It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House flies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

They don't multiply without a food source. Usually rotting garbage. Green and blue bottle flies are cadaver flies, like from dead animals.

Could be in the walls, the ceiling, a dead rat in the heater duct, mouse under the stove, behind the fridge. I guarantee the source is there somewhere, Don't stop looking till you find it.

If they don't go way after a couple days then its a bigger source than you think, probably a dead animal.

I know you say you've looked, but the flies can't materialize out of thin air and thats a fact. You're dealing with insects not Hollywood horror movies.

Links

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I don't blame you. I'd do the same. It's day time where I am.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Tomorrow I will remove everything off the counter tops. I did find a dead squirrel in the wall a year ago

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
So I have an old farm house that all of a sudden is kinda infested with small house flies. Just mainly in the kitchen.

I have checked the basement under the kitchen, no dead rodents, no flies.

Anybody know a remedy to get rid of them? I have googled it but just come up with fruit flies. Not fruit flies. Small house flies. I put up a fly strip and have maybe 100 stuck to it in a few days.

It is warmer than normal here in s. Michigan but never had this problem before.

You used a fly strip? You're evil. There are other ways of clearing your house without pinning them to sticky tape. Who the f#ck do you think you are?

They're just trying to make a living like the rest of us.

How would you like to be glued to a piece of polythene?

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be very pleased.

I think the ultimate sin of mankind is thinking that we are somehow better than every other living creature on this planet.

Shame on you.
edit on 23-12-2015 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

well actually I do feel kinda bad about but I did not invite them in so who the F#$% do they think they are?

And yes I do think I am better than a fly. lol

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

well actually I do feel kinda bad about but I did not invite them in so who the F#$% do they think they are?

Did you manage to sort the problem out mate?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

well my wife (almost called her gf) cleaned hella good, removed all foodstuff from counters. I took down the fly strip, killed some flies today. Just checked and only saw 1 fly. So maybe it was just food stuff on the counter.

I guess I will know in a day or two. Seemed like an inordinate amount of flies for any time of year, especially since I didnt have this problem this past summer.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You won't be lolling when the insectoid aliens invade and you're at the top of their list! You killed a bunch of their spies, they won't be pleased.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join