It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media vs Martial Arts ............ and the winner is ......... Social Media.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yes folks, the victory goes to Social Media.

But then, perhaps you would like to know what the fight was about?

The World Taekwondo Federation has thrown in the towel and will henceforth drop the word 'Federation' from its branding and business purposes.

They have been known for decades by their Acronym of WTF.

Of course, we all know what WTF really stands for. It seems that using the Acronym WTF is more socially exceptable than writing it out in full.

Even here in ATS land, I can write WTF easily enough ... but if I wrote it in full, I would likely get pulled up by a mod.

It seems the Taekwondo Masters lost the round to social media.

WTF Link

So in spite of registered names, trade marks and all of that BS .... you can still lose in the arena of public opinion.

P

edit on 26/12/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When I read the title I was expecting to read more about the outcry from dumb people saying how they are offended that their acronym is "WTF". However, the article seems to simply be the World Taekwondo's own opinion that they should change their name.

I'm not quite sure how the 'vs' fits into this issue, as it doesn't seem to be one side verses any other side, but merely a change in the times, and a feeling that an organization should distance itself from a specific image that it's not really related to. In that sense, I don't even see why this is news at all.

I would say that a company/organization that had been around for decades with the acronym of 'ISIS' would probably feel the same way.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

WTF!?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it to much mate.

Even the show 'Archer' (which is way more important to me than taekwondo, lol) has a whole plan to distance themselves from the acronym ISIS.

These things happen in life dude, its just up to the least dominant to back down, I suppose... lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
WTF FTW !!!!

and I don't mean for the win

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I'm not quite sure how the 'vs' fits into this issue

It was meant as a light hearted, somewhat humorous piece.

Perhaps having a humor laden poke at a situation could make you smile.

Yes? No? Ah!

Lol.

P

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Moro Islamic Liberation Front apparently has a bit more resolve.

top topics

join