It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coyote Season tonight is breaking my heart

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Coyotes also kill people's pets like cats, dogs and goats. They also present a danger to small children and carry diseases like distemper, hepatitis, parvo virus, rabies and mange.

I get that you like these animals and I haven nothing against them, but when their population grows unchecked then it is time to cull the herd. You will never convince me that a coyote's life is more valuable than that of a beloved family pet or child. Sometimes life sucks.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Oh I feel so bad for you and understand. I too live in the country with the foxes, coyotes, deer, armadillos, possums, and raccoons.

None bother me, it's the two legged variety who want to cause drama,

My very small dog loves to be in the woods, my babies are very lucky to roam about, but she got caught in one of their fox traps one morning, fortunately for us, they released her and brought her back home, dropped her off in the front yard, in shock. I hate the damn trappers and the season. So, I put her in a warm blanket and put antibiotic cream on her wound and held her knowing she was just in shock. She came around and I bandaged the wound.

^ This shouldn't be happening to any roaming creature minding their own business in the woods....
..... makes me incredibly angry. Like I said, two legged creatures cause the most trouble.

Huggs...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
you called 911 to ask if it is coyote hunting season? that sounds like a mis-use of the 911 system, you should have just looked on the internet.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I'm so sorry

I was going to share a story - but never mind - it wouldn't help

I don't understand why they have to be so cruel

I hate it - it makes me crazy

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

There's no reason to torture them

None

As for the rest of it - we're responsible for our pets, kids and livestock. Nature has no place to move these days. There are ways to live with nature that don't involve brutality - it's just laziness and convenience that lead to abusive forms of culling

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The fact that you made a post belly-aching about it instead of doing anything else shows how much you care.

Sorry not sorry these whiny "I hate the cruel realities of life" posts just rub me the wrong way.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Hey brother, I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm certainly not in touch with animals like you are, but I just took a walk home from a friend's place, and uh as disturbing as this may be, i heard them (feeding). It was upsetting but i thought of you, don't worry, coyotes are doing their thing! I also don't believe Massachusetts has a coyote hunting season. I could hear the the what I believe was the alpha, howling, as what i would assume they ripped a dear apart. I howled back but i think he knew i was a fake!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax What is he gonna do go tell the sheriff that he loves coyotes and wants the abuse to stop? Or should he go take a bullet for one of them? If it's hunting season, their is sick people out there who wanna kill animals, it's mad #ed up, but I'm pretty sure this man cannot stop it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Thank you for that. It is a touchy subject that has merit on both sides except when it comes to cruelty and outright hatred for nature as what happened the other night. I really missed their song over the past few beautiful full moon nights.

That was really cool to hear your story and that you thought of me when you happened upon the nocturnal feeding. Why did you think it was a deer? Just wondering if you got the psychic impression or what?

The man I spoke of in the Op helped me realize that as you go about your normal routine such as walking home from a friends, they really do leave you alone. We have so much to learn from nature and I could go on and on about that, but wont right now. Perhaps a 2016 thread would be nice, especially if shtf and many city slickers end up in the deep woods.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Thank you, but want to say I am a Mom... not a Dad...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

THAT is what scares me now, that my babies could get stuck in a trap! Glad your story ended well and hopefully never happens again, bless your heart.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

OH my heart, such a beautiful video, oh my goodness, yes. Yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join