It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats, harassment, vandalism at mosques reach record high

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

(CNN)Gunshots fired into a mosque in Connecticut. Armed men protesting the "Islamization of America" outside Islamic centers in Texas. Death threats called in to mosques in Florida, Maryland and Virginia.

Anecdotal evidence suggests 2015, a year bookended by murderous attacks carried out in the name of Islam, has been one of the most intensely anti-Muslim periods in American history. A new study shared with CNN puts statistical heft behind that suspicion.

Through December 8, American mosques and Islamic centers have been the victims of vandalism, harassment and anti-Muslim bigotry at least 63 times this year, the Council on American-Islamic Relations says in the study. That's the highest number since the Muslim civil rights group began keeping track in 2009 and a threefold increase over last year.

Thanks to terrorist attacks both home and abroad along with political rhetoric morons all across this great nation are donning their dunce caps and attacking innocent people and their places of worship with violence, threats, and property destruction. Ironically, those that attack Muslims because of terrorism become the very thing they despise. Fighting hate with hate is not the solution.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Mosques aren't the only targets google churches that have been burned, vandlzied, threatened, and shot up. then compare that to mosque data you have above.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Let's certify these are (were) not false flags perpetrated by sympathizers with special interests.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Of course you would try to deflect this thread by making it about Christian churches. It's well known you're biased against Islam so your post is predicable.

If you care so much about churches being threatened then go ahead and make a thread about it but while in this thread do stay on topic.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So you're saying these threats and attacks against Muslims are false flag events created by Muslims?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Let's certify these are (were) not false flags perpetrated by sympathizers with special interests.

The world can't be full of false flags perpetrated by sympathizers...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
No what you are doing is making a crime spree against Muslims but Christian churches have had twice as many attacks, burglaries, Vandalism, murders and other crimes against them. Just trying to get you to put it in perspective to other religions.

For example 10 churches were burned this year alone in the US. Now compare that to how many mosques were burned in 2015 in the US.

edit on 20-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So you're saying these threats and attacks against Muslims are false flag events created by Muslims?

Where did I say that?

My post is right where you can see it.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing only Muslims are terrorist or else something bad might happen. When you have news media outlets crying that Muslims are terrorist which implies all Muslims are terrorist the slack jawed mouth breathers will react in this way.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The world can't be full of false flags perpetrated by sympathizers...

Gee.

I never thought of that.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It is a vicious circle that has been created whereby every time there is a terrorist attack that kills innocent civilians and a claim of responsibility by Islamic extremists then the retaliation will be to threaten and attack the Muslim population centers by (a portion of) that countries non-Muslim civilians.

This situation is sustained by the likes of ISIS posting HD videos threatening to target and decapitating innocent non-Muslims, or pre-meditated mass shootings targeting innocent civilians carried out by Islamic extremists.

The current trend would suggest that this "eye for an eye" mentality will continue until there are no more terrorist attacks by Islamic extremists on innocent civilians.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It doesn`t surprise me, when there is an epidemic of people dieing from rattlesnake bites it`s not surprising that there is an increase in people killing rattlesnakes.

not all rattlesnakes bite and not all people who get bitten by a rattlesnake die, but when there is an increase of people getting bitten and dieing from rattlesnake bites it`s only natural that we would see an increase in people killing rattlesnakes.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
No what you are doing is making a crime spree against Muslims but Christian churches have had twice as many attacks, burglaries, Vandalism, murders and other crimes against them. Just trying to get you to put it in perspective to other religions.

Funny you say the same thing he did when people post how there are Christian extremist that commit more acts of terrorism than Muslim extremist in your usual Islamophobic threads.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Great analogy.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The current trend would suggest that this "eye for an eye" mentality will continue until there are no more terrorist attacks by Islamic extremists on innocent civilians.

Especially when people celebrate them and justify them.
Also the more attacks the more people what to retaliate for those attacks creating the vicious circle.
Eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Mosques aren't the only targets google churches that have been burned, vandlzied, threatened, and shot up. then compare that to mosque data you have above.

Ok, I did the search as you said and it came back with mostly Black Churches being attacked in the south at locations that have seen a lot of race violence over the years.

Also had many stories talking about mosques being attacked.

Since I don't imagine many of the Black Church attacks happened by Muslims I'm not sure what your point was. What should I have seen??

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No, it's obvious what you're doing and I'm not even going to ask you to source your claims because its all off topic. As I said, go create your own thread about Christian churches being attacked.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I just can't see why Muslims would be targeted !
Mystifies me , when they just keep there selves to themselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOmI am not a racist now go and search how many robberies accure at churches and in their parking lots.

If I am not mistaken 7 people in the US were killed in churches this last year. How many died in a mosque in the US last year?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I see your post but please just come out and say what it is you're insinuating. Who are these special interests?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join