It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Missing an Entire Day, Rather, I Apparently Slept Through It.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I remember yesterday, Monday, clearly. I went shopping with my aunt until about 3pm. She returned around 5 pm since she had left her license at a bank near my house and she decided to drop off some Christmas wrap and other things to me at the same time. A friend stopped by around 6 and stayed for about an hour. I left a voicemail to cancel a doctor;s appt for the following day as I had a lot of errands to do. I see phone records in regard to all of those.

I played Wartune until about midnight. Either before or after that I put up my last post of the day on here, the one about Hillary and schlonged.

I decided to go to bed. That is why I didn't answer any replies on that until about a half hour ago. I normally take a sleeping pill along with the last dose of my mild anxiety medication. I didn't take the sleeping pill. I just took the other. I found some sleep/meditation music on youtube of thunderstorms that goes 8 hrs.

I woke up, looked at my laptop next to the bed, I swear it said 6:13 am AND the thunderstorm music was still going. I turned that off.
I went to ATS, I posted welcome in a newcomer thread. I remember neighbors being loud outside and being annoyed that they were so early in the morning. One of my neighbors is a 'talk yeller', everything he says is like yelling, though he is only talking.

I decided I couldn't fall back to sleep and went downstairs to make a cup of coffee. I looked at the kitchen table and saw a pile of mail, apparently brought in by my housemate. I thought that odd, as I remembered getting mail the day before and I get mail late, like 4pm.

Sat down at the PC. I looked at CNN. I then went on here and I think the first post I commented on was about 'refugees being instructed in why rape was bad'. As time went on, I wondered why it was not light outside. It is winter, but when I turned around to look at the windows in the den, I froze. It was dark. very dark. It wasn't raining or storming. It was just dark.

I then looked at the right corner of my computer screen, that spot had been partially covered by a speaker. It said 9:48 PM.

I thought, maybe my computer clock was off, maybe there had been an update and I had simply woken in the middle of the night.

I found my phone, which was dead. I plugged it into the charger. 9:57 PM, 12/22.

I was stunned. I knew then, I had missed a day. I went to the store knowing my cats needed food and I had a letter to mail that was time sensitive.

I came back, still dumbfounded. I looked at my profile on here to check some times, which is difficult at my posts seem to be timestamped 8 hours ahead, but that is me not setting the right time zone on posts here or the system, it is always like that. I am EST. After figuring out what time zone my posts reflect when I look at them, I was able to confirm the time difference between my last post last night and my first post tonight.

It had been about 24 hours.

I have never slept so long. I don't feel unwell, just a little out of sorts.

This ever happen to anyone else?

edit on 22-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Not to me personally, but... not to alarm you or anything... I've known people who slept a very long time soon passed away from illness.

One most recently died from complications of becoming septic due to a ruptured intestine. She did not notice the pain, because she had taken a rather strong periodic pain injection for her back, I guess...

If you notice any odd coloration or any hints of pain, it might be wise to see a doctor.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
this may help your lost memories

There is about a 15 hour difference between 2 posts that I found. but the times on that list aren't quite right, even though closer to EST. and when I look at this thread, on this page it says posted 12/23 at 7:20 am. The current day and time here is 12/22 11:33 PM.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Probably not a terrible idea to mention it to your doctor & see what they say...

link   
I missed Thanksgiving. Somehow managed to bang my head really hard the night before. I woke up and it was dark outside. I thought it was early in the morning. It was night. It was a little disorienting.

link   

originally posted by: Greven
Not to me personally, but... not to alarm you or anything... I've known people who slept a very long time soon passed away from illness.

One most recently died from complications of becoming septic due to a ruptured intestine. She did not notice the pain, because she had taken a rather strong periodic pain injection for her back, I guess...

If you notice any odd coloration or any hints of pain, it might be wise to see a doctor.

Oh my. Thanks, I think.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
Probably not a terrible idea to mention it to your doctor & see what they say...

I will, ty.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Reldra I do hope the lost time was or is not due to any Health issues.
That being said, Perhaps You had been abducted? Yes I mean into or onto an alien, (or perhaps one of Ours), Ship?! I do believe in that sort of event happening to People... It is a possibility, in My Opinion of course...

ETA: Do You have any new scars or healed cuts that You think are recent?

edit on 22-12-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Reldra I do hope the lost time was or is not due to any Health issues.
That being said, Perhaps You had been abducted? Yes I mean into or onto an alien, (or perhaps one of Ours), Ship?! I do believe in that sort of event happening to People... It is a possibility, in My Opinion of course...

ETA: Do You have any new scars or healed cuts that You think are recent?

No, no scars or cuts that I know of.

Your theory is a little out there, but, I am normally a very vivid dreamer. I remember almost all of them. This is every night. I have no memory of any dreams from my long sleep.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

From You just now :

"I am normally a very vivid dreamer. I remember almost all of them. This is every night."

