It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of the Goatman, my personal experience.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
Well CRAP! I had three paragraphs written out to you about other experiences I've had like yours and my flippin computer froze up!

I'll sum it up now.

My dad, when he was 13 (1965), used to hear wooping sounds coming from the woods in the wee hours of the morning while he was in the field feeding the cattle. He said he used to make the noises back towards the woods. About 45 years later, we were watching some witness accounts about Bigfoot and one man said he saw two of them communicating back and forth by making wooping noises. You could have been out there among the goatman in PG, Maryland and not known it...

I believe I have a little child ghost that "haunts" my house. While sitting in my recliner one quiet Sunday afternoon, I heard a pitter patter that sounded like a child's footsteps run from the back end of my house, through the living room where I was sitting, and into my bedroom. My son, who was 4 and sitting with me at the time, looked up at me and said "What was that, Daddy?"

When I was single, I never slept in my bed because I like to snuggle, so I would sleep on my couch. I probably couldn't count on both hands, how many times I've heard my dryer door shut, or my refrigerator door slam while I laid there. I would casually lean over, grab the remote, turn the TV on, and go back to sleep. My fiance lives with me now, and she's heard it several times. It usually happens in my bathroom. Now here's the best proof I've got for that, and you can take this for what it's worth. After cleaning my bathroom thoroughly one evening, I noticed that I'd missed a spot on my mirror. I know I cleaned it the best because that toothpaste spatter can be hard to remove sometimes. So I get up to the spot and I notice a child's hand print. I have four boys, I compare the print to all my boys. At that time, they were 4, 6, 7, and 9. The print was bigger than my 4 year old's print, and smaller than my 6 year old's print. So I could always have proof, I snapped a picture. I can't prove the hand comparisons, but I can sure show the picture. You can zoom in and look for any other spots and you won't find anything.

i1140.photobucket.com...

There are lots of weird and unexplainable things in my small town. It's been rumored that True Blood and Salem were/are filmed there and in the surrounding area because of all the supernatural things that have been seen. And both shows have shown satyr creatures in them.

All considered, with whatever is in your house, I think I'd be ordering it out! We had something in the place we lived before where we are now, that seemed "childlike" in some ways. My three younger ones were all small when we moved in there, and they would romp up and down from and to the basement quite a lot, since two bedrooms were down there. Where my computer was set up was between the living area and the kitchen, in a wide area. I could see into the kitchen and dining room, which covered both ways one could exit the basement stairs to get through the house. Now and then, I'd catch movement from the corner of my eye, which seemed to be one of the kids going past, but then all three would go past, and it was clearly not one of them I saw. This happened several times. Not car reflections/shadows, nothing from outside, and no one else there it could have been. The freaky part came when I was online in a video chat with my eldest, who is grown with her own kids (yeah, mine are that spread out!). Behind me was a view of one tiny portion of the living room, and the hallway. Right behind was a desk, with some boxes we hadn't unpacked yet stacked in front of it. Well, she got a very odd look on her face, and asked if one of the kids was playing behind the boxes. I said they weren't, because I knew they were all downstairs. She then stated she saw what sort of looked like a child peeking over the boxes, but not quite like a child. I couldn't get her to give a better description. At that point, I'd had enough, and ordered whatever nasties might be there out, since this was MY house. After that, no more odd child shape passing by me.

Ignoring it as you have been doing isn't bad, but tossing it out is better.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

Believe doesn't make it real or provable though. Beside do u know what ancient Hebrews did to Goats or people who commit crimes, like infidelity or premeterial sex, sex crazed goat men?The forecast would be rain for weeks if they caught one of them. They might have stayed in Greece for a reason.

From what I believe.

edit on 29-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: LSU0408

Given your distinct description of his horns, would this fit the image more accurately? (but with more goat-like features in the face, or course)

Yes, but the legs were more human at the knees. Hairy, but not as hairy as the picture shows.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

As logical as that sounds, the pitter patter was about 5 feet away from me when it crossed through my living room. My living, dining, and kitchen are a big open 35' x 35' area of my house. Standing at the front door, I have three bedrooms and a bathroom down the hallway to the right, and my bedroom and bathroom to the left. Sitting near the center of the house, the running came right past me. I didn't feel anything, but whatever I heard was definitely on the floor and not above me.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

No, we ran into each other in 2006 and talked about the events of that night. Plus I know she wouldn't have messed up our fun time. I really wish I could explain this thing better, it looked nothing like a costume or a prank. And on top of that, my gut feelings have never let me down. Too many factors played into this to lead me to believe it was a prank or a costume, but I'd be skeptical if I wasn't the one in the truck that night, or if I'd never seen something like this, or supernatural before.

Yah...So my first thought was movie costume and cast having fun. By the road name you listed...you are just outside of Shreveport and there was a movie filmed in Shreveport called Goatman...but it was 2013, so doesn't align on dates.

