to look at the information under someone's avatar?

Your empty, adolescent posturing doesn't offend me at all. I hear kids trying to talk like adults all the time.

When you say "PC toilet" however, you're being very PC ... it's just your own version ... get it?

I see you're not hesitating to back down from your blustering. Just "blowing hot air" was about what I thought.

You should actually read the letter we're discussing ... I think you might have a bit different take on it.

Clearly you missed the
and the at the end, but being offended and arguing with internet strangers cause you feel powerless is the IN thing right now. Lmao

link   

So ... if you punched the Professor, and he punched you back harder ... would that make his position the correct one, and you would slink off to reflect on your error?

It has been a long time since I've actually seen an argument for "might makes right" in public, LOL. Awesome.

You're talking about "being offended" at the Professor's letter. We all know that many think as he does.

He's wrong in many ways, correct in a few. But whatever he is, he has the right to write a piece in the paper.

If he gets up in your face yelling this stuff at you, then, do as you will ... but don't threaten him merely because you don't agree ...

(That's the point some of us are trying to make ... and I have an inkling you understand that viewpoint.)

Personally, I wouldnt hit the guy for what he said.

Make fun of him and call him nutz? Oh yes.

But sau he called my girl a whore, or some such blatantly offensive on a personal level rubbish.

Yes I would hit him, at that point win or lose, I bet he will think twice before insulting my girl again, because he knows that I am likely to hit him for it.

It is called respect, and yes a punch in the mouth has a very calming bringing back down to earth effect on most people.

I have seen it first hand many times.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join