It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspecting climate change conspiracy, Judicial Watch sues NOAA for scientists’ e-mails

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

You know enough about me to know that I am anti-totalitarian and this avenue points directly toward it.

So. Better to just sit back and wait, simply because the President says we need to get off our asses.

Hell of a plan.

edit on 12/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ultimately, whatever the cause, a viable scientific solution would involve geo-engineering not whatever minuscule reductions in increases could be achieved by US industry.

I am very concerned about the potential implications of the unanticipated side effects of any such solution.

Exploiting this as a political opportunity is certainly not the way to address it, particularly by folding it into military operations.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Exploiting this as a political opportunity is certainly not the way to address it, particularly by folding it into military operations.

I agree that political exploitation is not the most desirable motivation. But it would not be the first time the correct course of action was facilitated by it. Nor are political motivations the only ones involved. Again, just because someone can take advantage of a situation, does not mean it is a bad thing. Unless they exacerbate the problem in the process.

I am in agreement with you on geoengineering. I am wary of unseen consequences for any such large scale operations other than carbon sequestration. And that does not seem to be feasible as yet.

He is correct, btw, about the national security and military implications of global warming.

edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I realize that you don't consider Islam a military threat but, many of us do. If you can put yourself in our shoes, it makes more sense.

As far as the proposed military consequences, they are all connected to potential uncontrolled migration and humanitarian operations, not actual military implications.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No, I do not see Islam as a threat. I do see political and social turmoil in the middle east as a threat. Do you not think that such turmoil has contributed to, if not caused, the rise of ISIS?

Do you not think that climate change will exacerbate that turmoil?
edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I agree that carbon sequestration is a no-brainer.

My hope is that we can use the aerosolized carbon to build nanotubes for space elevators, etc.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
No, I do not see Islam as a threat. I do see political and social turmoil in the middle east as a threat. Do you not think that such turmoil has contributed to, if not caused, the rise of ISIS?

Do you not think that climate change will exacerbate that turmoil?

I really don't.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

No, I do not see Islam as a threat.

Its very disturbing how sticking your head int he sand has become a badge of honor for some.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

another idiot 'flat earther' has the power (Texas politician's IQ seem inversely proportional to the size of their state!)

So using the term "flat earther" makes your sound byte louder or larger...gee you label all skeptics as flat earthers. Real scientific of you!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: namelesss

another idiot 'flat earther' has the power (Texas politician's IQ seem inversely proportional to the size of their state!)

So using the term "flat earther" makes your sound byte louder or larger...gee you label all skeptics as flat earthers. Real scientific of you!

That is called a strawman fallacy, if you are interested.
And your dismissive attempt in calling my statement a "sound byte" is also noted.

I exhibited some intellectually honest skepticism about some ridiculous claim, and you come whining that I label " all skeptics as flat earthers", which is (absurd, in the first place) your constructed fallacy.
Otherwise link me.
It appears that you have 'nothing', other than a 'belief' that feels threatened.
If you find credibility in an article touting an 800 year old cell phone, that is your intellectual problem, not mine.
I have no trouble distinguishing between the extremely highly unlikely, and the likely.
As 'time travel' is not possible (as depicted in the movies), neither is an 800 year old cell phone.
I'm sorry that my reasonable intellectual skepticism disturbed your beliefs.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Considering that false data has been proven in the past, this seems a likely claim. As far as I am concerned, it's all been about money and power, not about real science or real truth.

Unless they can control the sun, they can't do much about global temperature patterns.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

When trying to understand the popular madness of the Church of Warmingology I recommend reading: "Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds" by Charles MacKay (1841).

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Are these the delusions of an avid climate skeptic or could there be truth to his claim.

They are the claims of someone who is ignorant of data gathering and analytical systems. Willfully ignorant or otherwise. Information on all of the data gathering and analysis is readily available.
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Are the political views of the people who gather the data also available?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Science has no political view, no agenda, ect..

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

But people do. Scientists are people.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Are these the delusions of an avid climate skeptic or could there be truth to his claim.

They are the claims of someone who is ignorant of data gathering and analytical systems. Willfully ignorant or otherwise. Information on all of the data gathering and analysis is readily available.
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Are the political views of the people who gather the data also available?

I made no mention of political views. I just pointed out that the person making the claims does not know what they are talking about.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Did you know the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses predicted global warming back in the early 1900's..

5. Is the end of the world really near?

THE BIBLE’S ANSWER: “When you see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near.” (LUKE 21:31)

The Bible prophets were inspired by God to describe conditions that would indicate an imminent end of the world. Consider some of those prophecies and decide for yourself whether they are being fulfilled in our time.

* Wars, famines, earthquakes, and epidemics of deadly disease. (Matthew 24:7, Luke 21:11)

* Significant increase in crime. (Matthew 24:12)

* The ruining of the earth by mankind. (Revelation 11:18)

* People who love themselves, money, and pleasures but do not love God. (2 Timothy 3:2, 4)

* The breakdown of the family. (2 Timothy 3:2, 3)

* General apathy toward the evidence of the approaching end. (Matthew 24:37-39)

* The preaching of the good news of God’s Kingdom worldwide. (Matthew 24:14)

As Jesus said, seeing “all these things” lets us know that the end of the world is near. (Matthew 24:33) Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the evidence is convincing, and they share their faith with others by preaching in 236 lands.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Science has to get funding from somewhere.
That source today is mostly government.
Scientists get paid to get the results whoever is paying them wants or they don't do science anymore.

Given the current administration's record you can pretty much count on them lying.
It seems to be Obama's specialty.

Everything has been politicized today.
Even the goddamn weather.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Lamar Smith. Seriously? The man's convinced that every scientist is involved in a giant conspiracy because they happen to disagree with him over something that he doesn't understand. I've been watching this twit for some time. He's an idiot.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Science has to get funding from somewhere.
That source today is mostly government.
Scientists get paid to get the results whoever is paying them wants or they don't do science anymore.

Given the current administration's record you can pretty much count on them lying.
It seems to be Obama's specialty.

Everything has been politicized today.
Even the goddamn weather.

(Facepalm)
This might come as a shock to you, but there are scientists outside the USA and they're almost all saying that climate change is happening as well. I doubt that Obama is funding scientists on a global basis to say that climate change is happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join