It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of the Goatman, my personal experience.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I believe he exists because I've seen him and I'll share my story here.

Friday, December 19, 1997. It was the premier of Titanic and I had tickets for my high school sweetheart and I to go. Our plan was the normal same ol same ol. Go to a movie, leave early, and go have our fun before I had to drop her off at her curfew. It was easy to find an entrance driveway to a field on a back road on the outskirts of the small town we lived in but sometimes on the weekends there would be a few cars driving by and we didn't want to get caught so we'd head over to an overgrown cemetery nestled into the dense woods that was no longer used. The gate always stayed open and it was easy access on a dark road that only had one small travel trailer that someone lived in, roughly 3 miles away. Being 18 and a bit disrespectful in a sense, I'd toss my protection out of the window and onto the ground when I was done. This had been going on for about 3 or 4 months.

Lately, my GF had been having nightmares about a figure of a man with a goat's head. She said he'd chase her and as soon as he'd reach out to grab her, she would wake up. When I picked her up for school that morning, she looked pale and I asked what was wrong. She had that dream again she said. But this time she said the goatman got her. She pulled up her pants leg and showed me for scratch marks. I dismissed the marks and said that since she had a kitten, the kitten probably saw her leg moving during her dream and scratched her. However, this looked NOTHING like a cat scratch, especially a little kitten. It actually looked demonic like something you'd see in today's movies.

Around 6 that evening, I was getting ready to go pick her up for our movie date to Titanic. I started getting an eerie gut feeling. Before I left, my sister told me she had a nasty feeling about tonight so she asked me to be very careful. Well I got my GF and we made it to the Regal Cinema. If you've ever seen Titanic, you'll remember the scene where DiCaprio was in that old car with Winslet. That was the scene where we left Shreveport and headed to our little spot. It was about 30 minutes away. The closer I got to that cemetery, the worse my gut feeling got.

I can't tell you if it was my GF's dream, the scratches I saw on her leg that morning, my gut feeling, or my sister's gut feeling, but something had me wanting to turn around the closer I got to this place. Well this was it. I turned on Harold-Montgomery Road and I rounded the curve about 50 yards from the cemetery and I see someone standing at the entrance. CRAP! Someone knows we've been coming here and they're waiting on us. There was no way to know it was me going there, but my guilt had me feeling like they knew it was me. I start to slow down just a little bit and my GF says "Is that someone standing at the gate?" Yes. Someone is there at the gate.

As we get closer, I can see that this isn't a man, and I'm not the only one that can see that this isn't a man. Beside me, I can see my GF out of my peripheral leaning forward and looking harder, slowing saying what......... in........ the............ hell.....? That's when I get close enough to make out what I see. A man's body, hooved feet, spiral horns and goat's face. Not like you see in the movies or images that are drawn out on the internet. The horns were more like gazelle horns. Very muscular body, but not wielding any type of weapon. Just standing there, daring me to stop. I can remember his solid black eyes and his head turning to keep a look on me as I drove by. At the same time I noticed what this was, my GF began screaming "OMG! GO GO GO!!!" I began driving as fast as I could, hitting the potholes and breaking hard for the tight curves, not wanting to look in my rearview mirror.

I don't do drugs, never did, and I wasn't drinking that night. We were both as sober as one can be, and we both saw the exact same thing. 11 years later when the story was mentioned again, I decided to Google the goatman. That's when I read that in the legends, he preys on young lovers in the woods. I immediately got chills down my spine, and still do as I tell this story. I don't have a link to back any of this up, but I do have a memory that makes this all feel like it was just yesterday.

If you've ever seen something similar, please share. My friend got a kick out of his friends claiming they saw a goatman figure in the woods back in 2011. When I told him my story, he didn't laugh at them anymore. So obviously it has been spotted at least three times in the area where I'm at.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I love personal experiences like this! S + F !

Since you mentioned you did this for the past 3-4 months at that time, is it possible someone dressed up as the Goatman so care the living crap out of young lovers?

Of course this doesn't explain the dreams your girlfriend had.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Are we talking about a "pan" type mythical creature?

Interesting story

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski
I love personal experiences like this! S + F !

Since you mentioned you did this for the past 3-4 months at that time, is it possible someone dressed up as the Goatman so care the living crap out of young lovers?

Of course this doesn't explain the dreams your girlfriend had.

Anything is possible. I'm not a skeptic by any means when it comes to mythological creatures/things, but I would probably have a hard time accepting this if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes, AND the fact that my GF saw it and screamed before I could say anything. So anything is possible. But the creepy thing is, nobody really knew about this creature other than Prince George's County Maryland because the internet wasn't prevalent back in 1997. If someone dressed up, they did a fantastic job and it worked, but to my recollection, I'm not sure how someone could dress up that well. Plus the coincidence of her goatman dreams that only we knew. That gate was never opened again after that. Even today its closed.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Man that's creepy! So, the legs were human like with cloven feet or goat-like? Was he clothed? Just trying to picture if it could've been someone in an elaborate mask or costume.? I've seen some weird things myself but never anything like that, I'd probably need a change of undies! lol
Thanks for sharing your story!

sorry just saw your post about dressing up. Weird that the gate was never open again!
edit on 22-12-2015 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Are we talking about a "pan" type mythical creature?

