It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear ATS, have you ever...?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Struggling to find the best forum for this, to be honest.

I would like to ask a question, and I think it's best aimed at forum mods and real old timers of ATS.

Have you ever been asked/told/advised to take a thread down for any reason? Perhaps the topic and contents reach too close to home for TPTB/POTUS/NWO... or are you so independent that, even if that happened, you'd have/let posts carry on regardless?

Are we monitored here by those aforementioned groups? Can we expect a knock on our front doors if we post something that upsets the "ruling class"?

Personally, I think they are all a bunch of tossers but I'm quote interested in ATS's thoughts.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
Have you ever been asked/told/advised to take a thread down for any reason?

Nope.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Any thread that violates T&C will get taken down without your consent (no questions asked ). You agree to that when using the site.

With that said. No i have never been asked . however I have had members request that i stop posting in they're threads .
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wow, quick reply! Pretty clear cut then! Cheers!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Sorry, I should have been clearer - it wasn't a question of against T&C's, more like the alphabet agencies forced a thread delete... if you catch my drift.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Believe me.

You *Don't* want to know.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The TVA once HHed me and asked if I could hit up the FJUA and cc' the WPA before the TFA & ANA replied my G14, but otherwise.... nope

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i doubt the TPTB (i really hate that term) have ever had any influence on this site.
90% of binned threads i suspect are due to t&c's regarding some kind of vulgarity, the other 10% maybe for not wanting to be associated with certain things and alienating potential ad revenue.
all of which i think is quite fair.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Only the site management could answer this one, because only they could receive and act on the request.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
a reply to: Kapusta

Sorry, I should have been clearer - it wasn't a question of against T&C's, more like the alphabet agencies forced a thread delete... if you catch my drift.

Oh alright, maybe my comprehension of your OP was a bit off.

I can't say that i have ever experienced that.

If somone has I hope they will come forward or bring it to the staff's attention.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh just saw your clarification.

Don't think the alphabet agencies are forcing threads to poof.
Though, every once in a while Augustus will spill the beans of the super secret Illuminati plans tho.
edit on stMon, 21 Dec 2015 16:19:36 -0600America/Chicago1220153680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh wow - this thread got moved to a different subject! Now my conspiracy tricorder is on full and my phaser is set to stun!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That's not what he is asking, it sounds like he is wondering if abc groups have asked for threads to be removed.

Nvm seen that you edited your reply
edit on 21-12-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Sremmos80

That's not what he is asking, it sounds like he is wondering if abc groups have asked for threads to be removed.

Nvm seen that you edited your reply

Yep, exactly that,

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If you think they don't have an online presence, you haven't been paying attention to the world around you.
Additionally a thread doesn't need to be pulled when it can be trolled to death.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Fwiw i have seen a couple threads that disappeared that i thpught was strange.

One was not to long ago about the viral so called mysterious video that suppose to have a bunch of codes embeded within the song, background images and hidden torture scenes. Reddit has the thread open. I think its a hoax but for what ever reason it was made to disappear versus thrown in the hoax bin.

The other one was something along the lines where religion and GOD were actually evil and Satan associated versus the traditional view of GOD.

However the house always win so not sure what you are hoping to get out of this?

Personally i would i would prefer the threads locked and moved to an area not available to be seen by non members but this aint my house , Im just a guest.
edit on 571231America/ChicagoMon, 21 Dec 2015 16:57:25 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I have witnessed new posted threads vanish without a trace that did ask legitimate questions about happenings within a time frame .....sure , this pace is watched ...imo

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I've been preemptively restricted from discussing a certain topic due to the nature of my work. Its been made very clear that "resources being applied" to monitoring of my non-work related online activity is a "strong possibility".

Nothing as nefarious as you are suggesting though OP. If a third party ever tried to shut me up on here I would have to get all Jason Bourne on them. And I would hope most others here would do the same.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Certain forums here have gotten the attention of three letter agencies that monitor that sort of stuff - ie Aviation Forum. From what I understand if the Feds don't like something you posted to the point they want it gone. They'll call you directly and yell at you. Or at least that has happened to a member in that previously mentioned forum. But that instance was because he posted something classified.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I have witnessed new posted threads vanish without a trace that did ask legitimate questions about happenings within a time frame .....sure , this pace is watched ...imo

The mods close threads that will likely attract too many "haters", most threads can be moved as the OP already understands.
ATS does a pretty good job of flying below the radar so we don't end up the target of any MSM snipe hunts looking for radical extremists.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join