Louisiana is one of the hotspots in crypto world specifically for Goat men..

If it was real then I would have to say super-natural vs. unknown species. The ubiquitous nature of cell phones and trail cams these days excludes large species living in populated areas IMO.

Yes, that road is about 15 miles east of Shreveport I would say... They made a movie called Goatman???? Wow, I didn't know that. There are definitely some interesting things around here. True Blood was filmed here, as is parts of Salem.

I actually saw something last night. I went next door to have a beer with my neighbor and as I was walking back home, I came down my driveway and shined my light towards the back of my property. I saw two sets of blue reflecting eyes behind my middle pond about 100 yards away. I thought it was something in the tree until the eyes slowly moved down as if something was crouching. Then it moved behind a tree enough that my light didn't catch the reflection. I walked to the right and caught the eyes again, it moved further left. I walked to the left to catch it on the other side of the tree but didn't see anything. When I moved back to my original spot, I caught the eyes again. The lower set of eyes followed the higher set of eyes in a delayed time. Almost as thought whatever it was had a smaller one and would guide it in the direction it was moving. I could even see the eyes blink as I would lose the reflection during the blink.

When I get home during daylight hours, I'll go check out the area where I saw it. Look for tracks, hair, tree scratches, or any other signs. But not at night, I only have a 357 revolver and I don't know how effective it is against something in the wild that would stand that tall.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Oh yeah! I want to see that... I didn't know what it was based on though, very interesting and thanks for the information and work you put into your post. It's greatly appreciated!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

My house is haunted as well. I actually have learned to cover for the ghost in order to not freak my wife out...who is easily freaked out.."yes honey that was me talking to myself in the back-room" "that was just me knocking on a wall" etc. I think she knows I lie, but it is preferable to her to believe me rather than completely freak out.

The only time I myself got freaked out was when we heard clear whispering and a chuckle over the baby monitor while my wife and I were lying in bed. That had me bursting into the nursery with my sword ...no errant bullets near babies..I am usually OK with ghost stuff, but that night still gives me the chills. When the kids were younger they would talk in detail about a couple different "friends" that would visit them at night. Even drew some pictures...one of them was bald with pointy ears and my daughter said it's head would poke up through the floor up and down and play "peek-a-boo" with her at night. My sister and mother were cooking in the kitchen one thanksgiving about 15 years ago and a salt shaker flew through the air between them and cracked a window. That was the only time we had something near poltergiestish..The rest is just noise and harmless mischief and not very often. I have had guests "see people" sometimes...always the same two people...one a woman with flowing white dress usually turning a corner, the other a midget or "little person" dressed formally. Not much activity in recent years though. Oh...and there is a whistler...strange, creepy tune usually late on summer nights..that freaks me out and has caused me to do room to room searches and around the house with my .45 ...last time I heard the whistler maybe 2 years ago. I was alone heard the tune being whistled outside and went out in the yard (surrounded by woods) walked around the house and then heard the whistling again from back inside the house..Not faint either, but clear, whistling of a creepy tune. That had me breathing hard going room to room.

edit on 30-12-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

That's creepy about the shadows you were seeing... As far as the voodoo, yes, it's still practiced in LA, but mostly in New Orleans. Marie Leveau is a prime example. She's recorded (in writing) as saying that after her sister was murdered, anyone that desecrated the grave would pay dearly. When the Superdome was built, it was built over the old cemetery she was buried at. We all know how shoddy the Saints played throughout their entire franchise. In 2009, before the season started, a priest was hired to lift the curse of Marie Leveau. The Saints won the Super Bowl that year. That's just a little fun fact.

I know wicca is practiced around parts of this area up here in the northwest. Voodoo here is very possible.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

see here:
- Deer: yellow or white
- Fox: blue or red
- Owls: red
- Raccoon: yellow or green
- Horse: white
- Dog: green or blue
chesapeakecurrent.com...

I did once encounter two wolves in upper Michigan on a foggy night...they had greenish/blue eye shine in my flashlight beam. Raccoon or Coyote would be first guess...depending on how far apart the eyes appeared...raccoons can climb trees and give the false impression of height.

The Louisiana swamps and woods...that is a hotspot for the unusual and supernatural...and going back about as long as people have lived there.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I saw it, but she started screaming before I could even say anything. And she'd seen just what I saw. It would be one hay of a coincidence if we both saw the same thing without saying what we were seeing. If I'd said something first then the possibility that she was going along with me would have been in my thoughts, but she saw it before I said anything which negates that idea. In my opinion anyways. I was just feeling guilty about going, and I didn't mention it in the OP, but I thought it was a black guy until I got close.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bm2112

Indeed... I know nobody on here knows me, but I would never share a story like this if I there was a chance I didn't see what I'm claiming to see. I believe if an experience matches eerily close to mine, you're probably hearing the truth. There could be people that heard about things and made a story up, but the closer it resembles what I saw, the more chills I'd get by reading it.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha
What you saw remids me of something that came directly out of a celtic mythology. The celtic people wre the first people to mention magical options, human-like folk that lived hidden from us and were hard to come by.

