It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House flies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So I have an old farm house that all of a sudden is kinda infested with small house flies. Just mainly in the kitchen.

I have checked the basement under the kitchen, no dead rodents, no flies.

Anybody know a remedy to get rid of them? I have googled it but just come up with fruit flies. Not fruit flies. Small house flies. I put up a fly strip and have maybe 100 stuck to it in a few days.

It is warmer than normal here in s. Michigan but never had this problem before.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In the movies, it means you have an evil entity in the house. LOL Seriously though, I'm not sure what to do, but those pest strips seem to be working, get some more of those.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Have you had rodent problems and put out bait? That will do it! I get mice and once in a while a rat will find it's way in this house. I trap and bait and yes once in awhile the flies come out. They can die in places you can't look nor get at, so I would guess you have a small dead critter somewhere.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Bug zapper light and fly strips, only hope of fly control. Rotten fruit can bring them too.

My dogs catch our flies.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Beelzebub!

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

If you start shouting out obscenities about people's mothers then you might need an exorcist.

Sounds like something dead in the house or very close to it.

Like the beginning of a horror movie.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So I have an old farm house that all of a sudden is kinda infested with small house flies. Just mainly in the kitchen.

If mainly in the kitchen there has to be some rotting something for them to reproduce in.

Look again.

Btw: What color are they?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The house is a repo so no rodents(no food)... no signs of rodents.

Evil entity? we just got married this past weekend, who is it lol...

I thought something dead in basement but nothing...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

small black like house flies.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
But she does have some food container thing on the counter top. I will get rid of everything there. still have dog and cat food on the floor.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Please be careful!

And, if you don't mind spiders....they will eat your flies...

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

if you saw this house when i bought it you would believe that

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

So I need spiders too? lol

The horror story gets worse
edit on 22-12-2015 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Search under stove, fridge, cabs, countertops for old crumbs or food of some kind....easy to miss dark dark places.

Also.....check area where you see the most....

PS Congrats on the marriage...
PPS And now? Flies will be the least of your worries!!!!!
PPPS Just kidding..

MS
Michigander too....

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sure, nature is great for taking care of itself (sometimes)...LOL

I just happen to dig 'em but, they certainly aren't for everyone AND you wouldn't want to become overpopulated with THEM.

The average "house" spider should live only around two years or so so there's that....although
the house fly only lives about 2 weeks to a month so....

Now, what do I do with all of these darn spiders?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Sure, nature is great for taking care of itself (sometimes)...LOL

I just happen to dig 'em but, they certainly aren't for everyone AND you wouldn't want to become overpopulated with THEM.

The average "house" spider should live only around two years or so so there's that....although
the house fly only lives about 2 weeks to a month so....

Now, what do I do with all of these darn spiders?

Well if I remember correctly you need to get a bird to catch the spider that ate the fly...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I was going to post that but you beat me to it lol. That scene just goes to show that it could always be worse.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I will remove everything from counter top. I just renovated the kitchen last winter so should be nothing under the countertops or stove.

I have lived in old farm houses my whole life so flies and spiders are not new, but this just seems overly abundant

will not spray chemicals upstairs, although i did spray my basement thinking thats where they were coming from. even though not a single fly down there

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Apparently, you need an old lady, a spider, and well a list of weird stuff. Or maybe a Venus fly trap or pitcher plant.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: Revolution9

if you saw this house when i bought it you would believe that

Well congratulations on your wedding. I wish you lots of happiness in your new house. Yes, you got to pin down where those little Beelzebub minions are coming from.

Someone else said here that it could be somewhere you cannot reach even like between the walls.

Just for info it was the Hebrews that came up with the term Beelzebub. It translates as "Lord of The Flies". They did this to demonise the pagan Canaanite God Baal Zebul “Baal the prince”. The gospels even tell us that the term Beelzebub was still in use at the time of Christ. Christ Himself uses the term to derogate the Baal as Prince of Demons. Lots more to this but just giving you a rough outline.

edit on 22-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I know, with all going on in thw world this is a bit trivial... until its your kitchen lol...

Honestly I reckon when it hits below 0 temps my problem will be gone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join