It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Harvey Tweeted Apology to Miss "Philippians"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I find it additionally despicable that he would tweet an apology to Miss Philippines (and Colombia) and spell both - esp Philippines - in some cryptic way, as if the long pause only to announce runner up as winner then an even longer pause (minutes upon minutes of judges apparently wondering why the long, sinister delay in correcting himself or the bewitched teleprompter ) to recognize Miss P, wasn't bad enuf

definitely not a grammernazi but wonder Is there some underlying message? The tweet was retweeted and liked tens of thousands of times each *before* replaced with a new or corrected tweet.

Can this simply be chaulked up to illustrate how autocorrect & smartphones (symbolic AI?) control our lives and info today rather than human intentions? Sure seems so.ditto for Biblical aspects taking priority (ie, 11th new testament book = PHILIPPIANS!)

sorry I don't have a link to a screenshot of it but hopefully a fellow ATSer might Hook it up?

Peace!

edit on 20-12-2015 by Plantagenet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plantagenet

Can this simply be chaulked up to illustrate how autocorrect & smartphones (symbolic AI?) control our lives and info today rather than human intentions?

Or ... just another blunder from Steve Harvey.

I watched the clip of the snaffu online earlier.

Priceless.

Zero eye contact between Miss Philippines, Miss Colombia or the hapless compère Steve Harvey.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UmbraSumus
The look she gave when the crown was taken off her head tells me that a new super villain was just born.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think the real issue here is a poor education.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Plantagenet

Odds are he won't be hosting the pageant next year.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

That's what I was thinking too, but education in Harvey's days, whether public or private, was far more disciplined than today. Poor Steve, I truly like and respect that guy. I would have rather it happened to an actual d-bag like kanye west. Someone that deserves a frack-up of that international level.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
The look she gave when the crown was taken off her head tells me that a new super villain was just born.

Why? She has had a great and long career in show business.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The guy always seemed to me to be a dim lightbulb.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Or...maybe he was really upset and typed it out on a phone in a rush?

Nothing wrong with removing a misspelled Tweet and replacing it with one that is spelled correctly. How many times have we sent a text or updated a Facebook status with a word misspelled?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: superman2012

Why? She has had a great and long career in show business.

She looks like that chick in the Keurig commercial that can make the latte, the regular coffee, or the carafe of coffee... Sophia something I think.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
How many times have we sent a text or updated a Facebook status with a word misspelled?

Sure. But how many times have any of us posted something after a huge blunder on international television? You would think he would have quadruple checked that. Or run it past a publicist, either his own or the pageant's.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

He was probably nervous, freaked out, felt horrible, and beyond adrenaline fueled. It was an honest mistake, the guy is human.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

He was probably nervous, freaked out, felt horrible, and beyond adrenaline fueled. It was an honest mistake, the guy is human.

I don't think it was his mistake. He reads and speaks, so I do not think he would miss read two totally different countries.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The guy is illiterate. He should just have a handler for anything that involves reading/writing. "Still a great night!"

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Damn dude they throwing all that money your way, you can afford hooked on phonics.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't think it was his mistake. He reads and speaks, so I do not think he would miss read two totally different countries.

If you ever saw him host Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or Family Feud a mistake like this on his part wouldn't surprise you.

Not that I've even seen either of those.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Is everyone enjoying poking fun out of a dude that made a HUGE blunder? Never made one?
edit on 21-12-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Is everyone enjoying poking fun out of a dude that made a HUGE blunder? Never made one?

Wait, your right...who cares...lol

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Actually, I feel for they guy. He'll never live this down.

I expect the meme generator will be busy for a while capitalizing off the mistake. Election night, Steve Harvey will announce the winner. . . . . .

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Damn dude they throwing all that money your way, you can afford hooked on phonics.

He should have paid attention to all those UNCF "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" commercials. Now his name is synonymous with when you really eff up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join