It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indian River Drains Out for the First Time Revealing Incredible Ancient Secrets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Does anyone see what could possibly be a power grid or generator?

What was going on here?

It seems that the Indian river is giving up some secrets, and when I saw the carvings, a thought hit me like a ton of bricks that it looks like an electrical system. The water flow may have caused an electrical field at each node. The larger rocks have conical tops on them and they are all so precise. I don't believe that all the work required was for decorative purposes - it couldn't have been, could it?....Please post what you think, I just wanted to show this....Weird

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Those are rock 'thingies' on land used as anchors for ropes that were used to dock boats, cross streams and pull barges up stream before the era of steam power, when river currents were too swift for oars or poles.

So river levels there used to be lower?

edit on 26-12-2015 by intrptr because: image

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Stripping my previous comment, excuse my ignorance on ancient indian alters on rocks, in rivers and stuff.

To Shiva

edit on 26-12-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Those are rock 'thingies' on land used as anchors for ropes that were used to dock boats

Oh heck no. They aren't similar. No provision was made in the design that would hold on to a rope. I would have put ropes on the nearby trees instead of carving rocks for months or years. That's just me...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Those are rock 'thingies' on land used as anchors for ropes that were used to dock boats

Oh heck no. They aren't similar. No provision was made in the design that would hold on to a rope. I would have put ropes on the nearby trees instead of carving rocks for months or years. That's just me…

Your boat would be pulled loose by heavy currents during flood season. Trees bend and break. Them rocks been there forever. They aren't going anywhere.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Fish traps ? As some one said earlier the water was lower at one time. If the water had been lower they would not have needed boats.This is strange . And why , if it was to tie boats off with , would they have made rounded tops ? They would have carved flanged tops.

edit on 26-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
SIGH - if people actually read the article - they SHOULD realise that googling " Shiva Linga " will be helpfull

what you are looking at its a type of alter

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Fish traps ?

Nets are much easier and have been around since the beginning of mankind. Besides, it seems like it would be way too much effort for that use, wouldn't you agree? IDK.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

if people actually read the article - they SHOULD realise that googling " Shiva Linga " will be helpfull

An altar doesn't seem right to me. How is that an altar? Those figurative carvings look like ones that would bring blessing to the functionality, to me. I'm not arguing - I don't know what the heck it is.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The article tells you what they are, Shiva Linga/Lingams a simpe google search will give you insight into just what exactly they are

But you go ahead thinking carved rocks are power generators because that makes much more sense....

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
SIGH - if people actually read the article ...

You do know how much you're asking, don't you? In the meantime, let's enjoy this thread while it lasts. It is brightening up a very, very dull day.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

sorry snowflake - but reality doesnt care that is " doesnt seem right to you "

they are Shiva Lingas and thier purpose is clear - the article even identifies tham as such

get over it

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
In my opinion, it's a Shiva Lingam - the symbol for Lord Shiva, here's a sculpture from India below. It's a phallus representing the reproduction in nature.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The article tells you what they are, Shiva Linga/Lingams

Is that right? This is exactly why I hardly ever post anything here. Instant attack to a question. It must be wonderful to be you. Knowing everything and all. I don't give a bag of rat sh!t what YOU call them. Those carvings look to be shaped to perform a function to me, alright? Besides, did you participate in their construction? No? Didn't think so.

Here's something, flowing water creates electricity: For "know it alls"

But, being you, you already knew this.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft That does look similar, thanks. I wonder why in the water, facing upstream like that, though? I was thinking that the water could have been diverted, the stones carved, and then the water redirected...

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

OP, you are barking up the wrong tree here.

They are just what the article says, Shiva Lingas.

Google "Lingam". It will tell you all about them.

"The lingam (also linga, ling, Shiva linga, Shiv ling, Sanskrit: लिङ्गं, liṅgaṃ, meaning "mark", "sign", or "inference") is a representation of the Hindu deity Shiva used for worship in temples. In traditional Indian society, the linga is rather seen as a symbol of the energy and potential of God, Shiva himself."

I have known about these a long time. They are a fascinating phenomenon. I would make a thread about it may be or perhaps someone else might like to. I have done a lot of research online about Shiva Lingam.

Remember, the Hindus have a sacred regard for rivers that is ancient. Think how they revere the Ganges.

"Boom Shankar" is appropriate here!

edit on 26-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

barking up the wrong tree here

Wasn't barking, just asking. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yes it is right

From the article

The receding river has revealed the presence of thousands of Shiva Lingas which were carved in the distant past along the river bed. The place referred to as “Sahasralinga” (thousand Shiva Lingas in Sanskrit) has become an extremely important pilgrimage site and thousands of people visit Sahasralinga offering their prayers to Lord Shiva. Shiva Lingas Shiva Lingas or the Lingam is a representation of the Hindu deity Shiva, it issued in temples for worship.

Are you trying to say the article is wrong ? Do these words not exist in the article

It's not about knowing everything, it's about being able to read an article

But sure it's a lot easier to make outlandish claims that they serve the purpose of generating electricity, makes for a better thread...

And your little outburst says it all about you, maybe it's better you don't post if you cannot handle responses

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
oh dear - snowflake is about to blow a gasket - lets pour some petrol on the thread .

first of source - clicknait articles from tabloid // suedo science " sources " that make claims tha :

secrets that have shocked the archaeological community.

should be viewed with suspicion - not lauded as revelations

further - just looking at the pictures shows that the " facts " of the tail are pulled out of someones arse :

there - see that exactly the same structures - in 3 different water states - further - you can see the river bank and grass .

also - look at the condition of the carvings - for an active river way they look remarkably preserved // undamaged

next - the area name - fook it gets worse - its already famous - for having exactly these carvings everwhere

oh dear

the only shocking thing about this tail is the bull# certain people are spewing over it

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

You do know how much you're asking, don't you?

The article was read. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join