It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics, why doubt ufo's?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: slider1982
I think being a open minded skeptic was how I looked at it, I have been a Astronomer and even a limited Astro photographer We watched it for about 10 seconds then it vanished. We both looked at each other and was like WTF was that, she was looking at me like I would have a answer and I had no idea what it was??..

The big question is Lockheed or Boeing... Just playing, but it is a good point...

Indeed, my only explanation I could give is that it could be a TR3B or similar, I would have been sold on that theory if there where 3 lights but this only had one at the very front point..

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MDT20

I think you suffer from the same problem a lot of people do when it comes to UFOs. You jump immediately to thinking the phenomenon must be aliens because of your own limited thought processes mingled with the influence of popular culture.

When in fact Unidentified Flying Objects will always exist until the very last one of them become an Identified Flying Object. They are almost certainly a number of completely different things. Many of them being perfectly natural or man made objects that the witness(es) could not comprehend at the time. Some could even be entirely individual experiences 'in the mind' due to various stimuli to the human brain.

Here's a video to illustrate genuine UFOs ,which very few people think are alien spacecraft, but they remain unexplained to date.

Just out of interest, do you believe ghosts are the spirits of dead people?

There is a lot of 'evidence' presented in that field as well. But it's generally considered nothing more than 'entertainment'.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Indeed, my only explanation I could give is that it could be a TR3B or similar, I would have been sold on that theory if there where 3 lights but this only had one at the very front point..

When I flew C-130s on training missions in the US at night we flew without nav lights when we had NVGs on. If it was military then they play by different rules. It surprises me that any non-earth UFO would have any lights other than maybe the engine since they typically do not need to follow FAA rules and why would you need lights in space? I do not think the space shuttle had any exterior lights as example.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

When I flew C-130s on training missions in the US at night we flew without nav lights when we had NVGs on. If it was military then they play by different rules. It surprises me that any non-earth UFO would have any lights other than maybe the engine since they typically do not need to follow FAA rules and why would you need lights in space? I do not think the space shuttle had any exterior lights as example.

Very good points,

In my example I simply can't say what it was, I have never seen anything like it before or since and if it was not for being with someone I would have second guessed the observation.

I do think many people "see" a UFO esp if they are simply looking up into the sky without any prior knowledge of what they may be looking at it is why I like to hear statements from people that know the night sky be it astronomers, pilots etc etc as they tend to be more credible.

link   

originally posted by: htapath
It is my opinion that there are also representatives of several three letter agencies who monitor this site for certain types of posts, UFO reports being one of them.

Most folks around here agree that the more likely candidates for government shills are not the ones who pooh-pooh or ridicule UFO sightings, but rather pump up the disinformation channels such that UFO reports all seem ridiculous in context. People who "know" beyond a doubt that UFOs are frequently alien spaceships (but are unable to produce verifiable proof) are among the prime suspects.

link   
My "theory" is that IF we are being visited by "aliens" from outer space, then those aliens are part of a breakaway human society that once flourished on this planet before us.

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of intelligent life existing somewhere else in the universe, but that whole light speed thing and the vast distances make it highly unlikely that we'll ever meet.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

In my example I simply can't say what it was, I have never seen anything like it before or since and if it was not for being with someone I would have second guessed the observation.

I do think many people "see" a UFO esp if they are simply looking up into the sky without any prior knowledge of what they may be looking at it is why I like to hear statements from people that know the night sky be it astronomers, pilots etc etc as they tend to be more credible.

I guess that is why they call them UFOs...hehe

My case is kind of sad. 10,000 hours of flying all over the world and like you a lot night watching and nothing...so sad.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
My "theory" is that IF we are being visited by "aliens" from outer space, then those aliens are part of a breakaway human society that once flourished on this planet before us.

How far back would that breakaway might of happened?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

In your experience, would it make any sense for a terrestrial
aircraft to have 3 dim red lights (didn't seem to be of any
use for illumination or warning of "do not approach") and
one bright white light (as bright as a high intensity
arc light) that did not blink or vary in illumination?
(no other lights of any kind).

