It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

educate me on how a person gets elected to be the president of the United States of America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's called the deep state. They run the show. They pick the candidate most likely to give them funding and will leave them alone.
The president is just there to hold status quo and satisfy public opinion. bringing large groups and powers together to get nothing good done. quelling national unrest and maintaining internal stability via political action is the actual job of the president.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You "win" the election...whatever that takes

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sounds like you saw some kind of union activity and you called b.s. on it.

But, somebody has to lead. Right?

So you're correct in seeing the con. It is a popularity contest. There are rules and laws and stuff, and people advertise for the office of president. Obviously groups of people with a lot of money can control a lot of advertising, and not just ads, but programming content and message bias. The whole thing is to get control of the entire planet Earth.

You get elected President because people with power want to see you as President.

You get to the White House by Googling a map and directions to Washing D.C. where I imagine you would want to do some washing at the White House or some whitewashing headquarters or whatnot or whatever.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well there's option A:

Work hard, never tell a lie, keep your word...

Okay who am I kidding, there is only one option:

Move to Chicago and become a community organizer.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You must Have money, connections and are able to speak to a child's mindset which is the majority of the populace. Then you're on the road to being the next big puppet! Its kind of like sugar, spice and anything and everything you can say to keep yourself popular. Its just a wheel of loss no matter the spin

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

18 minutes and 62 minutes although the entire video is fascinating and shows you the truth that all of the politicians are lowlife's just working for themselves and being paid by corporations

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Not sure if you're serious or what you're really asking for so I might not be answering with the information you want. Basically here's how it works:

In order to run for President you need to file with the Federal Election Comission, it requires a couple thousand dollars and some signatures (1000 I think).

Next, you need to file individually in each state where you want your name to be on the primary ballot for your party. This again requires a couple thousand dollars per state and some signatures (500-1000 usually).

After you've done this, you need to win the primary vote in that state. Each party has slightly different rules here but the gist of it is that you need to win more votes in your party than any other candidate. Each state holds their primary at a different time, first is Iowa, then New Hampshire, and so on, eventually culminating in Super Tuesday where many primaries are held at once. By this point a winner is usually determined, but if not more primaries will continue until someone is picked. This all ends in a convention to declare the winner (an alternative strategy is to make the primary irrelevant and get nominated on the convention floor).

Now you're eligible for the general election. The process is similar, you need signatures and to pay some money to register in each state. Some states have rules that even if you pay, you won't be on their ballot unless you're on enough national ballots to theoretically win.

Once the election comes around each state votes. Each state is worth a varying number of electoral votes and most are on a winner take all system. So if 51% of people in Ohio vote Republican, then the Republican candidate gets all of Ohio's Electoral Votes.

The first to 51% of the vote or 270 Electoral Votes (this is the same thing) wins.

Now, if you want the cynical answer that has to do with the back room deals and selling of ones soul for the funds to run, that's different. Politics is a dirty business.
edit on 23-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Not sure if you're serious or what you're really asking for so I might not be answering with the information you want. Basically here's how it works:

In order to run for President you need to file with the Federal Election Comission, it requires a couple thousand dollars and some signatures (1000 I think).

Next, you need to file individually in each state where you want your name to be on the primary ballot for your party. This again requires a couple thousand dollars per state and some signatures (500-1000 usually).

After you've done this, you need to win the primary vote in that state. Each party has slightly different rules here but the gist of it is that you need to win more votes in your party than any other candidate. Each state holds their primary at a different time, first is Iowa, then New Hampshire, and so on, eventually culminating in Super Tuesday where many primaries are held at once. By this point a winner is usually determined, but if not more primaries will continue until someone is picked. This all ends in a convention to declare the winner (an alternative strategy is to make the primary irrelevant and get nominated on the convention floor).

Now you're eligible for the general election. The process is similar, you need signatures and to pay some money to register in each state. Some states have rules that even if you pay, you won't be on their ballot unless you're on enough national ballots to theoretically win.

