It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary, guns, civil war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hillary frightens me
I am not even from the US and her rhetoric frightens me

I can't get the idea of her attacking the second amendment, taking away guns and starting another civil war amongst the two heated and angry sides.

It frightens me more that since Obama became president 100 million guns have been soled, almost like people are arming themselves, preparing for the unknown

From a distance I see two very different factions forming, and it's beyond heated

So what is the feeling in the US

And to be honest I don't think much of Trump either, strikes me as a warmonger who has a hissy fit if he doesn't get what he wants, bad combination for a leader

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hillary is just pandering when she talks about firearms control, she knows nothing will get approved.

She is just being your typical slimy politician.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

What parts about her rhetoric frighten you exactly? What has she said specifically that frightens you? Also the rest of your thread is just overblown hyperbole. Yes, tons of people buy guns whenever Obama starts talking about gun control, but that is because they are fearing a "gun grab" that will never come.

I feel like this thread should either have gone into the Political Mud Pit or the Rant forum. There is no substance in it...
edit on 22-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Hillary is the physical manifestation of every scumbag politician stereotype there is.

But no one is confiscating American's guns. It's logistically impossible.

(post by Granite removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What parts about her rhetoric frighten you exactly? What has she said specifically that frightens you? Also the rest of your thread is just overblown hyperbole. Yes, tons of people buy guns whenever Obama starts talking about gun control, but that is because they are fearing a "gun grab" that will never come.

I feel like this thread should either have gone into the Political Mud Pit or the Rant forum. There is no substance in it...

You are welcome to your opinion

I don't pretend to know, an extra 100 million guns since Obama became president, sounds like some people are repairing for a war
The NRA would seem to be taking it seriously, call hem nutters or what ever but they seem to be taking it seriously

I think the gun grab will come under Hillarys reign, hence the post

Just another question, what are the percentages for and against guns

It sounds like Obama wants your guns, many seem to agree, you don't have to

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What parts about her rhetoric frighten you exactly?

Men died under her watch. "What difference does it matter anyway" was all we got out of her.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
You are welcome to your opinion

Thanks. I'm glad I have your consent on that.

I don't pretend to know, an extra 100 million guns since Obama became president, sounds like some people are repairing for a war
The NRA would seem to be taking it seriously, call hem nutters or what ever but they seem to be taking it seriously

A war that the other side has no intention of starting.

I think the gun grab will come under Hillarys reign, hence the post

Why? What parts of her rhetoric make you think this? You aren't being very clear here. Just empty fears and paranoia. "I'm scared of these people because I'm listening to the American right wing press." That's all I'm getting from you.

Just another question, what are the percentages for and against guns

Not what you are thinking. Did you know that liberals and Democrats not only OWN guns, but they like using them too?

It sounds like Obama wants your guns, many seem to agree, you don't have to

Well yea, because I care about facts and evidence. Not fear and emotions.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

What parts about her rhetoric frighten you exactly?

Men died under her watch. "What difference does it matter anyway" was all we got out of her.

Men die under a lot of politicians' watch. How many people died fighting Bush's war in Iraq?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Men die under a lot of politicians' watch. How many people died fighting Bush's war in Iraq?

This thread isn't about Bush. If someone had asked about that I would of said what I thought about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

This thread isn't about Bush. If someone had asked about that I would of said what I thought about it.

It was a rhetorical question anyways. The point was to show you that rhetoric is just hallow. What is so scary about a Hillary Presidency that is outside the norms of any other politician?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It seems gun control is a stance that almost all Democrats are now on board. And with quotes from prominent Democrats, the public should be worried.

Hillary states that she believes in Australian style "Gun Buyback". (which is really a gun confiscation by another name)

“I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.” - Obama

"If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
- Diane Feinstein

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Our guns are safe. Trust me, no one will attempt a gun grab in the US.