Thanks,

Kev

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Mild language alert
Do sometimes wonder why, though no answer yet - need to discuss this "what are aliens doing" branch first and maybe I'll have a better idea of skeptics, so...

Ha, It's not like there's an Earth like planet every 5 planets like a Welcome Break on the M1 motorway. Perhaps they just stop here to pee and occasionally grab some burger meat when visiting some far more interesting galaxies. Whatever the case, there's something there, it doesn't really want to interact with us and there's not a lot we can do about that. IMO it's safer just to say "something" rather than any certain thing, maybe some higherups know more but whatevs.

And I think thats important for disclosure, "whatevs", we ALL just have to believe "aliens, meh". Like it's a done deal. Like it exists and its done and its lame. Then any of those higher-ups lose that power, that power that is construed through a question that can be squeezed and worked, "are we alone". Are we alone meh. No we're not, shutup. Next problem - corrupt politician. World hunger. Etc..

Whether someone is a skeptic or not, they surely understand the logic in just being over it as if it exists - to further human advancement - their own advancement perhaps - not like we have become a super intelligent robot race kind of advancement, but that we understand ourselves, the possibilities, our own cosmic alliance, and where we as individuals go carrying that information around inside us. And then just do the dishes, move the online banking money over to the landlord, buy groceries, whatevs.

Maybe aliens are more meek than we make out, like I say they just want to pee, but we're all like glorifying it let alone being played by certain "power hungry" types - perhaps. Why would they go take a piss in New York when they have a much quieter option like the Antarctic. My point is, I think they need to do it, and they come here to do it, they just don't make a thing out of it like any of us wouldn't. Take a piss on the street in new york and you probably get taken down terrorist stylee? Well the way we glorify and over-question the "are we alone" thing we probably give off the impression that we will each do a personal new york cop take down on them, thats 6 billion new york cop take downs on 2 aliens in a ship. Do they want that?

Something skeptics maybe don't understand is that they themselves can go out and possibly witness these things or thing that make up this presumably unexplained (unexplained for the masses) phenomena and see something truly remarkable for themselves if they even so much as let the notion override any skepticism. If you can't override that skepticism, this thing that is there but doesn't want to be seen is, from what I can tell, far less receptive of showing you that its there. Your stubbornness is your own undoing, and you will take not knowing to the grave. That's your problem not mine, simply cos you took that frame of mind. From birth I remained confident there were spaceships in the sky and I've definitely seen stuff to support that theory in later life (no not just a 747 at night...!) ..

Remove the skepticism from your life. Believe like a wild child again and perhaps you might witness the proof you seek. And no I'm not saying you won't be confused about if its aliens or secret earthly tech, I think thats a bamboozle we all have to deal with but you do'nt HAVE to worry about that. You can still just be thankful for what you've seen and learnt.

Learnt isn't even a recognized word. But I digress. Aliens come here like we stop at Welcome Break. When we go to Welcome Break we don't jump around and make everyone look at us, we don't pee all over the tiled foyer and if the moment we walked in everyone turned and looked at us and treated us like celebrities, started screaming and cheering for some of us that'd be too overwhelming, we'd never stop there (or at least, we'd use the exterior toilet).

Why must aliens be anything more grand than just shy and needing a piss? And yeah I don't know why skeptics can't get over the fact something is there even if its not exactly interactive. But that's something they have to live with, not us, those of us who have opened up and actually experienced some kick ass stuff. And of course when you say that kind of thing, some people naturally flair up at that kind of bragged elitism
**** 'em
edit on 21-12-2015 by markymint because: Turned a really long sentence into two paragraph's and double-checked I had said Welcome Break enough times

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This might be a semantic argument, but it's totally ridiculous when people say 'UFOs don't exist'. A UFO is something unidentified, up there in the sky. Hundreds of thousands of people have seen them, there are countless cases of sightings by large groups (sometimes dozens or upwards of a hundred witnesses), incidents with video evidence, witness testimonials/drawings, sworn reports by civilian and military pilots, astronauts, even presidents.

