It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many US states can you name(aimed mainly at non US Members)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

As a U.S. citizen, I learned all 50 states their capitals. I remember getting a perfect grade on my geography test. Now at the age of 56, I doubt I can remember them all let alone the capitals.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: watchitburn

As an American, I think a more impressive feat would be to try and name all the countries in Africa.

I think I could maybe get 10, but I think some of the ones I think I know aren't countries anymore.

You should try this interactive quiz on the middle east, it made me realise how appaling my geography was but I got there in the end.

link

I scored an 82% on that one.

I will admit I started it over. I initially thought the little red circles were a multiple choice. Once I figured out they weren't, I started over and did much better. I kept wondering why they were in the wrong places.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

Try this one out if the states are a little too easy for you then

US Rivers interactive quiz

That one was way easy.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: DISRAELI

Try this one out if the states are a little too easy for you then

US Rivers interactive quiz

That one was way easy.

Well you are from The USA though aren't you

Try this one for size then, None of us Europeans got them all right...

European capital cities
edit on 20/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I was working my way through the European country one, but my computer was lagging out on the drag and drop. I missed Sweden because it froze out on me.

Then it froze on me just as I was lining up Croatia.

That one was easy because you just had to line up coast lines and rivers and the borders of previous countries like a puzzle.

I'll have to take another shot at it with Chrome.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I was working my way through the European country one, but my computer was lagging out on the drag and drop. I missed Sweden because it froze out on me.

Then it froze on me just as I was lining up Croatia.

That one was easy because you just had to line up coast lines and rivers and the borders of previous countries like a puzzle.

I'll have to take another shot at it with Chrome.

It is a bit of a giveaway with some of the coastal ones yes but it is the ex soviet ones that get a little tricky.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I got 87% on the ME. As for the States, pretty easy. We study those up here too. Well, we used to.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
We had a social studies teacher who took us around the world and our tests and grades were determined by studying and naming the major nations and rivers of most of the continents. I remember doing Europe, South America, and Africa. I'm sure we also did the Middle East and Asia, but I don't recall those tests specifically like I do the others.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Try this one of Europe, 3 europeans even made mistakes on this one.

Interactive map quiz Europe

I got Andora, Lithuania and San Moreno wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

American here, I could probably get most of them, as I can visualize them on a map.
And, unlike a certain US weatherman, I can find Hawaii on a map.

I'd be hard pressed to name most of the countries in Africa....most have changed names since I was in school.
Europe would be much easier, save the countries new since the USSR ceased to exist.
Asia would be fairly easy, as well, I think.

I wonder how the map reading skills are amongst ATSers around the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

ehhh... I got 3 wrong in Europe. Damned former Soviet Bloc countries in the Balkans threw me off and I'm embarrassed to say I totally forgot the existence of San Marino. I got 2 wrong in the ME but really it was only 1 because the damned dot wqas so small for Qatar I somehow missed clicking the correct spot. I'm trying to find the interactive Africa map I used to pull out for my kids. That one is hard.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'll be honest and say "barely any". I know Hawaii is one, simply because I always got that wrong when I was younger. Texas because that's really all we hear about. Washington and California. Illinois!!! I know that one because I used to believe that Chicago was the state.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yes, all of them.

I can also name all the counties in the British Isles and all the cantons in Switzerland.

Don't ask me anything about US politics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join