It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British MP Angry After Constituents Barred from US Entry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

A British member of Parliament has written to Prime Minister David Cameron, asking him to challenge the United States after a British Muslim family was denied permission to travel to southern California at the last minute.

Stella Creasy, a lawmaker who represents northeast London, said in her letter to Cameron that a family party of 11 people -- a father, his nine children, and his brother -- were approached at Gatwick airport and told they could not board their flight to the U.S. on December 15.

Creasy told British newspapers that she is concerned that a growing number of British Muslim families are being denied entry to the U.S. with no reason given.

British MP Angry After Constituents Barred from US Entry

So it started... Decisions like this might bring issues with our friends, like Britain and isolate us in something that really should not represent America, but now it is really doubtful what really should represent us in world. (If you look at GOP candidates, it might be stupidity
)

Wonder on scale from 1 to 10 how high threat are kids wanting to go to Disneyland..

ATS, what you think?
edit on 23-12-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

The article doe snot really give enough information as to why they were denied entry. Until we can see what the reason was it is hard to make a determination as to whether this was an overreaction or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Did they fill in their visa application forms? Could they prove that they would return to the UK? That's the most likely suspicion that immigration officials have. When the Olympics were held in the UK, a good few international athletes decided they didn't want to return to their home countries.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The article doe snot really give enough information as to why they were denied entry. Until we can see what the reason was it is hard to make a determination as to whether this was an overreaction or not.

Actually article states that reason was not given... which is kind of issue here.

Wonder if this can create backslash for us... hope not... but you never know.

He said the children had been counting the days before their vacation to see their U.S. cousins and visit Disneyland and Universal Studios.

Creasy said she has been in touch with at least one other constituent who was denied entry to the U.S. without a clear reason. And she said she has hit a "brick wall" in her efforts to get answers from the U.S. embassy in London.

Creasy asked the prime minister in her letter to press U.S. officials for an explanation.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Actually article states that reason was not given... which is kind of issue here.

Which is what I said.

Wonder if this can create backslash for us... hope not... but you never know.

Until the reason they were denied entry is determined I think it is a non-issue. There are much larger tropes that radical Islamists can use besides, 'Faithful Muslim family denied entry into infidel playground'.

edit on 23-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
And what happened if there was no real reason to block them or if it was just because they were Muslims??

It might be interesting to follow this case... not that Cameron will do anything good... but again, you never know...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The family were refused on pretty flimsy reasoning or reasonable grounds, depending on how you view/interpret/believe the reasons.

Reason 1 ) The brother of the family was denied entry into Israel 10 years ago and stayed overnight in a cell.

Redon 2 ) An email linked to the address - supposedly the son - had information on Facebook or other social media posting and/or liking terrorist posts and propaganda.

edit on 23-12-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
And what happened if there was no real reason to block them or if it was just because they were Muslims??

Then it sucks that the family was unable to go on vacation. There are much larger travesties taking place in the world besides not being able to get to Disneyland.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

ATS, what you think?

I think both sides (the family / the US embassy) should explain themselves more thoroughly because this story is clearly not telling the full story.

To the US department that initially granted the visa waiver and then revoked it at the 11th hour - I think they should give the family a reason why they were all denied travel, instead of letting the father draw conclusions that it was because they were "Muslim". They should also explain why the $13k in tickets is not going to be refunded.

To the father, brother and their 9 children - where are the mothers of the children and why are they not on the family holiday to Disneyland and Universal Studios? In my opinion, their absence is out-of-character for such a planned and anticipated once in a life time family holiday, especially when it also apparently included visiting family in the US. There may well be a valid reason for their absence, still, I'd like to hear what it is.

Something just does not sit right with me about this story and I would suggest that the authorities (of both the UK and US) did not make this decision to deny the family their holiday lightly, it will be interesting to hear what the US Embassy has to say (if they bother even responding in public in-lieu of through closed legal means)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Oh you didn't know? As soon as you look at the Quran, you become a terrorist ranting and raving against the West. Kids included. It's the ultimate deception!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
To the father, brother and their 9 children - where are the mothers of the children and why are they not on the family holiday to Disneyland and Universal Studios? In my opinion, their absence is out-of-character for such a planned and anticipated once in a life time family holiday, especially when it also apparently included visiting family in the US. There may well be a valid reason for their absence, still, I'd like to hear what it is.

I was wondering the same, but again, with cost and that many children, might be just simple economic reason - and according to news, he has a brother there, who is USA citizen.

Seems this might get some world attention... wonder if they will have to answer why family was denied entry...

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There are many things we should be more worried about, but I think this post was more a jab at Republicans.

So it started... Decisions like this might bring issues with our friends, like Britain and isolate us in something that really should not represent America, but now it is really doubtful what really should represent us in world. (If you look at GOP candidates, it might be stupidity )

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Its their country they can allow or Deny who they like.

Though unless there is a reason there should be some compensation for lost money. USA tarvel ESTA are filled out weeks in advance so there is no reason they had to wait last minute until they got to the airport. They should of informed them weeks ago when they could get most there money back.

edit on 23-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There are many things we should be more worried about, but I think this post was more a jab at Republicans.

I believe GOP candidates itself place them in that position after call for no Muslims allowed into country (Trump), no child immigrants (Cruz) and only Christians (Bush and Carson)...

I agree that there are many things we should be more worried, but this just seems so wrong...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
We have muslim terrorist flooding into our country and this one can't get in. This looks like another planted media story to make muslims look like victims.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
We have muslim terrorist flooding into our country and this one can't get in. This looks like another planted media story to make muslims look like victims.

Yeah those dam dirty tourists comeing over there spending there money and creating jobs!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Amazing how you can blame GOP CANDIDATES for this, but not the Democrat PRESIDENT.

Last I knew, candidates for president aren't the ones setting policy.

Good try though!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No offense, but why Disney Land? Why not go to Euro Disney which is worse than Disney World but better than Disney Land? Let's not forget about the no fly poster boy:

Source

A native Oklahoman living in Qatar, who fought back against placement on the No-Fly List, is now accused in connection to a terror group. He was arrested reportedly for trying to join ISIS.

Let's let it hash out and see if a reason is given.

Edit: Also, what do GOP candidates have to do with Obama's administration? Are you serious?
edit on 23-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

No offense, but why Disney Land? Why not go to Euro Disney which is worse than Disney World but better than Disney Land? Let's not forget about the no fly poster boy:

Source

A native Oklahoman living in Qatar, who fought back against placement on the No-Fly List, is now accused in connection to a terror group. He was arrested reportedly for trying to join ISIS.

Let's let it hash out and see if a reason is given.

Edit: Also, what do GOP candidates have to do with Obama's administration? Are you serious?

By the sounds of it they had family over there in california.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, if the story is as given, no refund of the hefty amount of ticket money, no comment from the US, this is really shabby treatment against children. If one or both the two adults were under suspicion, then they should have been on a no-flight list.
I can well understand why some comments here are about Trump, Trumphery. This is in a way, an affront to the sitting US President.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join