Once the election comes around each state votes. Each state is worth a varying number of electoral votes and most are on a winner take all system. So if 51% of people in Ohio vote Republican, then the Republican candidate gets all of Ohio's Electoral Votes.

The first to 51% of the vote or 270 Electoral Votes (this is the same thing) wins.

Now, if you want the cynical answer that has to do with the back room deals and selling of ones soul for the funds to run, that's different. Politics is a dirty business.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I really didn't know, that's why I asked. Your statement of "politics is a dirty business" come through very clear after watching the above video. Again, thank you.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73

18 minutes and 62 minutes although the entire video is fascinating and shows you the truth that all of the politicians are lowlife's just working for themselves and being paid by corporations

Thanks, I watched a bit more then half of it. Shocking I tell ya.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

They spend a # ton of money, Bribe a # ton of people and suck up to the biggest and most powerfull corprations and special intrest group and most importantly the banks.

edit on 23-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I really didn't know, that's why I asked. Your statement of "politics is a dirty business" come through very clear after watching the above video. Again, thank you.

Don't put too much faith in those videos. There's certainly some degree of conspiracy that goes on with government and politics but the truth is that in reality most people don't have much of a plan and there's a lot of different factions working with and against each other. For a true conspiracy you either need all of the necessary power consolidated into the hands of a couple like minded individuals or you need something that everyone agrees on, such as JFK... he had A LOT of enemies.

Where the real dirty work happens in elections is more in the process itself, particularly in the primary to become the parties nomination. While the will of the voters is usually followed there's not anything in our laws that says the public vote is legally binding. Each party can nominate whoever they want. For example the leadership in the DNC wants Hillary right now but the public wants Bernie. Because of this the DNC has fought against Bernie, such as scheduling his debates at times no one is watching, denying him voter data, and pressuring the big donors to give their money to Hillary.

I can think of no better example of this sort of backdoor tampering than Ron Paul in 2012. His delegates at the RNC weren't allowed to show up and vote for him and they officially nominated Romney with a voice vote on the floor that Romney clearly lost, but since it was based on the roar of the crowd it was subjective so the party can argue otherwise.

In the general election the only real issue is that each state has electors who cast the real votes. They usually cast those votes in the way the state voted but not always. Basically, this serves as a check to ensure that even if a popular jackass with ridiculous ideas rises to prominence and wins the election that person still won't get into office. You can think of it as the Donald Trump clause.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

Sounds like you saw some kind of union activity and you called b.s. on it.

But, somebody has to lead. Right?

So you're correct in seeing the con. It is a popularity contest. There are rules and laws and stuff, and people advertise for the office of president. Obviously groups of people with a lot of money can control a lot of advertising, and not just ads, but programming content and message bias. The whole thing is to get control of the entire planet Earth.

You get elected President because people with power want to see you as President.

You get to the White House by Googling a map and directions to Washing D.C. where I imagine you would want to do some washing at the White House or some whitewashing headquarters or whatnot or whatever.

First, you are right about the activity. Many here in there late 50 and upward recall the name "International Harvester" in East Moline, Ill. I was always puzzled why in the world in the old days did they wait until Christmas. Well, it probably was like this, they really don't sell farm machinery during them cold months, so the unions drum up the story of being patriotic to the unions, hey, great so far, on strike, yes I know for what, but I'll drop that part. It was all about keeping the workers poor, inline with the "gullible" game of "we're here to help and make change for you, yeah right, still no fans or air conditioning in "slave area" after 35 years. Anyway this answers your first part.

Your second part is spot on with a little humor. I watched that 3.5 video posted here. My conclusion is that all political promises are an illusion of betrayal to those with no power and then those with power understand this concept:

1. money
2. the mob (worldwide)
3. political connections (they pass the laws)

and the "Elite" that everyone knows and talks about, well, they stay in power because of "protection". So if anyone political figure wants to change the political direction of their country, well, they should just forget it because if they won't be bought, we know the story all to well, now don't we.

Thanks for replying to my thread. Much appreciated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join