It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what is everyone that is having one choosing to have for their christmas dinner?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Geese are mean nasty creatures and I always imagined them tasting as bitter as their attitude.

You're right about that. I've had them chase me down to bite me.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola butter, garlic cheesy mashed potatoes with a hint of horseradish, no clue yet veggies, squaw bread rolls and pecan pumpkin pie with vanilla bean ice cream.

Drinks: cranberry margarita punch.

Nom..nom..nom...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
completely off the rails this year (we usually do a roast beef or something more like Thanksgiving):

- Corned beef
- roasted cabbage, baby dutch gold potatoes, carrots, and onion with rosemary
- yeast rolls (wife says Yorkshire puddings are too much work and veto'd me)
- Mac n cheese (for the kids who won't eat cabbage)
- Fried corn (with diced onion and anaheim peppers....doesn't go with the rest of the meal, for sure)
- some cornish game hens for those who won't eat corned beef
- a nice rice and almond pilaf to go with the hens
- butternut squash
- pecan pie

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Are you the one getting goosed or are you doing the goosing?

After a few cocktails I get pretty grabastic so I think I will be doing the goosing.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm going with ham with a brown sugar glaze and pineapples and cherries, mashed potatoes and other veggies. It's only going to be my husband I as we are having separate gatherings during the week with others. Tomorrow with my Brother and Niece and her Husband and two kids, Christmas eve we're dining out in a fancy little restaurant with my Sister and her family

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I figured lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I live in rural Virginia, so PBR and beef jerky, of course.

Nahhh - no specific plans yet, but I've got some kickin' rib eyes in the freezer, and some sweet potatoes - I'm sure I could whip something nice together for the big day.

-=Vel=-

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm not directly Italian, but we generally keep up the tradition my mother grew up in.
My grandfather was born raised in Italy, only left because of Nazi's invading his little home village.

But, he got involved in a sort of Italian club and kept with his traditions and learned some new ones.

We generally spent Christmas eve eating a fish feast, mostly fried fish, and an assortment of pickled stuff.
For Christmas dinner is was started with a soup, it was a variation of what people would call 'wedding soup'.

But only after a large antipasto plate, with cured meats and pickled items. and stuffed pizza, anchovies, onions, heavy on the oregano, and some chillies.

After soup, we would have baked chicken and potatoes with rosemary, some veggies, usually cooked peas, some cooked greens like rapini. Finished with some Ravioli, was usually just filled with some cheese.
Then it's pasta time, a big ol' dish of baked Lasagna.
After the barrage of food we get an assortment of baked goods, and a wave of various liquors.

And I usually stumble off to the couch and watch TV till I fall asleep.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Mmmm...on second thought, the beef jerky can wait - I wanna come to your house for Christmas!

-=Vel=-

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
We're having a simple Christmas this year
So I'm planning corned silverside, baked potatoes, cheesy cauliflower bake and the snacking on prawns all day. With several blue curacao / coconut rum / vodka / pineapple juice cocktails!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Was kidding. I see your dedication. Just come back with photos of what we missed.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
a reply to: Trueman

Don't you encourage him!!!

Since we don't know if he's a good cook, giving alternatives to save the party.

There are as of yet no words to describe how good a chef I am sir, combined with my cheffing partner this year it is intended to be an epic endeavour. pictures will prove that it did in fact happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How can Yorkshire puds be too much work?

Eggs, flour, milk, one bun baking tray, beef drippng. Done.

I would protest!! And make a batch for yourself, timed, then she can'r use that excuse not to make them.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

yeast rolls are pretty easy. You put them in the "fairy tins" to thaw/rise, then bake. No technique involved, unless i get fancy and egg wash the tops to make them shiny.

But im with you. The puddings would make the meal. I always end up eating more puddings than anything else when I make them. its obvious who the real fan in the house is.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

yeast rolls are pretty easy. You put them in the "fairy tins" to thaw/rise, then bake. No technique involved, unless i get fancy and egg wash the tops to make them shiny.

But im with you. The puddings would make the meal. I always end up eating more puddings than anything else when I make them. its obvious who the real fan in the house is.

Have you had yorkshire puddings as a dessert?

Reheated with strawberries and whipped cream is suprisingly good.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
breakfast : biscuits, jelly, gravy, grits, sausage, bacon, smoked sausage, scrambled cheese eggs and toast.

lunch/dinner : ham, turkey and dressing, mashtaters, green beans, pinto beans, fried salmon paties adn a few other I can't think of.

late night : all the chocolate and candy I manage to steal from my nieces & nephews.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

ill buy frozen raspberries and blackberries, put a little water in them (a cup or two, depending on how much I buy), some sweetener (i use splenda and stevia), and simmer them down until the berries are macerated and falling apart. Drop the immersion blender in to get the pulp all broken up, then strain through a sieve to separate the seeds. Ill make a big batch, freeze half and use half. I always have a squirt bottle in the fridge, as it is good in meat sauces, dessert sauces, and vinaigrettes.

I've made puddings with butter and a squirt of that berry sauce in it. It's fantastic.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Fresh brisket with a semi-spicy dry rub.
Buttered brussel sprouts.
Jasmine rice.
Maybe a green salad with bleu cheese dressing.
GF cookies, special holiday chocolates, served with vanilla frozen yogurt.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

potato salad yearns to be paired with brisket.

Im going to the kitchen now to make a batch, actually.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

that would be good....but that screams summer....and the weather is already unseasonably warm

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join