Interesting story

Kind of, but the horns were more like a gazelle in the way they spiraled in an upward position. I'd never seen a movie with anything resembling what I saw.

Here's what the horns looked like:
fullhdpictures.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

If what the OP is saying is true, I wonder if Pan's Labyrinth has some basis to reality?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Well I guess these guys kind of had the idea of course this being a sexy female version. My ears always perk up a bit when I hear stories of mythical being encountering, and I believe pan is a God of sex I would have to read more I forget, with that being said the context that you experienced him would fit into the mythological narrative. I have some ideas about all this, anyway interesting story

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That's scary as hell. You're lucky you didn't stop.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
Man that's creepy! So, the legs were human like with cloven feet or goat-like? Was he clothed? Just trying to picture if it could've been someone in an elaborate mask or costume.? I've seen some weird things myself but never anything like that, I'd probably need a change of undies! lol
Thanks for sharing your story!

sorry just saw your post about dressing up. Weird that the gate was never open again!

Someone being dressed up is an interesting take, and something to think about. I know he had something covering his nards but no shirt, no pants, and the feet looked like horse hooves. Being in December, someone would have been freezing standing out there waiting for a car to come along. There are a few stories about those woods along that road and peeping toms. There's a legend about a Confederate soldier that walks around in those woods that people call "Squish Thump" because his legs were blown off in the Civil War by a cannon and he only had wood for one leg so as he walks, you can hear the thump of the peg leg, and then the squish of the meat on the other. I don't believe that story, but I do believe there are peeping toms out there, or used to be.

There have been houses built on the road since that event took place 18 years ago this past Saturday, but you go here to Google Coordinates and type in these coordinates, I've dropped you directly in that graveyard. I really wish I could show y'all how creepy that place was back then when there were no houses other than that dimly lit travel trailer, and no oilfield locations.

www.gps-coordinates.net...

Coordinates:

Follow it north to Carter Rd, take a right and follow that to Parkside Landing, the lot on the right where bushes are grown around now, that's where my GF lived. That night was the only night I stayed over at her house because I refused to leave. My mom didn't mind that night because she knew I wouldn't BS just to stay there.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That's scary as hell. You're lucky you didn't stop.

Absolutely. I'm even more lucky I didn't run off the road or pop a tire on those potholes.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

If what the OP is saying is true, I wonder if Pan's Labyrinth has some basis to reality?

I didn't know it at the time, but I know now that something like this had been spotted up in Maryland and one of the stories I ran across a couple of years ago claim that this creature migrated from Maryland to Kentucky, to Arkansas, to Texas, and now Utah. So it's very possible what I saw was making his way west and where I'm at in Louisiana is only about 20 minutes east of Texas.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Thanks. If you find anything interesting, let me know...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Cool story. I watch Monsters and Mysteries in America and there are too many eyewitness accounts of various unexplained cryptids to discount.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I agree. I know some things are made up, but some, although most haven't witnessed them, would almost have to be real.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah, that sounds like something out of D&D. Imagine live action role playing (D&D in real life, more or less) and running into one of those fellas. Run like hell and remember that you're only as fast as the person in front of you.

edit on 22-12-2015 by Skid Mark because: linky stuff

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Someone being dressed up is an interesting take, and something to think about. I know he had something covering his nards but no shirt, no pants, and the feet looked like horse hooves.

i would bet there were other kids who knew where you liked to go and also who heard of your girlfriends dreams so this would be a reasonable idea. I would assume such a place was pretty dark. Goats have small split hoofs not at all like a horse.

Just glad you both stayed safe regardless of who or what, certainly not safe out in the woods at night.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

S&F for the well written post.

Personally, I'd have stopped. My fight or flight mechanism is outta whack. I chase after my fears for some ignorant reason.

Chased after some weird things in the woods. Probably gonna run outta luck one day. Glad y'all made it out safe and with a cool story.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That's when you knock them down and keep running, or grab them and pull them along.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

This was just the face of a goat with gazelle horns. The hooves were definitely too big to be that of a goat. At times, I've wondered what would have happened if I'd stopped or crept by. Nobody knew we went there though, we both knew a cemetery was always a bad idea and didn't want anyone thinking we were weird like that. I'm 6'2" and this thing had to be at least a foot taller than me so that rules out any of the local kids, plus it was very muscular. In a town of 500 (at that time), you know everyone. So in a sense I can say another kid dressing up is logical because of the small town talk and somebody HAD to know, but on the other hand, the size of this creature rules that out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join