Now, if a person says 'I don't think alien spacecraft have ever been seen on Earth', that's a different matter entirely. But UFOs, in their ageless and countless forms, certainly exist.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Xtrozero

In your experience, would it make any sense for a terrestrial
aircraft to have 3 dim red lights (didn't seem to be of any
use for illumination or warning of "do not approach") and
one bright white light (as bright as a high intensity
arc light) that did not blink or vary in illumination?
(no other lights of any kind).

Thanks,

Kev

One Red and Green on the wing tips with one white on the tail is you nav lights. Anti-collision lights are typically white but can be switched to red and they can be on top and bottom of the plane. You can have a military plane in formation that is running red anti-collision lights only and if two planes are close they could look like one plane with many lights.

I would not say this is typical, but in tactical training events the lights can be much different than normal FAA requirements.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4nWithNoN4me
Now, if a person says 'I don't think alien spacecraft have ever been seen on Earth', that's a different matter entirely. But UFOs, in their ageless and countless forms, certainly exist.

That is very true but the Alien are among us crowd have redefine UFO to mean alien aircraft, so the rest of us just flow with it...hehe

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
Remove the skepticism from your life. Believe like a wild child again and perhaps you might witness the proof you seek. And no I'm not saying you won't be confused about if its aliens or secret earthly tech, I think thats a bamboozle we all have to deal with but you do'nt HAVE to worry about that. You can still just be thankful for what you've seen and learnt.

I'm a skeptic but I would love to know, I have spent 50years trying to know, and that's why I'm a skeptic, but hey I would change tomorrow if I could.

Why must aliens be anything more grand than just shy and needing a piss?

Great, we just do not know. Might as well say that angels come here just to take a piss and you have the same amount of believers and evidence, so the first thing we need to find out if they are there then we can worry about the why.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
But that's something they have to live with, not us, those of us who have opened up and actually experienced some kick ass stuff.

Kind of like the supernatural, in you need a kick ass experience to believe, and so the rest of us that haven't had one it is no fault of ours, and not something we need to deal with it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDT20
Skeptics, why doubt ufo's?

'Skepticism' is the natural state of an honest intellect!

Everything exists!
In my experience, the only place that UFOs (otherworldly beings/craft) exist, in in the imagination!
Knowledge = experience.
I'm always willing to examine evidence, and it's source, but as of yet, I see nothing that would sway me beyond a 50% range!
With no good evidence, on the probabilities alone, I might offer a 10% perhaps.
Like 'Jesus', when you already believe, one is willing to feed that belief any old website and/or conspiracy theory that supports that belief!
But that is not intellectually honest.

I KNOW that UFOs and 'aliens' exist!
I have witnessed them myself; in movies, literature, other arts, in the imagination..., like unicorns...
But the jury is merely out, as far as I am concerned, until further credible evidence appears for examination.
I would hardly be so foolish as to claim that it 'cannot be', but I'm fine with the waiting.
In the meantime, there seems like so much to do, Here, to get ready for any 'guests', to make ourSelf presentable... Someone they'd WANT to meet!
Jeez, just LOOK at us now!!

edit on 21-12-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I find it hard to understand why your hilariously self righteous, douche of a post hasn't been removed for a manners violation.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
a reply to: schuyler

I find it hard to understand why your hilariously self righteous, douche of a post hasn't been removed for a manners violation.

Probably because its spot on.

If people take offence of something that is blatantly so obvious as schuyler pointed out then UFOlogy really is dead in the water.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Or how about Truman Bethurum who had a "relationship" with Aura Rhanes, a small Latina-looking space captain from the planet Clarion on the other side of the sun who wore her red beret at a jaunty angle?

The kind you find in a second hand store? I'll bet if it was warm she wouldn't wear much more.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
In my personal opinion, we have not been visited by "aliens". This "N=R*.Fp.Ne.Fe.Fi.Fc.L" (or Drake's equation translated into text for posting purposes) is the premise they exist and I cannot disagree there but my issue with them coming here is distance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join