It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Useless Facts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
www.factslides.com...

Ok, deep breath and forget whatever it was in that last thread that had you all wound up and make room for some more useless stuff that no one will ever want to hear and you'll probably forget by tomorrow anyway.

The piano Freddie Mercury plays in Bohemian Rhapsody is the same exact piano Paul McCartney plays in Hey Jude.

When Benjamin Franklin invented his own harmonica, it became so popular in Europe that Mozart and Beethoven composed music for it.

Elephants rarely get cancer because they have 40 copies of genes that code for the tumor suppressor protein p53—humans have two.

You have about 70,000 thoughts a day. [ men only have 2....sex and food. ok, 3.... cars ]

There are 4 states in the U.S. that ban oral sex but allow necrophilia. [ That's disturbing, huh? ]

The number of H2O molecules in 10 drops of water are equal to the number of all the stars in the universe.
[ Just had to go look this up. There are 1.67 sextillion H2O molecules in One drop of water. Multiply that by 10. That's a lot of stars ]

The company that owned the WTC had scheduled a meeting for 9/11/2001 on Tower 1 to discuss what to do in the event of a terrorist attack, but rescheduled the night before because someone couldn't attend. [ hmmmm ]

The first online transaction ever, was Stanford students buying marijuana from MIT students.

51% of Britons have never had a one-night stand. [ Really ? ]

People of the world produce roughly 1,043,000 tonnes (that's 2,299,421,390 lbs) of poop each day. [ There ya go - proof that most people are just full of sh** ]

The iconic Windows 95 startup sound was composed on a Mac.

According to a study, up to 50% of the world's natural history specimens in museums are labeled incorrectly.

edit on 20-12-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I for one really appreciate the facts.

This is the world we live in.

Networking is key.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

They don't know how many stars are in the Universe. So are you saying they don't know how many H2O molecules in 10 drops of water.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

It's an estimate, thrown in a bunch of random facts. It's just for fun, not a scientific journal. Try not to get too caught up in the details.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and kale are all the exact same plant.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Prince Charles has an Aston Martin that runs on wine. What a waste!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

is that really true?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

do you mean family type because cauliflower and broccoli are similar in species but different family.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

oh ok i see.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh joy! I get to fill up my brain with random facts and annoy everyone I know with them again! Thanks!

The president born in the US spoke Dutch as his first language. There's something for the people who think only English should be spoken here to think about.

The volcanic system beneath Yellowstone holds enough lava to fill 11 Grand Canyons. That's a comforting thought.

The average meat eating person eats about 7,000 animals in their lifetime. That seems a little low. I eat a lot of meat.

Reagan and Gorbachev informally agreed that the US and USSR would assist each other in the event of an alien invasion. Is there something they knew that we don't?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Highly Unlikely but you just can't tell with these Billionaires and their squandering ways.

Not all of the quotes i've been reading on that site are true, like harry potter, he was born in 1989 not 1980.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, savoy, kohlrabi are all the exact same plant. brassica oleracea.

not similar plants, the exact same plant just breed differently into different cultivars. just like a Chihuahua and a bull mastiff are the exact same animal canis familiaris.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This one i believe is true, if i recall correctly.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

No - Daniel Radcliffe was born in 89, Harry Potter was born in 1980.

time.com...

Luckily, some extremely dedicated Potter fans created a timeline on their own, based on one concrete date given in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. A 12-year-old Harry and friends were celebrating Nearly Headless Nick’s 500th anniversary of his October 31, 1492 deathday. And quicker than you can say, “Aparecium!” there it is–a clear indication that Harry was born in 1980.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

lol yes you're correct. I was thinking of the Actor not the Character thanks for correcting me.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
King's Cross station in London is simultaneously north and south of Euston station.

Explanation; there are two tube lines connecting the two.
On one of them, you get from King's Cross to Euston by the "northbound" service.
On the other, you make the same journey on the "southbound" service.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The chances are the same for everyday of the year any year as long as there are idiots that exist on this planet.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

if that being true then Noah only needed one set of each type of animal to eventually get all the types we have today.

One set of canines would give you all the wolves and dogs we have today. One set of Feline to get all the different types of Cats and so one and so forth.

Well that fixes the old mystery on how Noah got all the animals on such a small craft, just bring on a freshly weaned pair of each type for the duration of the flood.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Well that fixes the old mystery on how Noah got all the animals on such a small craft, just bring on a freshly weaned pair of each type for the duration of the flood.

which flood ?
Orginal flood stories

top topics

join