It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Of Thrones Season 6 To Be Watered Down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The directors of the hit TV series Game of Thrones have said that they have taken on board the criticism from the Sansa rape scene and will look to water down any gratuitous sex scenes in future seasons of the show.

Link

While I can understand it was a shocking episode, that is GoT. It isn't a happy world, it's the gritty real life that happens whether we like it or not.

Most of the complainants obviously weren't fans as there have been much more gratuitous scenes than the one in which they complained about.

It's the PC brigade at it again, jumping on the band wagon to wreck it for the rest of us.

Now I'm not saying it's the gratuitous rape and sex scenes that make me a GoT fan, but let's not forget that GoT is a package which includes many things like sexual content, graphic violence and good old drama, and that's the package that's made it so successful and intriguing.

What we have is the politically correct police, finding something to complain about, to bend it to their more socially acceptable means.

It's rated 18 or R, or Mature, for a reason. These people need to grow up and realise horrible things happen, and that trying to turn a blind eye and sweep the nasties under the carpet isn't going to get rid of the problem.

All we've got now is a great show watered down, because the PC crowd got offended.

I just hope the directors, haven't been swayed too much, as they may find the viewing ratings plummet.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well that sucks. I think they should remain true to the nature of the books and leave things as brutal as they've been in previous seasons.

link   
I could really do without any of the sex scenes myself, but I am a huge fan of the show and that's what it comes with so....

Don't like it? Don't watch it. It's not coming on PBS or your local news station during the family dinner hour. It's on a paid cable channel (that should really be blocked for younger children if that is your fear) that you have to seek out and pay for. Then you have to seek out air dates and times... If you don't like the show then why the hell are you doing that?

I don't like Barney and think Sesame Street has a character that teaches kids how to talk with a lisp... I don't watch either program and didn't let me daughter (simply couldn't sit through it myself). I certainly didn't expect to send them a quick not about changing anything for me.

A whole freaking generation of "It's all about me". Pretty soon all of your m&ms will be confiscated and recolored to make them more appropriate and neutral.

**** edited out my mistake. See below as I was corrected.

edit on 12/21/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DAZ21

I guess they forgot it's only a TV show and not really happening?!?!?

People suck and will ruin anything. Even fiction. How sad.

link   

edit on 21-12-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No, this is not "real life." It's a damn tv show that has dragons and all manner of other magical creatures.

Keeping a repeat performance of child rape off a FICTIONAL tv show is hardly "the PC brigade" at work.

And yea, I'm a fan of the show.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sweet! A phony spell caster Nigerian scam. I've seen this one go around other places but never ATS before.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I like blood and guts, and I like it to be portrayed as realistic as possible.

Rape?
That's a sensitive issue and needs to be handled as such.

But if its an essential part of the storyline etc then......

I'm no prude, not by a long shot, but I think its important that if GOT is to continue in the same vein then it must be broadcast after the watershed along with a disclaimer before each showing.

If anyone subsequently gets upset then they've simply got themselves to blame.....pretty simple really.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thats fine with me.......

I love the show, LOVE it , me and my girl both do

We are FAR FAR from prude, but honestly much of those sex scenes did nothing for the show.........

There were plenty of times where they would just "Pop" up and ad nothing of value , nothing to the story line, just skin and raunchiness......

i can remember her turning to me and say "Did I miss something, where did this come from" on several occassions...

I get the backdrop of the story and the time that its in etc etc........

But much of the sex scenes were nothing more than shock factor and "click" bait for better word

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Actually the Sansa Rape scene is NOT in the book.
Nor did she marry the jerk.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's not part of the books. The Sansa rape storyline was concocted entirely for TV, though it's based on a storyline of a character that only briefly appeared in the show.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That's what good fan forums are for.

Either way... I do agree that they should air a warning before episodes, after that, nobody can complain.

ETA - Thanks for the correction. That's what ATS is for.

edit on 12/21/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Well that sucks. I think they should remain true to the nature of the books and leave things as brutal as they've been in previous seasons.

But the sansa rape never happened in the books.

Im all for putting in the brutality.

But only if its integral to the story.

It goes to far if they do it purely for the shock value.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Social justice warriors and anti-free speech zealots strike again!

Not being PC was a big part of what made this series so successful.

But once again cowards caving into demands made by a few whiners ruins it for everybody else.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Of all things I've read or watched with GOT, Gotta say, reading the incest scenes is harder that watching it on screen.
Gross

edit on 21-12-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Actually I would say they caved to concern for their ratings, not "social justice" as you've termed it.

I'm sure they'll still have gratuitous sex scenes though, don't worry.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Game of Thrones is the most overrated p.o.s show I've seen. If they didn't throw a nude scene or socially contradicting scene in regularly, it would be the slowest damn show and nobody would watch it.

Seriously, you watch an entire episode and practically NOTHING happens....except boobs.

And they leave you hanging. ..."oh, next episode the dragons are going to kick @ss"....nope, just more drama.

Good riddance

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Nothing to do with social Justice Warriors. Everything to do with people rightfully being concerned about a thematically and narratively pointless rape scene involving a child.

What did the scene add that we didn't already know? Precisely nothing. It was gratuitous and in very poor taste.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join