It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you open Christmas gifts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Today, we don't celebrate holidays, so there is nothing to open today. We did take a drive early this morning, though. The whole town was eerily quiet so we drove around, taking it all in.

Whoa, that's exactly what we did. Then off to work for me....

Peace and Love

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Do you open them on Christmas morning or at evening on Christmas eve?

In my family we've had a tradition of opening our gifts at night on Christmas eve...when does ATS open their gifts?

Oh and by the way merry Christmas to my friends on ATS

Christmas Eve for my family,I'm surprised how much was spent on me this year,I got a sweet custom rifle.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Usually first thing in the morning, after a bit of coffee or tea.

Next year, I'm not going to put ANY thought into any gifts, I believe in reciprocation and I don't enjoy wasting my personal power putting effort, thought, time and money into others when everyone else treats me as an afterthought. Wee! A book I already own and have been sitting around reading for a month!

Sorry, hope everyone has a great Christmas!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
All the replies so far show what an impatient lot we have become.
In Victorian times, "Christmas boxes" were exchanged on the 26th, which is why that day is still recorded on British calendars as Boxing Day.
When I was young, we had the overnight "stockings from Father Christmas" to keep us going in the morning, but the present exchange "from the tree" was a ritual for the afternoon. Not a piece of string could be disturbed until the gathered company had watched the Queen's Speech (3.00 p.m., as every skoolboy kno).
Once the company had been joined by growing nephews, their impatience was indulged, and the ritual was transferred to mid-morning.
Now that I spend Christmas on my own, the question doesn't arise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join