It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guns control, Vegas driver and blaming inanimate objects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I understand, people want to feel safe. People want to feel in control. The truth of the matter is, you are not in control. Blaming inanimate objects when things go wrong, might make you feel like, you have some control, but it does not make you safer

There are some reports she was screaming, "Allahu Akbar" as she was driving. It's this easy to commit a terrorist attack. Whomever is reading this, you don't have control. It can happen to you, that quickly.

The car is not at fault for this lady running over 38 people killing one, no more then a gun would be at fault if she shot 38 people killing 1.

Call it whom you want, TPTB or whomever, really don't want you to think logically. This story has gotten much less time then it would if she used a gun over her car. Some people want you to fear the gun and not the car. Is it for commercial/economical reasons, personal choice, or political reasons...IDK, but for what ever reason, it is happening

www.superstation95.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
We need to outlaw these assault vehicles. Look how many people they kill!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

It's only an assault vehicle if it has tinted windows, racing stripes, and a spoiler.
edit on 21-12-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That's the Ego speaking out of them. As always, plain simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like the odds of seeing more of this kind of thing as we approach Christmas are going up. IF it's true she was screaming "allahu akbar".

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
I understand, people want to feel safe. People want to feel in control. The truth of the matter is, you are not in control. Blaming inanimate objects when things go wrong, might make you feel like, you have some control, but it does not make you safer

There are some reports she was screaming, "Allahu Akbar" as she was driving. It's this easy to commit a terrorist attack. Whomever is reading this, you don't have control. It can happen to you, that quickly.

The car is not at fault for this lady running over 38 people killing one, no more then a gun would be at fault if she shot 38 people killing 1.

Call it whom you want, TPTB or whomever, really don't want you to think logically. This story has gotten much less time then it would if she used a gun over her car. Some people want you to fear the gun and not the car. Is it for commercial/economical reasons, personal choice, or political reasons...IDK, but for what ever reason, it is happening

www.superstation95.com...

Where are any legitimate reports she was crying "Allahu Akbar" - any apart from on a blog?

I know this might be hard to get into your head, but cars aren't designed with the specific intent of killing things - guns are. Stop trying to insinuate they are equal when using such scenarios - predictable as it is that someone would.

ETA - your link goes as far as to state it's an act of Islamic terrorism while at this point in time there is no information to confirm it's any such thing - maybe it will prove to be, maybe it won't, but seems to me to just be spreading hate and fear.
edit on 21-12-2015 by uncommitted because: as per ETA

link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like the odds of seeing more of this kind of thing as we approach Christmas are going up. IF it's true she was screaming "allahu akbar".

I'd say, watch for mosques to be vandalized also.

Extremism has no label other then Extremism.

link   
a reply to: Klassified

We will be seeing more of these (whether or not they are lone wolfer's) and rest assured that the explosive vests will be coming into play as well (queue car bombs) . . sadly, and people ask me why I do not care for crowds...

Still no driver's identity- Lets see how they try to cherry coat this one... I am sure the Fed's and the advisers are writing a script as we speak...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MayanBoricua
We need to outlaw these assault vehicles. Look how many people they kill!

What if it is painted all black, and has a tank that holds more than ten gallons? Those are super scary!! No one needs to have a tank that holds more than ten gallons.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'd say, watch for mosques to be vandalized also.

Extremism has no label other then Extremism.

Amen!

originally posted by: ReadLeader

We will be seeing more of these (whether or not they are lone wolfer's) and rest assured that the explosive vests will be coming into play as well (queue car bombs) . . sadly, and people ask me why I do not care for crowds...

Still no driver's identity- Lets see how they try to cherry coat this one... I am sure the Fed's and the advisers are writing a script as we speak...

I sincerely hope you are wrong about that.
edit on 12/21/2015 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
One incident of a car used, and it's compared to the 50.000+ gun violence incidents a year....

I fail to see the comparison or what ever you are trying....

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Hate and fear?

Where is that, please, I missed that part.

seems to me to just be spreading hate and fear.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I hear she took driving lessons and wasn't interested in parking or driving in reverse !!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
One incident of a car used, and it's compared to the 50.000+ gun violence incidents a year....

But this isn't even close to the first time a car has been used to kill people intentionally. Cars have been used for decades, by terrorists, and people who are just pissed off. In the case of terrorists, it has increased in the 21rst century. Assault with a motor vehicle is very efficient and effective.

The use of a motor vehicle as a murder weapon has long been known both in reality and in fiction, and there have been vehicle rampages in which an individual used a car to attack an institution or attack a group of pedestrians. The 21st century has seen a rise in ramming attacks carried out as acts of terrorism by individuals committed to an ideology.[3] Canadian columnist Andrew Coyne describes the phenomenon as a form of "micro-terrorism," and argues that Canadians "had better get used to... the baffling phenomenon of the homegrown terrorist... who for whatever reason takes it into his head to kill any number of his fellow citizens in the service of his cause."

Link
Sorry. Wiki will have to do for now.
edit on 12/21/2015 by Klassified because: eta and edit

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Someone needs to propose some type of law that will also make it illegal to drink alcohol and drive afterwards.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

One incident?
The stats that gun grabbers like to use include suicides, accidents and stupidity when it comes to guns.

If we put things on an even perspective, one incident hardly covers car 'violence'.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It's still ridicules to compare the two, one is a daily useful tool for everything, the other a weapon useful for pretty much nothing but killing...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The witness went on to say "As this unfolded, the only thing I recall as this happened is the insane sound of her car accelerating and the voice from the car was screaming "Allah Akbar!" I've heard the sound enough times on the news that I was waiting for a bomb to blow up or guns to start firing. "

This was an act of Islamic Terrorism, perpetrated by an Islamic woman driving a car with a three year old child inside, who INTENTIONALLY rode onto the sidewalk to strike innocent people. Police, however, have been instructed by their superiors to NOT use the word "terrorism" in relation to this incident, because Las Vegas does not want tourists to be frightened away from the city.

TERROR ATTACK IN LAS VEGAS! Woman Driver, Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Runs Over 40 people on Las Vegas Strip

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No suicides are included in those stat unless suicide/ murder, so you are wrong, and i'm not a gun grabber

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

It's still ridicules to compare the two, one is a daily useful tool for everything, the other a weapon useful for pretty much nothing but killing...

It is ridiculous to poo poo car violence when it exists.
Just because they aren't designed to kill people doesn't make them safe in the hands of those that would do harm to others.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join