It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boleskine House Is Burning Down.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi. Just a heads up from the Scottish news, Crowley's Boleskine House is currently burning down:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Firefighters have been called to a blaze at a historic property above Loch Ness.

Crews from Foyers, Inverness, Beauly and Dingwall have been sent to Boleskine House near Foyers.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said a large part of the property has been destroyed.

Boleskine House was owned by infamous occultist Aleister Crowley and later for a time by Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page.

The alarm was raised at 13:40.

Flames from the fire were visible from the other side of the loch.

A fire appliance from Foyers and another from Inverness were first sent to the scene.

Pumps from Inverness and Beauly along with a water carrier from Inverness, a pump from Dingwall and an incident support unit from Inverness have also been sent.

The place looks completely wrecked. I suspect what's left will have to be demolished.

Does anybody happen to know if there's anything significant about todays date?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
23 strikes again. December 23rd. 2015. 2+0+1+5=8. 8 is 2 to the third power.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

www.thelemapedia.org...

Some interesting reading about the Boleskine House and why Crowley purchased it.

According to the article, he bought it to perform a special ceremony!

Just out of curiousity, what does the significance of the house fire or fire in general represent to the occultist?

According to the link from above, the Boleskine House was considered Crowley's "Kiblah" (holy shrine in Thelemic).

"The Kiblah, then, represents to the focal point of the magical current of a cult or religious system, the reservoir of magical energy which can be drawn upon by all who devote themselves to its Mysteries. Most religious systems include a similar concept. Christianity and Judaism have their Jerusalem or Mount Sinai, the Samaritans have their Mount Gerizim, Hinduism has its Mount Meru or Mount Kailasa, the Greeks had their Mount Olympus or the Omphalos at Delphi. Thelema has its Boleskine."
edit on 12/23/2015 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: itsallmaya

fire in general is seen mostly as cleansing.

its an old house though so i chalk this up to a natural event rather then supernatural until i see evidence to point me in that direction.

That ceremony you mention is the Abramelen, i know i didn't spell that right but I'm at work finishing up a shift so lol

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: itsallmaya

fire in general is seen mostly as cleansing.

its an old house though so i chalk this up to a natural event rather then supernatural until i see evidence to point me in that direction.

That ceremony you mention is the Abramelen, i know i didn't spell that right but I'm at work finishing up a shift so lol

Lol, cleansing of a kind, the insurance kind of cleansing.

Without prejudice, I have read of so many mysterious fires that completely destroyed properties that had a renovation price bill too steep to afford. Insurance jobs are very useful to demolish hopeless old properties and bring lots of funds to build a new structure. Stately homes and historical properties are always a favourite. It is a way to get around the listed building limitations. What planning department can argue with an "oops" accident of a raging inferno?

Well I guess you can think that it is goblins doing it, but I think of naughty little human hands striking the match. Could be an accident, but there seems to be so many accidents involving expensive and historical properties. You would think they would be more careful. Darn it, Wayne and Waynetta Slob are more careful than these guys.

When you need a fire for your insurance scam
Call FIRESTARTERS for a free no obligation quote.

edit on 23-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Thanks for the answer regarding fire.

I never heard of this house and by chance googled it after reading the OP.

Very interesting in of itself!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Sad day. The energy will still remain the same, so if they can get this under control at some point it should be rebuilt back the same as it was originally designed to keep the spirits happy. What a drag huh? I was friends with Jimmy many years agao at time when he had very few friends if any. I think of what he must feel about this.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Who is the current owner of the place?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
originally posted by: Revolution9

Lol, cleansing of a kind, the insurance kind of cleansing.

Yeah, I hear yah. In these parts, we call it Jewish Lightening, lol.

edit on 12/23/2015 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

boingboing.net... 23 is a majikal number.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

SFRS said: "A large part of the property has already been destroyed by fire and crews are concentrating their efforts on the west wing of the building. "Crews in breathing apparatus are using four main jets to tackle the blaze and the incident is ongoing."

I don't see them saving any of it, to be honest. It looks too far gone.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

As of maybe 7 or 8 years ago it was fairly derelict. Folks would break in and conduct rituals, or just poke around to see what they could find. And it had become a bit of an unofficial crash for homeless people and kids wanting to party. But it had in recent years been bought by some property developers, who were wanting to build something on the loch foreshore.

Given Boleskin itself was class B listed (meaning it has special protections under UK planning law), this makes it much more expensive to convert into anything else, because any conversion work would have to preserve the original building.

So the idea that it burning down would be very helpful to current owners who wanted to build something else on the land is not an impossible one.

But likewise, to the best of my knowledge the property was unlived in and largely derelict, so it's not impossible to imagine somebody might have been camping in it and lit a fire and things got out of control.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It did still have the ribbon of salt around the house that Crowley laid though. I saw pictures of the place a few years ago, derelict, but ribbon of salt.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Does anybody happen to know if there's anything significant about todays date?

Not today's date but Crowley did die in December 1947 .

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

mystery buyer bought it from Page. i remember when it was sold...Mystery Buyer is all it said.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

mystery buyer bought it from Page. i remember when it was sold...Mystery Buyer is all it said.

Interesting, if I remember right was there not a very old cemetery near or part of the property?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Interesting, if I remember right was there not a very old cemetery near or part of the property?

There is, yes. If you look at the place on Google satellite view, you can see the old kirkyard directly across the road in front of the house.

There were rumours Crowley had a tunnel built from the house under the road into the graveyard.

The graveyard apparently long had a reputation for being super creepy, long before Crowley moved to the area. But, you know, stories, who knows if that's true.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Long interesting 23 antidotes
yiri.maniac.com...

The "23" Synchronity
SKIDOO

"What man is at ease in his Inn?
Get out.
Wide is the world and cold.
Get out.
Thou hast become an in-itiate.
Get out.
But thou canst not get out by the way
thou camest in. The way out is THE WAY.
Get out.
For OUT is Love and Wisdom and Power.
Get OUT.
If thou hast T already, first get UT.
The get O.
And so at last get OUT."

- taken from The Book of Lies,
written by Aleister Crowley

Although lately it has become all the rage, not everybody is aware of the "23" synchronicity. As we're talking about pattern-recognition anyway, I thought it wouldn't hurt to include a bit on this jolly phenomenon, just to add a bit to the fun.

I've generally organized the coincidences their related subjects

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I wonder why whoever bought it didn't move in or do something with the property...What a waste of not only a building in a beautiful part of Scotland, but a waste of some unique though unusual history.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: skunkape23

boingboing.net... 23 is a majikal number.
I am very familiar with Bob's writings and theories regarding the number. I've hung out with him a few times. Very witty and charming man he was.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join