That would end very badly for whoever tried.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't see how they could confiscate guns without a complete military takeover. Kind of ironic, a person's rights can be taken and detained indefinitely.

edit on 22-12-2015 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The gun numbers can generally be chocked up to a couple of things:

1. The fact that the Democrats continually talk about tightening gun restrictions and bringing back "assault weapon" bans and the like. This makes people who want a specific gun (think AR or AK) in the back of their mind move it to the forefront in case a ban goes into effect. I call those the knee-jerk reaction gun buyers.

2. Rhetoric is high concerning personal protection against possible terror attacks, so more people are buying concealed-carry style weapons and getting their carry permits in order to be protected. This hopefully comes with them training properly in the situations for which they purchase these firearms, but sadly, I'd guess that maybe 10-20% do appropriate training.

3. Baby boomers are aging, and as people get older and feel less capable of protecting themselves physically, they resort to purchasing firearms for home protection. My dad and my step-mom have both applied for concealed-carry permits in California because they're in their mid-60s and smart enough to know that it's time that they had something other than aging fists or purses to swing at would-be attackers.

4. General gun enthusiasts, such as myself, never stop buying guns, so the numbers will always be increasing. Some people think that one gun is enough for an individual, but people who buy them for the right reasons (hunting, personal protection, target shooting, competition, collecting, etc.) generally own multiple guns for multiple reasons. Generally, more than one hunting rifle is needed by hunters for different sizes of game. I have one pistol for winter concealed carry and a smaller one for summer. I have a shotgun that is meant for home protection, and an AR15 that is generally just for fun, but could be used for hunting as well if I ever got into that (but I'd probably buy a different hunting rifle for that).

And I'm sure that there are other reasons, too, that I'm not thinking about. My point is that you shouldn't really read into the numbers and the political climate and deduce that Americans are preparing for a civil war, as the vast majority of gun owners don't think that way. But, having been in the military, I'm certainly prepared and capable if anything like that ever broke out...and I don't think that it'd be hard to choose a side.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

This. This about sums up my opinion on this matter perfectly.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I would also include that younger citizens are also becoming more concerned with the constant erosion of our rights and our not as easily sucked into the gun-ban paradigm.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

The gun numbers can generally be chocked up to a couple of things:

1. The fact that the Democrats continually talk about tightening gun restrictions and bringing back "assault weapon" bans and the like. This makes people who want a specific gun (think AR or AK) in the back of their mind move it to the forefront in case a ban goes into effect. I call those the knee-jerk reaction gun buyers.

2. Rhetoric is high concerning personal protection against possible terror attacks, so more people are buying concealed-carry style weapons and getting their carry permits in order to be protected. This hopefully comes with them training properly in the situations for which they purchase these firearms, but sadly, I'd guess that maybe 10-20% do appropriate training.

3. Baby boomers are aging, and as people get older and feel less capable of protecting themselves physically, they resort to purchasing firearms for home protection. My dad and my step-mom have both applied for concealed-carry permits in California because they're in their mid-60s and smart enough to know that it's time that they had something other than aging fists or purses to swing at would-be attackers.

4. General gun enthusiasts, such as myself, never stop buying guns, so the numbers will always be increasing. Some people think that one gun is enough for an individual, but people who buy them for the right reasons (hunting, personal protection, target shooting, competition, collecting, etc.) generally own multiple guns for multiple reasons. Generally, more than one hunting rifle is needed by hunters for different sizes of game. I have one pistol for winter concealed carry and a smaller one for summer. I have a shotgun that is meant for home protection, and an AR15 that is generally just for fun, but could be used for hunting as well if I ever got into that (but I'd probably buy a different hunting rifle for that).

And I'm sure that there are other reasons, too, that I'm not thinking about. My point is that you shouldn't really read into the numbers and the political climate and deduce that Americans are preparing for a civil war, as the vast majority of gun owners don't think that way. But, having been in the military, I'm certainly prepared and capable if anything like that ever broke out...and I don't think that it'd be hard to choose a side.

Thanks for the reply, I am better informed.
Sad when the elderly need guns for protection isn't it

Must be lots of wild game in the US

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join