It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn it! This sucks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

This will probably sound terrible, but I stand by it for acud...a tablespoon of more (however much you can stand) of apple cider vinegar in water. I use more as the acid I produce could etch plates for the US mint! And find an ambient sound with a kind if low pitch or go on YouTube and pull up "white noise". I like the one of the hum of a passenger jet. That and a muscle relaxer and I'm off to the Land of Nod! Sweet dreams Skid!!
yawn....

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
sigh...I can't sleep either and I have to be at a deposition at 9am in downtown.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I ended up having to get out of bed at 4:00AM since one of the dogs decided to barf on it.

Good times.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Have tried taking Melatonin? I have bouts with insomnia and when I do, I'll take 3 milligrams of Melatonin. It does the trick. It's better than taking sleeping pills with all those added side effects.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3
Thanks. I'll try that the next time I have heart burn.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Uh oh. How are you feeling now? Did you get some sleep?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Well that's nice. Was it chunky or creamy; the barf not the dog.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
I've tried it. I have to take a larger dose than normal but it does work wonders. I have none though. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Well that's nice. Was it chunky or creamy; the barf not the dog.

It was brownish and watery.

I hate cleaning puke.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I eventually got to sleep. I'm tired as hell now. I need stronger coffee.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Kind of like a weak gravy then. I don't think it would be good on biscuits.
I hate cleaning puke too. I'm liable to add to it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Kind of like a weak gravy then. I don't think it would be good on biscuits.

No, and it was not good drizzled on oatmeal either.

I hate cleaning puke too. I'm liable to add to it.

Normally I let the dogs do it but they seemed rather disinterested this time so I had to handle the chore.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Okay I gagged on that just a bit, imagining someone eating watery brown dog puke on oatmeal lol. Ewww!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You started it son, just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned but why not exercise? When I feel tired but my mind won't go to sleep, I just do a light workout. It knocks me out every time. And when I have the time, going for a long walk does the same. The "walk" can even be fast "laps" around your house or apartment if you don't want to go outside.

Exercise and putting a fan by the bed are the 2 quickest ways for me to force myself to sleep.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We are never really awake

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well exercise in my experience will usually wake you up for the first hour, and then you catch the fatigue in the subsequent hour. So it is a positive thing to do, but it has to be done a couple of hours before your planned sleep time.

Also when it comes to vomit, I prefer a scorched Earth policy of just throwing away everything that came into contact. This is why one should not allow animals to dwell within our sleeping quarters.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

try you tube and look up binaural beats, it is mixed in with music or such so you can't really hear it, there are ones to relax , to sleep,ones to help concentration etc...they automatically set your brain wave pattern to the one you pick for your need..

.sometimes they have trippy patterns on the screen...but you don't need to look at anything or thing or concentrate on thinking anything either......absolutely must listen with stereo headphones or it will not work

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Okay. I'm sorry I don't have links, but I did research on insomnia a few years ago, and I recall something in particular that may be relevant to your 'case' - at least as far as 'getting back to sleep' after suddenly waking...

...the worst thing you can do is get on the computer (or turn on the TV), again sorry no link and I can't quite remember the mechanics of it, but it has something to do with the 'form' of light they emit - even if you have the computer dimmed down - it affects certain receptors in your brain which have to do with your biological 'clock' which will inhibit your ability to fall back to sleep...

...by the same token, among the professional advice for insomniacs, is to avoid computers and TV for at least an hour (preferably two hours) before bedtime -

- also, keep the house lighting as dim as possible in the hours before bedtime, as well as if you awaken in the night. I keep 'night lights' that I can turn on in place of my regular lights if I wake up in the night and need to get out of bed for a bit...

...If you need something to 'do' before bedtime or during middle of the night wakings, I suggest reading actual books (with as little light as you can get by with), or books on tape/CD (make sure not to get material that is 'exciting', i.e. thrillers/suspense novels)..

Also, if you find meditation material online, it's best to get it on CD or an MP3 version, because I've read recently that some people are sensitive (insomnia-wise) to even having a computer turned on in the bedroom when they're trying to sleep -
- people will 'pooh-pooh' this, but I think there's something to it - and really, when it comes to something as important as needing sleep, I don't rule out any suggestion until I've tried it a few times.

Okay, that's all I've got - good luck!

edit on 23-12-2015 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join