What you describe is similar to a krampus. Like really similar. The horns matches. Does this look like what you saw by any chance?

That's exactly what the horns looked like!!! YES! The body was more human, a mixture of the legs but with the hoof for the feet. I didn't see a tail, and the body wasn't that hairy. I don't recall the ears though, I don't think they were that big, but that's the closest drawing I've seen that compares to what I saw. EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Man that sends chills all over my body!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Negative, I don't think any teens ever went missing around here. But then again, nobody else used that spot, I would have known because we were there nearly every weekend. And I'd tossed several rubbers out of my window and onto the sacred ground below me. Ugh, so shameful I feel about all of that.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Check out my last post. What I saw had a mixture of the human and reverse jointed leg with hooves.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It doesn't feel like an imminent danger or anything. Actually, it feels almost like the comfort of another child in my house that's bored and just trying to have fun.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the eyes. Being 100 yards away, give or take a few yards, it SEEMED like the eyes were 2 to 2.5 inches apart. It was hard to tell. The smooth motion of this thing squatting makes it hard to think it was a coon, and it for sure wasn't a dog. Do you think a coon would run off if your lights shined on it? I kept it on there for probably 2 minutes while the eyes moved and I tried to follow them. Could have been longer but I don't want to exaggerate. Plus there was that smaller set below the bigger set.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha
What you saw remids me of something that came directly out of a celtic mythology. The celtic people wre the first people to mention magical options, human-like folk that lived hidden from us and were hard to come by.

What you describe is similar to a krampus. Like really similar. The horns matches. Does this look like what you saw by any chance?

That's exactly what the horns looked like!!! YES! The body was more human, a mixture of the legs but with the hoof for the feet. I didn't see a tail, and the body wasn't that hairy. I don't recall the ears though, I don't think they were that big, but that's the closest drawing I've seen that compares to what I saw. EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Man that sends chills all over my body!

That is Krampus..

The Feast of St. Nicholas is celebrated in parts of Europe on 6 December.[13] On the preceding evening of December 5, Krampus Night or Krampusnacht, the wicked hairy devil appears on the streets. Sometimes accompanying St Nicholas and sometimes on his own, Krampus visits homes and businesses.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think you said the sighting was Dec. 19th?...still in the Krampus season though...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the eyes. Being 100 yards away, give or take a few yards, it SEEMED like the eyes were 2 to 2.5 inches apart. It was hard to tell. The smooth motion of this thing squatting makes it hard to think it was a coon, and it for sure wasn't a dog. Do you think a coon would run off if your lights shined on it? I kept it on there for probably 2 minutes while the eyes moved and I tried to follow them. Could have been longer but I don't want to exaggerate. Plus there was that smaller set below the bigger set.

Coons do do the head bob thing. kind of slowly bobbing their head around and keep young close by...often multiple sets of eyes at night..Coon is possible..but only you know for sure.

Do a google image search for ... raccoon at night green eyes..

From a cryptoid perspective...a field I used to follow...the tip offs to look for are unusual smells that trigger high alert. The idea being we are still wired from primal days to recognize and fear large wild beasts. You get a strange scent and your adrenaline goes off even if you are not sure why.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well, at least that's something! As for the rest, we all did some things as kids we would not do now! If it didn't bug you now, then is when you should worry!

You know, thinking about it, maybe one reason others didn't use the spot was that it was so creepy. The creepy place where I was a teen, no one would ever have considered parking anywhere near! Ever heard of Midget Mansion? I saw the site in daytime once, and it was creepy then! Of course, they actually found real evidence (made the local news) of animal sacrifices up there some time later, so I shouldn't be surprised.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It doesn't feel like an imminent danger or anything. Actually, it feels almost like the comfort of another child in my house that's bored and just trying to have fun.

This one didn't feel like anything at all, which was weird. Just made me think it was one of the kids. The reaction of my older daughter is what spooked me. She sees things sometimes I can only feel, and says they do not look at all friendly. So, given how she reacted, I didn't want it around. I have had cat-like things before, though, that didn't bug me at all. No threat, nothing. So I get what you mean. All in all, though, I like being someplace without a hint of anything!

A cousin of mine had a ghost for years. Well, I think more it followed his dad, my uncle. The cousin saw it a couple of times, though, once down the hall, and said the "guy" waved at him. In their house, the bathroom was reached through a laundry alcove, and passing through, you would usually feel someone brush against you, when no one was there, and you weren't bumping into anything. Never anything scary, but very odd! The tie it sat on the bed next to me, I didn't like, though!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join