It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nashua, New Hampshire, Schools Closed for 'Detailed Threat of Violence'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

News

Dec 20 2015, 8:11 pm ET

Officials in Nashua, New Hampshire, told all public school students Sunday to stay home Monday because of a "specific" threat aimed at two high schools.

"We have received a detailed threat of violence to harm students and staff at both high schools," Superintendent Mark Conrad announced on the school district's website Sunday. "The threat is specific to tomorrow [Monday]. We have been working closely with the Nashua Police Department, which is still working at this time to determine the credibility of the threat."

Because "the threat is specific and extends to several schools," Conrad added, "we will be cautious and close all of our public schools in Nashua tomorrow."

www.nbcnews.com...

I wonder how many more of these we'll see in the near future. Email.....they should be able to find the sender, well, unless it was encrypted or sent from out of the country.

This crap is getting real old, fast.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
We had a lot of them in our high school in the mid 80's ....but....it was always some local kid wanted out of class or a test. They would call it in from the pay phone across the street....it was always right around 10 am, and the school would evacuate us to the parking lot directly beside the school. I distinctly remember , one of those time being evacuated, and thinking we were all dead or injured if the school did blow up because we were so close , and how weird it was that they didn't remove us from the threat . But, maybe they knew it was kids prank calling..... Now a days is a whole different story. Sadly ,there will be all kinds of copycat thrill seekers , or People who want to cause chaos by distrusting school, or the real deal .......it is the new fad.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

News

Why is it getting real, did they offer any evidence other than their allegation? I don't understand what makes people have blind belief in such claims when they offer no evidence at all. Perhaps some people believe the evidence of the allegation being true is the allegation is itself.

How can unquestioning acceptance of claims govt make be regarded as be healthy?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

News

Officials in Nashua, New Hampshire, told all public school students Sunday to stay home Monday because of a "specific" threat aimed at two high schools.

"We have received a detailed threat of violence to harm students and staff at both high schools," Superintendent Mark Conrad announced on the school district's website Sunday. "The threat is specific to tomorrow [Monday]. We have been working closely with the Nashua Police Department, which is still working at this time to determine the credibility of the threat."

Because "the threat is specific and extends to several schools," Conrad added, "we will be cautious and close all of our public schools in Nashua tomorrow."

www.nbcnews.com...

I wonder how many more of these we'll see in the near future. Email.....they should be able to find the sender, well, unless it was encrypted or sent from out of the country.

Old as in boring? Or...you weren't very clear about that.

The article states the police are trying to determine the credibility and schools open in about an hour in Nashua and classes start within 2.

They have chosen caution.

I see they announced Sunday evening. It looks to me like they were unable to determine the source.
edit on 21-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

My thoughts exactly. It happens so often now. Of course it happened when I was in school, but this was before actual "school shootings" became the norm.....sadly. ..

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I also remember the bomb threats- a few times a year at our schools. We'd go outside, the police would walk through with a dog, we'd go back in...

It always blew my mind. If you wanted to inflict maximum damage, you'd call in a threat- then detonate a bomb in the crowd. High density student population without all those pesky walls.

The threats are lame- the reactions are pointless. If someone is going to shoot up a school, gathering all the kids outside in a big group isn't going to help. Leaving them home for a day won't help either- they'll all be back in tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I also remember the bomb threats- a few times a year at our schools. We'd go outside, the police would walk through with a dog, we'd go back in...

It always blew my mind. If you wanted to inflict maximum damage, you'd call in a threat- then detonate a bomb in the crowd. High density student population without all those pesky walls.

The threats are lame- the reactions are pointless. If someone is going to shoot up a school, gathering all the kids outside in a big group isn't going to help. Leaving them home for a day won't help either- they'll all be back in tomorrow.

Then they should do nothing?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
When I lived up north, it seemed as if we trudged through the snow to the bus stop and I recall the buses having chains on the tires.
Here where I live there is not a lot of funding for snow removal/roads.
If it "looks" like it is going to snow...they will call off school. If it does snow, even a little, in certain parts of our large county things can get dangerous quickly. There are many back roads, mountains, and although one end of the county may be fine, the other end not so much.
The roads in town may be clear and fine as the city and county have separate budgets.

So, EVERY winter...the BOE pres makes a decision based on the best info he/she has at that time to either call school off or not...
EVERY winter, they get slammed with complaints for either calling school off (unnecessarily as it didn't snow or freeze)
OR NOT calling it off and the children have to be released early...

I know BOMBS and SNOW are two different things but, you get my point...I hope

Damned if you do and damned if you don't!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Make schools into prisons or at the least guard them like prisons.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Aren't these kids out for the next two weeks on Christmas break?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

No kidding... Whatever happened to one kid taking one for the team and pulling the fire alarm... Now, because of terrorism, one threat can shut the school down. Pretty much one of the main reasons I despise internet technology.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Boring? Not hardly. Old as in getting tired of these actions constantly putting people on edge, afraid. A constant high alert leads to anxiety, depression and finally, apathy... all IMHO of course. Whether the threat is followed by an actual event of violence, it still plays out the same.

It needs to stop.

new topics

top topics

join