It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indian River Drains Out for the First Time Revealing Incredible Ancient Secrets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
In my opinion, it's a Shiva Lingam - the symbol for Lord Shiva, here's a sculpture from India below. It's a phallus representing the reproduction in nature.

That's a fairly elegant sex symbol.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

again that ever present theme of uniting opposites in this case presented in the form of the uniting of male and female energies. key to enlightenment and the creation and operation of the universe. the spiritual truth and representation of the hindu equivalent of the yingyang symbol.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: John333

All ideas come from one source: the human brain.

Since all human brains have followed the same path of biological evolution and function in pretty much the same way, it is hardly surprising that the same images, concepts and schemata will appear in different narratives constructed by different brains.

That fact is all we need to understand why similarities are sometimes noticed between ancient Indian mythology, Greek philosophy, modern physics, the work of M.C. Escher, the structure of the international financial system, the ravings of a lunatic and just about anything else you care to think of. These similarities have no significance; they are just a biological side-effect.

My advice to you is: accept and recognize the importance of differences as well as similarities.

edit on 27/12/15 by Astyanax because: of niggles and quibs.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Just based on a quick glance, they definitely look like some sort of alter to me. My guess would be some sort of ritualistic alter used for blood letting or something like that. If you look at the way they are deigned, it seems like the blood would flow down the dome part to the edges of the circle, then down the sides of the nozzle part and drip into the water.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Just based on a quick glance, they definitely look like some sort of alter to me.
They are altars, called Lingam/Shiva Linga/Shivling. There's nothing mysterious about them.

My guess would be some sort of ritualistic alter used for blood letting or something like that. If you look at the way they are deigned, it seems like the blood would flow down the dome part to the edges of the circle, then down the sides of the nozzle part and drip into the water.
Typical offerings are of flowers, milk, and/or water, not blood.
edit on 12/27/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
so you spammed ATS with a bollox click bait article - and made a load more crap up

Very true - if you have a look at the pictures you can clearly see the water level has not dropped by much - if at all!

link   
DP
edit on 27-12-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't know what they are, but it sure is exciting when the past decides to reveal something of itself. I love to see stuff like this!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Menrva
I don't know what they are,

Try actually reading the thread...

but it sure is exciting when the past decides to reveal something of itself.

Nothing has been revealed, they were always on display....
edit on 27-12-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If it's already been suggested then I apologize,

But consider the spiritual implications of water, and the importance of sacrifice to primitive society. Most likely this location at the base of the river was utilized at some point as a highly regarded place of worship for the purpose of sacrifice. The water would wash away the blood, the basins themselves used to mark the elders and participants of the ceremonies with blood of the sacrificed.

The various heights of the sacrificial palate's merely suggest that the river experienced natural rises and falls in it's standing depth, cycles likely measured by the position of the various celestial planets which also fascinated them.

Although dark, I think this is a decent explanation.

Best

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mmshelt
The various heights of the sacrificial palate's

??? What "sacrificial palate's" are you on about??

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: donktheclown

sorry snowflake - but reality doesnt care that is " doesnt seem right to you "

they are Shiva Lingas and thier purpose is clear - the article even identifies tham as such

get over it

The guy's name is donktheclown, not snowflake. I'm more of a lurker here lately, but ATS used to frown on name calling an baiting... That was a long time ago though. Reported nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Those are wonderful, I've never seen them situated in that way, and so densely (not that I have ventured far to look).

This is a particularly nice one that I photographed in the British Museum this summer...

Cheers for posting.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: Revolution9

You did not respect the article and made up a fanciful notion of what these are, which was wrong as the many replies here clearly demonstrate. You have to all intents and purposes mistaken your object.

Oh, please forgive me. I don't respect articles because articles are written by fallible humans, like you and I. They "prove" exactly nothing. Again, not mistaken, just asking.

There is no question what they are however. There was never a question.. until you created one. A healthy imagination is always good, but in this case, you are jumping to an awful lot of conclusions.

There are very few types of rock that conduct electricity. Since those rocks certainly don't look like graphite, or solid metals, I don't imagine they would be very useful in any capacity in utilizing / creating / channeling electricity. I'm not exactly certain what purpose you think these would have served.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Does anyone see what could possibly be a power grid or generator?

No.

It seems that the Indian river is giving up some secrets, and when I saw the carvings, a thought hit me like a ton of bricks that it looks like an electrical system. The water flow may have caused an electrical field at each node.

Why? Rock is a piss poor conductor. Also, flowing water does not create electric fields without a nice perpendicular H field.

One lump of wet rock is much like another to electric fields. The fact that you've got some shiva lingams making knob shapes doesn't cause them to be charged, because you look at power lines and see insulators that have sort of a vague similarity of shape.

In fact, the insulators' only function is to NOT be part of the circuit.

If you filled the river with salt water, created a very intense magnetic field that saturated the entire river bed at right angles to the flow and then somehow shot the water through with a big pump so you had a decent velocity, you could put metallic conductors on the banks and get a few volts. Fresh water and the Earth's magnetic field don't create enough to be measured in most cases. Much less be collected by rock knobs immersed in the water.

edit on 27-12-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
Dude, who pissed in your wheaties? Get a grip, man...
I DID read the thread and the couple different ideas thrown out, and was stating that no matter what they are, it's cool nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Discotech

The article tells you what they are, Shiva Linga/Lingams

Is that right? This is exactly why I hardly ever post anything here. Instant attack to a question. It must be wonderful to be you. Knowing everything and all. I don't give a bag of rat sh!t what YOU call them. Those carvings look to be shaped to perform a function to me, alright? Besides, did you participate in their construction? No? Didn't think so.

Here's something, flowing water creates electricity: For "know it alls"

But, being you, you already knew this.

Oh my God this is the saddest aspect of this site. Someone ACTUALLY DOES THE RESEARCH and you assault them and then move the goal posts. Talk about delusional and being completely contrary to denying ignorance. SMH, lol. "Besides, did you participate in their construction?" SERIOUSLY, lol?!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by donktheclown

Here's something, flowing water creates electricity: For "know it alls"

But, being you, you already knew this.

Actually no, that's a well known static induction generator setup. The way it works bears no relation to a river flowing in a bed.

It's a pretty clever setup but you have to have induction rings with the water breaking into drops inside the ring acting as a commutator. Nothing at all like a stream.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

This is awesome

And I don't necessarily believe online experts as to their purpose, not saying they are wrong I just don't know

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I know this sounds funny
But they remind me of juicers
You put the half cut orange
On it and all the juices pool down
The tapered end

But they must have huge oranges
Lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join