Ok then if You normally DO remember Your dreams, then why this?:
" I have no memory of any dreams from my long sleep."

I just found that odd Reldra. And Yah I am concerned that this may possibly be due to a health issue, so Please take the advice of ColdKidC and see Your Doctor...

( I still think it was a possible abduction situation...)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
hmm, Almost sounds like the Pre-holidays Blues, (non-technical term)

But it may be worth going to a doctor to check it out.

I know when I get one of my insomnia rushes I tend to have a crash 15-almost 30 hours afterwards. Needless to say my habit of a trying to jot my dreams down into a dream journal after one of those usually nets some really wild Idea's and Stories.

Either way it happened, you got some needed sleep, still err on caution first and make an appointment, I would hate if the issue was ignored and suddenly something happened and I do not get to read any more interesting Reldra posts anymore.

CoBaZ

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I will, thank you

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Medication mix?

Cold medicines can cause mind lapses.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You are Welcome Reldra. Best of Good Luck to You with Your Doctor Visit!! Happy Holidays to You and Your Family and Friends!!

Happy Holidays to EveryOne here, and to ALL of ATS!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I've done that a couple of times when I was absolutely exhausted. Sixteen hours straight, on several occasions, but never 24 unless I am ill.

I think you're okay. Just your body telling you it wanted to rest. (Oh, make sure there are no gas fumes or anything like that going on while you sleep though, make sure the room is empty of chemicals that might cause drowsiness).

The mind has to rest too, as well as we rest emotionally. We tend to sleep longer when recovering from emotional upsets.

Be well.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
hmm, Almost sounds like the Pre-holidays Blues, (non-technical term)

But it may be worth going to a doctor to check it out.

I know when I get one of my insomnia rushes I tend to have a crash 15-almost 30 hours afterwards. Needless to say my habit of a trying to jot my dreams down into a dream journal after one of those usually nets some really wild Idea's and Stories.

Either way it happened, you got some needed sleep, still err on caution first and make an appointment, I would hate if the issue was ignored and suddenly something happened and I do not get to read any more interesting Reldra posts anymore.

CoBaZ

No pre-holiday blues.
My aunt and I first visited a candy store with soda fountain. It has been there since I was a child, but she had never been in. I had a coke float and she had coffee with ice cream. She bought some fancy candy gifts for clients, she is an attorney. She bought a couple things for me that I picked out, some tea and a mesh 'tea egg'. She was thrilled with the store.

We then visited an antique store I like, we had planned to go since she is looking for quality clip on earrings (one of her earring holes underwent a 'caught on a button' accident a few years ago). She bought herself some earrings, paid for some I picked out and she bought a vintage Christmas table cloth for my mother, had it wrapped and had both of our names put on the tag as 'from'. She was thrilled with that store as well. I introduced her to the owner and they talked for some time. She gave me some cash for the holidays besides.

I played Wartune and all went well there. I was telling people I was going to play on a new server for 7 days starting the 26th to practice skills, I had set aside cash for that, doing that on Wartune is called 'doing a rush week' without leaving your current server. I went on Amazon and bought a book for my in-game husband for Christmas (they have that, like Second Life). he had asked what book I wanted before I went offline and I told him "Mentats of Dune".

It was a really, really good day.

And ty
I wouldn't want to miss my posts either lol

edit on 22-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I've done that a couple of times when I was absolutely exhausted. Sixteen hours straight, on several occasions, but never 24 unless I am ill.

I think you're okay. Just your body telling you it wanted to rest. (Oh, make sure there are no gas fumes or anything like that going on while you sleep though, make sure the room is empty of chemicals that might cause drowsiness).

The mind has to rest too, as well as we rest emotionally. We tend to sleep longer when recovering from emotional upsets.

Be well.

Maybe I did just need the sleep. Ty

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The only time that's ever happened to me was when I was super sick, pre Addisons Disease diagnosis. Used to sleep around 20 hours per day, it became totally normal.

Just wondering if maybe you accidentally took a double dose of the medication, like forgot you took it then took it again, I've done that before, on more than one occasion.

As some have said, it might not be a bad idea mentioning this to your dr. Hope everything is ok

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

The only time that's ever happened to me was when I was super sick, pre Addisons Disease diagnosis. Used to sleep around 20 hours per day, it became totally normal.

Just wondering if maybe you accidentally took a double dose of the medication, like forgot you took it then took it again, I've done that before, on more than one occasion.

As some have said, it might not be a bad idea mentioning this to your dr. Hope everything is ok

No, about the medication, even if I took a double dose, it wouldn't do that. After being prescribed clonazepam for 15 years, the difference between 2mg and 4mg is nothing.

ty
I will see the dr.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join